What Is Wrong With Those Idiots ?

rubberduck

ps, I am not sure they are drugged, if a tiger is feed it doesn't want to eat, if it is treated with firm love, a tiger like most wild animals will become tame enough to train.

Ps, a tiger in the wild doesn't eat everyday, it takes long breaks after eating to digest foods, it has short burst of high energy and then many hours of rest and sleep after that.

They are not constantly as energetic as you think.

People assume all sort of things, but these, from my knowledge, do not looked drugged at all, they look a bit lazy, full bellies, heat and if they weren't playing they would be laying around.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What knowledge is that 'mango?

I am not making comment on the Tigers as yet, until I have further info, but Kan, this is your back yard what have you heard or witnessed? it's your town and a man I respect, so I would like if possible your thoughts.

wilko used to be an activist in regard to this sanctuary

As for signing a disclosure, doesn't mean a thing in most places and for anybody being made a tasty meal, isn't worth the paper it has been written on.

• Like 1

I think all wild animals in a cage would envy the laid back atmosphere of people playing around with them.

i'm often amazed at the naivety of some people.. but the view of this person takes the biscuit!

ok dude, i'll wait outside the cage while you entertain yourself with a king cobra or a black bear... 'unpredictability' is concept that evades you?

a tiger (drugged or not) 'playfully' swiping you across the throat with its paw may be fun for the nice cat, but could be problematic for your health.

better you stay outside the cage... smile.png

I can’t watch this video, too upsetting.

The solution is, avoid and do not contribute anything to these institutions of animal cruelty and suffering, and put them out of business.

Those that visit and pay entrance fees are as bad as the criminal elements who run them, because they are fuelling the suffering of these animal for profits for the gratification of stupid tourists and the ignorant.

Pure and simple, Tigers belong in they’re natural environments and these places serve of no benefits to the animals whatsoever.

• Like 1

Pure and simple, Tigers belong in they’re natural environments

i agree, but in Thailand this translates to only a handful of locations.

the fact is there aren't really any true wild tigers left in Thailand. The ones that do exist are closely monitored, managed & protected primarily in a very few of the countries national parks, which lets face it are basically just large open zoo's surrounded by urbanisation. Exception to this may be the vast western forest complex that straddles the border with Burma, tigers are found here but the populations are unsure & what happens to them over the border in myanmar is mostly unknown.

I thought this was outrage about how the tigers are being treated, not the danger it poses to the ones in their. Now I understand.

I don't know to many drugs that would allow those animals to move some perfectly, so that kind of throws the drugging out the window wink.png

or at least put's it down to assumptions.

I thought this was outrage about how the tigers are being treated, not the danger it poses to the ones in their. Now I understand.

I don't know to many drugs that would allow those animals to move some perfectly, so that kind of throws the drugging out the window wink.png

or at least put's it down to assumptions.

you don't seem to be following the thread. Also your assumptions about drugging animals seem pretty much without any basis.

• Like 1

Pure and simple, Tigers belong in they’re natural environments

i agree, but in Thailand this translates to only a handful of locations.

the fact is there aren't really any true wild tigers left in Thailand. The ones that do exist are closely monitored, managed & protected primarily in a very few of the countries national parks, which lets face it are basically just large open zoo's surrounded by urbanisation. Exception to this may be the vast western forest complex that straddles the border with Burma, tigers are found here but the populations are unsure & what happens to them over the border in myanmar is mostly unknown.

again you seem to be missing the point about "wild" and how tigers fit in to a much larger ecosystem. Without them the ecosystem is not functioning and that has ramifications for us humans.

in fact if you read up on the tigers in the wild you'll find that their numbers and whereabouts are not fully known - they are not "managed" as you seem to imply but monitored. in fact a previously unknown p[opulation of tigers was recently found somewhere in Eastern Thailand.

Edited by cowslip

Or maybe they are tamed. I am a huge animal lover, but here the tigers look like they are having fun.

Some non budhusts there too.

"Or maybe they are tamed." what does that mean?

That they have illegally bred 99 tigers is OK if they are "tamed".

