• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 36

60 Minutes blasted after replacing harris word salad…

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 45

Reasons of change

5. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

6. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 45

Reasons of change

9. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

10. 45

Reasons of change

11. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

12. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

13. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

New, Good Value Restaurant On Soi Chaiyaboom

Jimmyd

It's called Peacefulness and the food is the same as the defunct Lincoln restaurant near The Village--the cook seems to be the same person. Prices similar to Seaside II, but to me the food is a cut above.

If you live in this area, it's excellent value for food cooked by someone who obviously tastes their food (and knows what it should taste like).

It's a few tens of meters east of Seaside II.

post-10689-0-86595800-1347095418_thumb.j

post-10689-0-53101400-1347095294_thumb.j

Edited by Jimmyd

Have you cleared this restaurant review with Jingthing? ermm.gif

I reckon it's OK. It's not my style of food. I passed by the Lincoln many times and looked at the menu and wasn't tempted. I do like German food but more sophisticated than that. Not into schnitzel. I used to like Bei Gerhard in Naklua very much for their Schwabian specialties but in the last few years I noticed a change in quality and stopped going. I could be wrong and would like other comments about Bei Gerhard. Also other recommends for QUALITY German in the region.

Are you Jingthings sidekick? When you post he in on it in minutes???

I enjoyed the old Lincoln Restaurant on second road and will try this new one. Even the sign is very similar.

Yes, looks like the same menu.

I had the pork chop yesterday--it was very nice. I got it to go as the atmosphere to eat there is the definition of basic. It was well containerized. The pork chop had caramelized onions covering it and there was a very large amount of very nice gravy--I'm pretty sure I could taste wine in it. It came with French Fries and mayonnaise and a weird salad that I can best describe as pickled fresh salad--I actually like it now but found it strange and thought it a mistake when I first had it at the old Lincoln. A very filling portion and I was well satisfied with it.

I hope this place gets a client base--it's a great addition to our neighborhood. I still remember how disappointed I was when the Lincoln closed.

I reckon it's OK. It's not my style of food. I passed by the Lincoln many times and looked at the menu and wasn't tempted. I do like German food but more sophisticated than that. Not into schnitzel. I used to like Bei Gerhard in Naklua very much for their Schwabian specialties but in the last few years I noticed a change in quality and stopped going. I could be wrong and would like other comments about Bei Gerhard. Also other recommends for QUALITY German in the region.

In case you haven't yet..the Klein Heidelberg in Nakluea Soi 18 is a must. Best pork knuckle outside of Munich and the "Schwenk Braten" (or was it Zwiebelbraten??) is fantastic, too.

• Like 1

In case you haven't yet..the Klein Heidelberg in Nakluea Soi 18 is a must. Best pork knuckle outside of Munich and the "Schwenk Braten" (or was it Zwiebelbraten??) is fantastic, too.

Thanks, looks like fun. I somehow have missed this place but now it's on my list. I guess I was just a Bei Gerhard loyalist so stopped going to Naklua at all for German food. I will try it:

I thought I'd give Peacefulness restaurant a try....

I usually cook breakfast at home and go to SeaSide ll, maybe once a week.

At 9:30am today (Wed), Peacefulness was closed, so again it was breakfast at SeaSide (with their free copy of the morning BKK Post).

As I left Seaside...I noted Peacefulness was starting to open...the gal said they open at 11am.

Too late for me, for breakfast. Maybe I'll try them for dinner sometime.

I've eaten the food about six or seven times now, and it's as I said--a good value for food that's a cut above the other budget places in the area. My favorites are the pork chop with a very nice gravy and french fries, and the jaeger schnitzel, similar gravy with a breaded cutlet and noodles. I've had the fish and chips too, just ok, breaded fish with standard frozen fries. I prefer the noodles to the fries as they go good with the gravy.

I always get stuff to go as the atmosphere there is not really my cup of tea. I got their phone number and phone ahead 15 minutes and it's waiting for me.

Right now it's my favorite restaurant in the area. Hope it survives. :D