Average Selling Time For Updated Condo In Good Location

KRS1

I know there will be a lot of answers, but i'll give it a shot anyway. Around how long does it take to sell a condo around 30-60 sq meters that has been updated to western standards and located on a desirable main road....and priced fairly ?

thanx

• Like 1

May take just only one week if the price is reasonable, maintenance is good, not too old building, location is good, facilities, furniture,.... and may take more than one year if not so many people interest in that condo, to live there, to invest,..

The price is different on factors above, such as on Nimmanhemin road, old buiding price between 600k-1.5m. for 32-42 sqm (depend which condo)., for not so old (a few years)building approx. 4.5m. for 77 sqm., on Huay Kaew road 1.5-2m. up for 45 sqm.,

If I know where is the area of the condo, it will be easier to say about the price (approx.).

May take just only one week if the price is reasonable, maintenance is good, not too old building, location is good, facilities, furniture,.... and may take more than one year if not so many people interest in that condo, to live there, to invest,..

The price is different on factors above, such as on Nimmanhemin road, old buiding price between 600k-1.5m. for 32-42 sqm (depend which condo)., for not so old (a few years)building approx. 4.5m. for 77 sqm., on Huay Kaew road 1.5-2m. up for 45 sqm.,

If I know where is the area of the condo, it will be easier to say about the price (approx.).

Not sure what a desirable main road means. Could mean lot's of traffic noise or noisy bars.

When referring to a desirable main road i mean places not located in back sois and not out in the middle of nowhere.

Roads which are main arteries, with shopping for necessities within walking distance and or nightlife are what I am talking about.

huay kaew, niman, chang klan, riverside areas.

How about one near Payap University, old building 70sqm, NO furniture or fittings, empty condo, how much it would go for?

Hmmm, that's not an answer, the three areas you mention all have different profiles hence the selling times will likely vary between all three. For example, I live in the riverside area and there's a waiting list for people to buy here, I've been waiting for almost a year in the building where I live. By contrast, we have friends who live near niman and they've been trying to sell for almost a year without sucess, their condo is priced quite reasonably by my valuation. The correct answer to your question has to ignore location and is surely based on price and condition, if it's sensibly priced and its condition represents good value for money, it will sell quickly regardless of where it is located, if it does not and is not, it wont.

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 1

I would like to say that I am not expert about properties but I like to look and read what is going on in the market, how different of the price in the same condo and other condos, the price that I will tell you is the real price of condos that selling

in the market.

Huay Kaew: The Trio, 46-50 sqm. , price approx. 1.15 m. baht - 1.6 m.baht

Nakhon ping, 40 sqm, price 980,000 - 1

Hill side 4, 45 sqm. 1.5 m - 2.4m.

One Plus, 35 sqm., 1.575 m.

Nimman. : 103 condo, 32 sqm., 900k

Unique, 57 sqm., price 2.9 m.

Punna, 82 sqm. (I have not info. for less than 60 sqm.), price 5.5 m.

Hill side 3, 36 sqm. 1.05 m., 57 sqm. 3.8 m., 85 sqm. 3.2 m. (I think the price of condo 57 sqm.

is higher than 85 sqm., may be different floor, furnitures, view,...)

Hill side 2,...?

Chang Klan : Chang Klan resident 38 sqm. price 750k, 37 sqm. price 950k,

Kalae Thong, 38sqm. price 1.4 m. - ...

River side : 46-49 sqm., 1.4 m. - 1.8 m.

P.S. the price could be much more cheap or expensive than the price above, the owner can ask the price much different than other, depend on their investment, how many profit do they want (may be the owner asked loan from the bank, it mean the selling price will be cover loan + interest + profit + maintenance, commission for agency,... I hope you understand my English, I am half wake up, half sleep.smile.png

• Like 1

Hmmm, that's not an answer, the three areas you mention all have different profiles hence the selling times will likely vary between all three. For example, I live in the riverside area and there's a waiting list for people to buy here, I've been waiting for almost a year in the building where I live. By contrast, we have friends who live near niman and they've been trying to sell for almost a year without sucess, their condo is priced quite reasonably by my valuation. The correct answer to your question has to ignore location and is surely based on price and condition, if it's sensibly priced and its condition represents good value for money, it will sell quickly regardless of where it is located, if it does not and is not, it wont.

i mentioned all that in my first post.

Id never ignore location, to me its the most important aspect. Who wants to live in the ghetto because you got a good deal on it?

Regarding your friends condo, have they remodeled it before selling or is it fitted in basic Thai style amenities, facing directly into the sun, hows the lobby look, management etc...? Just saying your friend has a condo on Niman for sale that cant get sold isn't a very detailed explanation why it hasn't sold.

Refer to first post.

Edited by KRS1

I would like to say that I am not expert about properties but I like to look and read what is going on in the market, how different of the price in the same condo and other condos, the price that I will tell you is the real price of condos that selling

in the market.