When I see the upset this has caused, maybe we should just get rid of tigers altogether. They do no-one any good, the medicinal benefits are unproved, and they are on the way out as their habitat is cleared, so why let them linger?

SC

ps, I am not sure they are drugged, if a tiger is feed it doesn't want to eat, if it is treated with firm love, a tiger like most wild animals will become tame enough to train.

Ps, a tiger in the wild doesn't eat everyday, it takes long breaks after eating to digest foods, it has short burst of high energy and then many hours of rest and sleep after that.

They are not constantly as energetic as you think.

People assume all sort of things, but these, from my knowledge, do not looked drugged at all, they look a bit lazy, full bellies, heat and if they weren't playing they would be laying around.

"ps, I am not sure they are drugged, if a tiger is feed it doesn't want to eat, if it is treated with firm love, a tiger like most wild animals will become tame enough to train."

"Train" - to do what?​ You do realise they are not "Lions in pyjamas"? Just where are you getting your extraordinary ideas about Tigers from?

When Tigers kill they are opportunistic and hunt alone by stealth - fresh meat is an essentially part of their diet, at the temple they are fed COOKED food which lacks nutrients that are important part of a Tiger's diet.

if a iger in the wild has a large kill it may well be immobilised by the amount it has eaten.....but trying to draw comparisons between a wild tiger's habits and one in captivity is a highly dodgy thing to do.

I also suspect you are attributing human style emotions to these animals, again a rather unproductive line of approach.

they are fed COOKED food which lacks nutrients that are important part of a Tiger's diet.

Nonsense. Utter nonsense, rather like your above post which looks as though you wrote it under the influence.

The meat is probably cooked as a precaution as the tigers may lack certain antibodies to bacteria found in raw meats.

I see you're still dodging the question put to you by Boon Toong referring to the WSPA/CWI "report".

Instead you're just trying to pick at anything you can from anyone else's posts here but lets not allow facts to cloud your flawed agenda hey?.

Just where are you getting your extraordinary ideas about Tigers from?

One could ask the very same of you...

Edited by HeavyDrinker

Pure and simple, Tigers belong in they’re natural environments and these places serve of no benefits to the animals whatsoever.

Just curious...do you and all of these so-called "animal lovers" believe that Zoos and all other animal parks around the world should be shut down? Because I tend to believe these places serve a useful purpose, to enable ordinary people to see (and appreciate) something they may never otherwise see. By and large, I believe that the custodians of these places treat the animals quite well. They are typically animal lovers themselves.

Just curious...do you and all of these so-called "animal lovers" believe that Zoos and all other animal parks around the world should be shut down? Because I tend to believe these places serve a useful purpose, to enable ordinary people to see (and appreciate) something they may never otherwise see. By and large, I believe that the custodians of these places treat the animals quite well. They are typically animal lovers themselves.

Yes, I believe all zoos should be shut down. Animal parks? Depends on the park. As long as the animals have space to live something close to a 'normal life', then I have little problem as, as you say, they are enabling people to appreciate them and, hopefully, care about the wild animals.

Those animal parks that drug the animals in order to provide 'entertainment' are almost as bad as zoos. And yes, I do believe this Temple drug the tigers that are allowed out to entertain the tourists.

All in all, pretty wide of the mark.

Firstly "animal lover" doesn't really enter the equation - the issue is to do with conservation and environmental issues....why do people use, or rather mis-use, expressions like "animal lover" and "tree-hugger" as if to place these people and issues outside the remit of serious consideration? They are stereotypical expressions used to marginalise what is in reality a serious and scientific concern for the state of the planet, and really only act as an indicator of the degree of ignorance of those who use this sort of terminology in these circumstances.

.but the main problem I see here is the following comment....

"I tend to believe these places serve a useful purpose, to enable ordinary people to see (and appreciate) something they may never otherwise see."

THe whole point of the temple is that it DOESN"T serve a useful purpose as the image and information they portray is misleading the public - it's doing the exact opposite of what the above poster is assuming it does. It is actually HARMFUL to conservation on various levels including public awareness.

