Non Imm O (Marriage) Extension To Stay (First One)

Apologies if this question has been previously answered but I cannot find an answer through searching.

I'm from UK, been married for 3 years but haven't had the need for and extension to stay due to working outside of Thailand. This is now not the case so will be applying for the extension shortly at Phuket Immigration Office.

My question relates to the KR2 copy that is required for the application. I've read in a few threads that you need a copy of the KR2 but it has to be no older than 6 months (see below snip from another thread). Am I correct is stating that the KR2 we received when we got married 3 years ago cannot be used and that I have to get a new copy from our loca amphur? Is the KR2 required at all immigration offices or only some?

To get the copy of the KR2 at the local amphur do I need anything other than the original KR2 and ID's?

Is there anything else now needed that is not on the list below? I see that proof of income is missing.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

T.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

Paperwork.

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy spouse house registration

6. Copy spouse identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

Edited by TS79

KR2 very easy to get from any Amphur office for about 30bht.

Just show your wife's ID card or your Thai marriage cert, or the old KR2 to get it.

1 sometimes they want two completed forms with two photos, best to be prepared.

4 children not relevant unless applying for extension for looking after a child.

9 Map to residency .... they want it hand drawn.

10 Picture of house husband/wife, take a selection with you, they don't want photos of any kids. Just you and her.

11 Copy of Bank book with an entry showing this weeks date (and 400k).

12 Letter from bank manager showing this weeks date (and 400k).

two copies of everything all signed by you and wife.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

A rough guide for applying for a 12 Month Exrention, but all Immigration Offices differ a little.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

Financials as noted - bank account 2 months with bank letter and copies of passbook or 40k monthly income proof (tax records I believe or Embassy letter if outside of Thailand source).

The KR2 is asked at most locations now and must be recent as it helps prove the marriage has not ended. Any District Office can print out a copy for you on such a recent marriage.

Having birth certificates for kids would not hurt to have because that is further proof the marriage is real.

Same for the photos of the entire family.

Two completed TM7 forms with photos and two copies of everything is needed at 99% percent of immigration offices. The only exceptions are immigration offices that are in the same building as the regional immigration office.

Edited by ubonjoe

Having birth certificates for kids would not hurt to have because that is further proof the marriage is real.

Same for the photos of the entire family.

I've tried it, they just say they don't want them.

Once they've decided the marriage is real, they don't make much effort ..... it's only the iffy ones they watch.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

When renewing after 1 year, I believe the 400k baht must be in the bank for 90 days. I don't know if that applies to your situation or not.

I'd been staying with an O-A visa and thought I could get it renewed with 400K because I was married, but that didn't work out. I had to come up with 800K because the 400K had been recently deposited. The nice visa officer sent me to the bank with a block about the right size for 800 x 1,000 baht notes wrapped in thick brown paper. They opened the account, registered a deposit, and withdrew it again without unwrapping the block! Very amusing. The "service charge" I paid was less amusing, but better than having to do visa runs out of the country every 90 days. This year I'll just plan to have the 800K available when my visa expires, but it is nice to know all the options.

For an extension based upon marriage to a Thai it is always 60 days that the money has to be in the bank.

It sounds like you got cheated real bad. You could of extended your permit to stay based upon marriage without any problem.

You even could of gotten a 60 day extension to visit your wife to give you more time to get the 60 days needed for the money to be in the bank.

During the course of my application for the same, I was told by the Policeman dealing with the application that:

"It was impossible that the money I had in the bank came from selling a condominium because a foreigner must have a work permit to sell a condominium"

As I doubt whether any of the Gurus on this board would have anticipated such a statement it follows that it is unlikely they will be able to tell you what will actually happen when you make your application.

I declined the offer of the issuance of the extension for 15,000thb via a telephone call received at the instigation of the immigration office ten minutes after I got home after wasting two days of our time including paying the manager of our condo to go and tell them we were bona fide, they may just not be interested.

But anything is possible TiT .

Be prepared to answer personal questions, your wife may be asked "how/where you met" and "how you can afford to support her" in thai language - then they will ask you the same in English...

This could cause embarrasment if someone met thier partner in BJ bar, and they hadn't prepared response beforehand.

Contrary to another posters comment, I was told specifically to take pictures of wife/kid/myself inside and outside the house.

Also contrary to another poster comment was that a google maps printout was fine, it was not hand drawn.

Note: pattaya immigration office

All in all though, the first one is not too hard and neither are the renewals.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by Satcommlee

Hi,

can anyone confirm which Immigration Office I need to apply at for a 1 year extension to a Non Imm O visa (marriage ) when we live near Burirum city.

I have been told Korat and Kap Chong. Thanks.

I too was told this, I called the immigration service in Kap Choen (044559127), nice English speaking guy called something like 'Salloowi' confirmed that what you and I have heard is correct. He patiently told me what documents I need, when I should come (not earlier than 15 days before expiration of my 'O' visa). Like yourself I am going for the first time, around 15 October.

If you don't have kids and are wanting to extend for the first time...the Jomtien office required us to bring a "witness"

( close friend who is not familly ) with 2 copies of their house registration and ID card plus 2 differnt photos of "witness" with wife and myself.

The immigration asked the "witness" a couple of questions...his ocupation,income how we knew each other, my ocupation and the wifes ocupation and seemed happy with the answers. wai.gif

KR2 was required for my wife and I this year at Dan Kwian Immigration. This is my fifth Visa Extension, and the first time the KR2 was required by that office.

It was a quick trip to the Amphur in Chok Chai, and about 15 minutes to get the KR2. Nothing was required from me, only from my wife.