Must Overstay Fees Also Paid,when Passboard Is Lost Or Stolen,shortly After Visa Running Out?

Hello!

only want,know,what whould happen!

when a passboard,has been stolen,or lost shorty,the visa running out!

when,no passboard is avalible,and visa runing out at the next day for e.g,needs nearly 2 weeks from embasy to apply a new one!

maybe longer!

i called my ambasy and ask this,the say,only when you married in thailand,then we can send you the new passboard within 2 weeks to your homeadress in thailand,if not,you must come to embasy the give you a paper,thats same a pasboard valid for one year

but at moment i think the overstay fees must also payed?

Police order 777/2551 has the following clause which I believe is meant for a situation like a lost/stolen passport.

2.28 In the case of necessity, with certification or request made by an embassy or consulate:

(1) In the case of necessity, each permission shall be granted for no more than 30 days of stay.

(2) For training only, each permission shall be granted for no more than 90 days of stay.

(1) Must have been confirmed and requested by the embassy or consulate.

(2) In the case of training, said alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON IM).

However there is no necessity when subject declines an Embassy travel document to allow exit and do not believe most Embassies will provide such paperwork for a lost passport case unless they are unable to provide travel documents to his home country.

But nothing lost in trying.

Your other post is asking if someone who went to jail for murder is blacklisted from Thailand and here you are asking about your pass board (whatever that is) is strangely lost or stolen just after your visa stamp expires.

Your other post indicates you are in Cambodia wanting to get back into Thailand.

Blunt but simple question to your posts: Are you a murderer living in Cambodia now that wants to get back into Thailand and is trying to figure out a way of being here?

• Like 1

Your other post is asking if someone who went to jail for murder is blacklisted from Thailand and here you are asking about your pass board (whatever that is) is strangely lost or stolen just after your visa stamp expires.

Your other post indicates you are in Cambodia wanting to get back into Thailand.

Blunt but simple question to your posts: Are you a murderer living in Cambodia now that wants to get back into Thailand and is trying to figure out a way of being here?

Was also asking about 3M filter masks for a trip to chang mai on the health forum so he didnt have to breath in the smog, so maybe going to wear this mask to get over the border..rolleyes.gif

To the OP, how many times do you want to ask questions about a Pass Board? Every post you have made about a Passport you type the word Pass board, suggest you find out and come back to us with what a Pass Board is?

Ambasy or Embassy, these words can be translated from your native language into English using google, only then will you get good and clear answers.

I applied for a new passport, which for a British citizen means sending it to Hong Kong, the passport office in HK promptly lost my original passport so I had to apply again. Long story short, Bangkok immigration would not transfer my old tourist visa into the new passport even though a had a copy of the old passport. I was told to go back to my entry point which was the Laos border, then Thai embassy in Laos, had the visa reissued, by this time I had the 20K max fine. The embassy have agreed to refund a portion of it, im now trying to get the travel costs out of them......no bargaing on the fine with Thai immigration

I applied for a new passport, which for a British citizen means sending it to Hong Kong, the passport office in HK promptly lost my original passport so I had to apply again. Long story short, Bangkok immigration would not transfer my old tourist visa into the new passport even though a had a copy of the old passport. I was told to go back to my entry point which was the Laos border, then Thai embassy in Laos, had the visa reissued, by this time I had the 20K max fine. The embassy have agreed to refund a portion of it, im now trying to get the travel costs out of them......no bargaing on the fine with Thai immigration

Having a hard time believing this one...why would Thai Embassy in Laos carry the cost and refund you a portion of a fine for something the passport office in HK did, further why should they pay for travel costs ?....not their problem

Edited by Soutpeel

If you are in Thailand you never send your passport as it is not required for a new passport - only a copy is sent and you retain your current UK passport.

A visa is never transferred into a new passport in Thailand. You use a valid visa by showing it in your old passport. Only extensions of stay are transferred by Immigration and information on the visa/stay allowed by previous passport entry.

trying to be helpful you get slamed....from the British Embassy wesite:- This must be the original passport, not a photocopy (unless specified on the How to apply page for the country you are applying from). As for the Laos question I paid for the replacement visa

No not in the case of Thailand, you only send a copy of your PP data page, you keep hold of your physical passport, this is fact.

So you had to pay for the visa and the Thai embassy refunded a portion of your overstay fine, is that what your saying, or are you saying HK refunded a portion of your overstay fine.?...blink.png

trying to be helpful you get slamed....from the British Embassy wesite:- This must be the original passport, not a photocopy (unless specified on the How to apply page for the country you are applying from). As for the Laos question I paid for the replacement visa

Following the link to your 'How to Apply page' and selecting Thailand and renewal finishes up here http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/how-to-apply/thailand/renewals .

Part of the text reads

'Specific requirements from Thailand

ORIGINAL PASSPORT: Thailand is an exception to the main guidance given on our primary website. It is not advised to be without your original passport in Thailand and we recognise this. You may therefore submit a clear photocopy of your passport (just the page with your personal details and photograph). Please note that the passport being renewed will be electronically cancelled and is therefore not valid for use as a travel document from the moment you submit your application. '

Therefore do not send original passport (As Soutpeel and Lopburi3 have already pointed out)