As for "seeing" tigers - well do we actually have some kind of right to see them? They function as part of an eco-system that is best left alone by humans as much as possible and in the face of this, the temple tries to (apparently successfully with the poster above) give the impression that they are helping when nothing could be further from the truth.

If you HAVE to keep tigers in captivity there should IMO by a damned good reason - and that is something the temple does not have.

PS - If you read up on the criticisms of this place you'll be hard pushed to find anyone who suggests that they should simply be "shut down" as this is not a practical option. What as been suggested is damage limitation and expert advice - all of which has been turned down by the temple.

In fact the Temple has already been "closed" by authorities a few years ago and is technically owned by the courts or some such other authority, unfortunately when this happened they realised afterwards that they couldn't actually move or take care of the animals so they left the monks in charge (This is Thailand!).

As for "custodians" - "profiteers' would be a better word - the monks are completely untrained and have no previous experience - it is also a misconception to think that the volunteers are "experts" either, most are amateurs who know little or nothing about tigers so believe everything they are told by the monks. Last Time I checked there was only one vet connected with the place and he too had no previous experience of big cats.

Edited by cowslip

If some of the monks have for been working for years with tigers, they are very highly qualified. These cats like to see the same faces day after day.

Also Tigers will be gone from the wild sooner or later. I know that these tigers are consider "mutts" by some because they are mixed breeds.. but the fact remains, as long as there is tigers in captivity like this there is a nice stock to release in the wild one day, it is better than them ending up like the do do bird.

It is nice to have ideals, like we should have wild tigers, we shouldn't touch them. I agree. But you are naive if you don't think that their habitat is pretty much gone, that wild tiger will ALWAYS be hunted until the last one is gone because people sell their parts for small fortunes.

I am not going to chime in on the good or bad, I am only talking about humans and, like many other living things, their traits as far as we can remember are to dominate, alter and consume everything around them. not much different than most living things, only with larger brains.

So it is nice to dream and I wouldn't mind living in your perfect world, maybe, but I have long outgrown idealistic expectations myself, they seem worthless.

Edited by driedmango

ps, you might find so called experts are most time overeducated, lazy, and pre·ten·tious

THat I have to say is a comment that is without any substance and has no bearing on the issues here.

Are you trying to imply that those who work at the temple are better than experts? - In what way? Are you discounting a couple of centuries of accumulated knowledge of animal husbandry and conservation?

Edited by cowslip

If some of the monks have for been working for years with tigers, they are very highly qualified. These cats like to see the same faces day after day.

Also Tigers will be gone from the wild sooner or later. I know that these tigers are consider "mutts" by some because they are mixed breeds.. but the fact remains, as long as there is tigers in captivity like this there is a nice stock to release in the wild one day, it is better than them ending up like the do do bird.

It is nice to have ideals, like we should have wild tigers, we shouldn't touch them. I agree. But you are naive if you don't think that their habitat is pretty much gone, that wild tiger will ALWAYS be hunted until the last one is gone because people sell their parts for small fortunes.

I am not going to chime in on the good or bad, I am only talking about humans and, like many other living things, their traits as far as we can remember are to dominate, alter and consume everything around them. not much different than most living things, only with larger brains.

So it is nice to dream and I wouldn't mind living in your perfect world, maybe, but I have long outgrown idealistic expectations myself, they seem worthless.

you don't seem to understand the various issues surrounding Tigers, which for a start don't affect the tigers alone - they are part of an interconnected eco-system

I'm sorry but you'll find that people have been looking after Tigers for a life-time still can be totally wrong in their approach if they are unaware of or refuse to study the available information....time does not necessarily make you an expert....in act it tends to ingrain malpractice.

"These cats like to see the same faces day after day." - I don't see what point you intend to make with this comment, which of course in patently inaccurate.

Beter than the Dodo? Unfortunately as the breeding program is unmonitored the inbreeding or even the genetic make-up of these animals is unknown - soi the species of Tiger that inhabits S.E. Asia - (Corbetts) may still become extinct as these ones are not the same and if they ever cross bred they could bring about the disappearance of the species even faster.

