Can Somebody Help Me Translate This?

trickmaster51

Trying to help out a friends marital situation and really need this text deciphered. Much kudos if anybody can do this. Thanks!

การแต่งงานของฉันเรียบร้อยดี แต่ไม่มีความสุขเพราะฉันไม่ได้รักเขา มันเป็นไปเพียงเพื่อความเหมาะสมเท่านั้น!!!

ขอบคุณที่เธอเข้าใจฉัน

Not a native speaker, but here is my understanding of the text. biggrin.png

การแต่งงานของฉันเรียบร้อยดี แต่ไม่มีความสุขเพราะฉันไม่ได้รักเขา มันเป็นไปเพียงเพื่อความเหมาะสมเท่านั้น!!

ขอบคุณที่เธอเข้าใจฉัน

gahn-dairng-ngan-korng-chun-rieb-roy-dee dtair-mai-mee-kwahm-sook-pro-chun-mai-dai-ruk-kao mun-bpen-bpai-pee-ung-peu-uh-kwahm-mo-som-tao-nun kor-korp-koon-tee-tur-kao-jai-chun

My wedding ceremony was good, however, I wasn't happy because I don't love him. He is only just appropriate. Thank you for understanding me.

I think that การแต่งงาน doesn't refer to the marriage ceremony.

I think that sentence just means "I am already married", but I might be wrong.

And มัน probably doesn't refer to him/he, but to the marriage. I think the third sentence means: "The marriage just is/was appropriate"

Edited by kriswillems

My TGF says การแต่งงาน it is specifically the marriage ceremony, not the banquet, not anything else.

มันเป็นไป... should better be re-phrased ทุกอย่างเป็นไป... The whole phrase, indeed, means that everything is appropriate. Probably, should be understood that the marriage was profitable for both families.