Hill side 3, 36 sqm. 1.05 m., 57 sqm. 3.8 m., 85 sqm. 3.2 m. (I think the price of condo 57 sqm.

Hill side 2,...?

P.S. the price could be much more cheap or expensive than the price above, the owner can ask the price much different than other, depend on their investment, how many profit do they want (may be the owner asked loan from the bank, it mean the selling price will be cover loan + interest + profit + maintenance, commission for agency,... I hope you understand my English, I am half wake up, half sleep.smile.png

thank you for taking the time to write all that info. wai.gif

Hmmm,how long is a piece of string?

people with experience will have answers.

People who dont will give smartass remarks.

In my experience, people with experience will also give 'smartass remarks' when one leaves oneself wide open.

Going by your op, I'd say quite quickly, what with the continual influx of folk up here (esp. Bangkokians) if you have it advertised in the right places.

i mentioned all that in my first post.

Id never ignore location, to me its the most important aspect. Who wants to live in the ghetto because you got a good deal on it?

Regarding your friends condo, have they remodeled it before selling or is it fitted in basic Thai style amenities, facing directly into the sun, hows the lobby look, management etc...? Just saying your friend has a condo on Niman for sale that cant get sold isn't a very detailed explanation why it hasn't sold.

Refer to first post.

Investors don't mind living in ghetto's provding they get a good deal going in and have bought intending to make a profit, are you an investor to whom making that profit is all important and location is secondary or are you a regular joe who is just trying to sell their home in order to move elsewhere, your all informative first post doesn't mention that and I think that's an important aspect because price determines the speed of the sale. But irrelevent anyway since there are hardly any ghetto's per se in Chiang Mai!

The bottom line on this, as you know, is that if you drop the asking price low enough you'll sell quickly.

• Like 1

Most foreigners wildly overprice second-hand property.

They paid 30-50% more than the local price, they they expect the condo to have appreciated in price, when it usually depreciates.

Why did it depreciate? ..... less foreigners around, condos being built as fast as they can throw them up, Baht high against other currencies ......

Many condos in CM NEVER sell.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

They paid 30-50% more than the local price, they they expect the condo to have appreciated in price, when it usually depreciates.

Why did it depreciate? ..... less foreigners around, condos being built as fast as they can throw them up, Baht high against other currencies ......

I have also suspected this. When a farang buys a condo and claims its depreciating, its actually just going back to market value. I see numerous places aimed at making on average about 300k baht profit from over valuation during the selling process.

Just today i saw a 40sq meter condo selling for 7 million baht...guy has got to be dreaming.

Edited by KRS1

I have also suspected this. When a farang buys a condo and claims its depreciating, its actually just going back to market value. I see numerous places aimed at making on average about 300k baht profit from over valuation during the selling process.

Just today i saw a 40sq meter condo selling for 7 million baht...guy has got to be dreaming.

You can actually buy a refurbished condo (whole building refurbished) just outside CM for 160k (corner unit 190k).

On the 118 just after the 121 traffic lights, brightly coloured tower on the right.

Pal of mine bought two last month, so he could have a two bed place for 350k.

You can actually buy a refurbished condo (whole building refurbished) just outside CM for 160k (corner unit 190k).

On the 118 just after the 121 traffic lights, brightly coloured tower on the right.

Those kind of places are really tempting, but I must resist. I prefer to live in the city within walking distance to food, groceries and places to cure boredom.

You have a bigger chance to sale your condo if you work with multi agencies, to find a buyer you need to get the right guy to find your condo, all must fit to come to a sale.

PM me if you like to add your condo to our agency

in the market.

Hill side 2,...?

thank you for taking the time to write all that info. wai.gif

While the info he has given you is fairy accurate it does not address my origanal questin is it noisey? Or any of your questions

from one of your above possts

"Regarding your friends condo, have they remodeled it before selling or is it fitted in basic Thai style amenities, facing directly into the sun, hows the lobby look, management etc...? Just saying your friend has a condo on Niman for sale that cant get sold isn't a very detailed explanation why it hasn't sold."

• Like 1

What size were they? I am not familiar with the area. Is it a hard to get to area or get away from area if you don't have your own transportation. How close to all the amenities. short walk long walk.

Why not put it up for sale,then you will know how long it took

to sell it,then come back here and tell us ,then we will all know

and be a little wiser.

No one mentions luck, that plays a big part in getting it sold as

well,if your lucky you could sell it a few days, if you are unlucky

could take months.

regards Worgeordie

What size were they? I am not familiar with the area. Is it a hard to get to area or get away from area if you don't have your own transportation. How close to all the amenities. short walk long walk.

10k from the moat on the way to Doi Saket/Chiang Rai ........... size 45-50m2

Edited by TommoPhysicist