It is WILDLY inaccurate to suggest that the Tiger habitat is one - it IS under threat - but a recent report by US researchers pointed out that in Thailand alone there is potential space for 2000 tigers (the current wild pop is about 150 to 300. however as Tigers don't concern themselves with passports one has to view their habitat on an international basis and there is in fact an area where Tigers could live and breed that stretches beyond Thailand as far as India and includes several ASEAN countries.

Tigers will always be hunted? You really again are making a totally unsubstantiated assumption - also here you seem to ignore asking WHY they are hunted, and I hope you aren't implying that this is the only cause of the Tigers' problems.

THe market for Tiger parts in Chinese Medicine is large and based on fallacy, so at some point this may well through education be shown to be pointless and it is quite possible that the trade will diminish. It also requires government intervention. THe Thai government is pretty ineffective at present, even Myanmar are doing more to save Tiger populations than Thailand.

There are multiple reasons for the Tigers present plight. Encroachment, loss of habitat, hunting not just of Tigers but the hunting of their prey, now accomplished over-efficiently with modern hunting and trapping methods.

But it is the lack of governmentthey are the apex predator of a large and complex eco-system - which we as humans need to function properly - and as the apex predator they are a good indicator of how these systems are working.

"I am not going to chime in on the good or bad, I am only talking about humans and, like many other living things, their traits as far as we can remember are to dominate, alter and consume everything around them. not much different than most living things, only with larger brains."

I'm sorry but this kind of primary school philosophising is really just indicative of the huge gap that has to be bridged between how people think about our relationship with nature (past and present) and reality.

• Like 1

If you need a list of experts here are some organisations that have signed a letter voicing serious concerns about the Tiger Temple....

The Following Members of the International Tiger Coalition

American
College
of
Traditional
Chinese
Medicine

AMUR

Animal
Welfare
Institute

Animals
Asia
Foundation

Association
of
Zoos
&
Aquariums

Big
Cat
Rescue

Born
Free
Foundation

Born
Free
USA

British
and
Irish
Association
of
Zoos
&
Aquariums

Care
for
the
Wild
International

Conservation
International

Council
of
Colleges
of
Acupuncture
and
Oriental
Medicine

David
Shepherd
Wildlife
Foundation

Education
for
Nature
−
Vietnam

Environmental
Investigation
Agency

Global
Tiger
Patrol

Humane
Society
International

Humane
Society
of
the
United
States

International
Fund
for
Animal
Welfare

International
Trust
for
Nature
Conservation

PeunPa

Phoenix
Fund

Save
The
Tiger
Fund

Species
Survival
Network

The
Fund
For
The
Tiger

Tigris
Foundation

Tour
Operators
for
Tigers

TRAFFIC

21st
Century
Tiger

WildAid

Wildlife
Alliance

Wildlife
Conservation
Nepal

Wildlife
Trust
of
India

Wildlife
Watch
Group

World
Association
of
Zoos
&
Aquariums

World
Society
for
the
Protection
of
Animals

World
Wildlife
Fund

Zoological
Society
of
London

3 words: Siegfried and Roy...and I bet those "cats" where better taken care off than these ignorant monks ever can.

Here is a fact, that every dog-owner will tell you: there will for sure come a time, when a dog will test its boundaries with the alpha- male and try to secure their position in the pack (eg. master/family).

Now that is a dog...imagine that "dog" to be one ton of muscles, fangs and teeth and tell me, you can put that animal in its place by only the peaceful teachings of Buddha!

Dreamers!

Rubberduck seems to have missed a couple of factors

the video isnt viral and has been rolled out before. the teasing is a good way to exercise the cats and was recommended to the temple by a group of conservationists. obviously the OP being more of an expert than me he should have considered how a drugged cat is supposed to jump around excitedly?

the activities at the temple have nothing to do with Buddhism and the reason this video was published the first time was because of the risk being allowed to members of the public who are also in the pool - it had NOTHING to do with the health of the cats or the means of working their thoracic vertebrae. anyone who seriously wants to know why this is necessary reply and I'll explain further but this thread looks like a rant for the ignorant.

I almost agree with cowslip except that his 'facts' are wrong. The temple is not a ward of court and cannot be because it is temple ground. There was an attempt to make the cats a ward of court and this was turned down.

"Are you trying to imply that those who work at the temple are better than experts? - In what way? Are you discounting a couple of centuries of accumulated knowledge of animal husbandry and conservation?" - rubbish, Tiger conservation is less than fifty years old and is made up of researchers of which you are not one.

"If you need a list of experts here are some organisations that have signed a letter voicing serious concerns about the Tiger Temple" - no they didn't. The CWI sent that letter in the name of the other organisations that subscribe to a group. When I pointed this out several of them complained to the CWI for misuse of their patronage. The CWI is a laughing stock organisation that claims research funds from the government and uses those funds to support Edwin Weik and on two ocassions his legal costs. When I tried to talk to them it was apparent they knew nothing about tigers - so who is the expert?

DocN - 'imagine that "dog" to be one ton of muscles, fangs and teeth and tell me, you can put that animal in its place by only the peaceful teachings of Buddha'

Have to say I agree with that Doc and has always been a concern to me and others who have tried to point the temple in the right direction instead of writing nonsense on forums threads

• Like 1

Firstly "animal lover" doesn't really enter the equation - the issue is to do with conservation and environmental issues....why do people use, or rather mis-use, expressions like "animal lover" and "tree-hugger" as if to place these people and issues outside the remit of serious consideration? They are stereotypical expressions used to marginalise what is in reality a serious and scientific concern for the state of the planet, and really only act as an indicator of the degree of ignorance of those who use this sort of terminology in these circumstances.

Poppycock.

The only terminology which matters here is "agenda".

Nothing marginalises serious issues such as the environment more than endless self promoting groups, claiming their own "expertise" and bickering among themselves while the real issues never get addressed.

3 words: Siegfried and Roy...and I bet those "cats" where better taken care off than these ignorant monks ever can.

You obviously never saw the video of the beating an Orang Utan took at the hands of a "trainer" prior to one Las Vegas show.

So I'll show it to you. They make me puke. I'd like to administer a beating of my own.

These animals did not ask to be treated as playthings for retarded humans.

The Katchanaburi Tiger Temple was just on the BBC World News.

The reporter talked about the allegations of drugging and cruelty and the following points were made:

• He could see no evidence of cruelty.
  • There are several foreign workers there; in this digital age any one of them could disclose anything untoward on the internet. And so far, there has been nothing.
  • He could not see any evidence of drugging

Matches my own (direct) observations.

"There are several foreign workers there; in this digital age any one of them could disclose anything untoward on the internet. And so far, there has been nothing."

I think a little more research is called for here!

I'm also very suspicious of any person "lay" or otherwise who considers that one or two visits to this place are anywhere near enough to make a valid judgement on it.

Who (or who claims to have) made a "valid judgement on it"?

I think you need to read up on the temple a bit. - start with your own posts.

I didn't say I was making a valid judgement. I said they were my observations and opinions based on what I saw. I am glad of the various posts because they have allowed me to learn a bit more about what is going on at the temple.

Survival of the fittest.

THis expression is used by many and usually inaccurately.

Do you know what was actually meant when it was first used by Herbert Spencer with reference to Darwin's "origin of Species"

Sadly nowadays it is usually misused.

Perhaps WB, you'd like to elucidate?

Here's the letter ......

October 2, 2008

Mr Chalermsak Wanichsombat

Director General National Park, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department

61 Phaholyothin Road Ladyao,

Chatuchak

Bangkok 10900

Thailand

Email: [email protected]

Fax: +66 2 561 4836

Dear Director General Wanichsombat,

The International Tiger Coalition is an alliance of 39 organisations and represents some of the world’s foremost tiger scientists, conservation groups, animal welfare advocates, Traditional Chinese Medicine specialists and zoos. We are united by a deep commitment to wild tigers and their habitats. On behalf of millions of members and constituents, the groups named below express to you their concern about the captive breeding and trans- border movements of tigers by the Tiger Temple in Kanchanaburi, and about the facility’s claims to support tiger conservation.

The world’s wild tigers struggle for survival. There are possibly fewer than 3,500 tigers left on our planet – scattered across 14 range states in increasingly isolated enclaves. Numbers are believed to be declining even faster than anticipated, and tigers now occupy a mere 7% of their historical range.

International tiger trade has contributed a great deal to the demise of wild tigers and is prohibited under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES). It is also banned domestically in many countries, including Thailand. Range states play a particularly important role in saving the world’s remaining tigers by bringing an end to activities that undermine the species’ survival in the wild. All governments throughout the species’ range must therefore demonstrate a sincere resolve and lasting commitment to its protection. Thailand’s recent establishment of a National Wildlife Law Network Committee, a Programme Co-ordination Unit of ASEAN Wildlife Enforcement Networks and a new Wildlife Task Force to help fight illegal wildlife trade will no doubt greatly support these goals. The unchallenged import and export of at least 12 tigers to and from the Tiger Temple across the border with Laos, without the necessary permits, is therefore of great concern to us.

Our second concern relates to tiger breeding at the Temple facility, which has no credible connection with accredited conservation breeding programmes that are deemed to support the survival of wild tigers. You may be aware that in 2007, CITES adopted Decision 14.69 which states that “Parties with intensive operations breeding tigers on a commercial scale shall implement measures to restrict the captive population to a level supportive only to conserving wild tigers; tigers should not be bred for trade in their parts and derivatives”. It should first be noted that circumstances in which the release of captive-bred tigers to the wild can make a contribution to the conservation of wild tigers are virtually non-existent. They must also include the elimination of all causes of population decline and the absence of an existing wild population that is able to increase naturally. These circumstances do not exist in Thailand (or any other tiger range state), and even if they did, reintroduction of captive bred tigers would be extremely difficult, prohibitively expensive and time-consuming.In addition, the Temple’s tigers would be unsuitable for such a release for a range of reasons. Firstly, breeding at the Tiger Temple has been random and has likely resulted in subspecies hybrids between parent animals of unknown pedigree, as well as in damaging levels of inbreeding. Secondly, there is the added complication that with tigers as used to human proximity as these are, release would be dangerous and potentially fatal for the tigers, for livestock and quite possibly for humans.

It is generally accepted that the number of tigers in captivity already greatly exceeds the number of tigers left in the wild. However, the conservation contribution of the vast majority of this captive population is negligible. The World Association of Zoos and Aquaria (WAZA) undertakes to maximise the contribution of captive breeding to the conservation of wild tigers. Of the tens of thousands of captive tigers, WAZA identifies only around 1,000 suitable individuals. We do not need more captive tigers, but more tigers in the wild.

Tigers can be saved most effectively by protecting the habitat and prey of existing wild populations, through uncompromising law enforcement, as well as by eradicating demand. The future of tigers is precarious and there is no margin left for error. Tigers will not survive another decade of losses like the last. With so few of these animals left, we must all act decisively and boldly to eliminate all threats to wild tigers. This includes bringing an end of all tiger trade to prevent any further losses to wild populations, and ultimately to bring tigers back.

We welcome your plans to commission genetic testing of the tigers held at the Temple to determine their sub- species and pedigree. However, we note that whatever the results of these tests may be, breeding of tigers ex situ makes no contribution whatsoever to wild tiger conservation unless the animals are included in a multi- institutional conservation breeding programme carefully designed and managed so as to generate conservation benefits. The Temple does not have the facilities, the skills, the relationships with accredited zoos, or even the desire to manage its tigers in an appropriate fashion. Instead, it is motivated both in display of the tigers to tourists and in its illegal trading of tigers purely by profit. We appeal to you most strongly to remove all tigers from the Tiger Temple and transfer them to a more suitable and safe sanctuary facility, where the animals can be accommodated and cared for appropriately and that will not allow for additional breeding. Care for the Wild International has identified a suitable facility in Thailand and is offering its full support for this operation. We also urge the DNP to conduct a full independent investigation into the illegal breeding and exchange of tigers.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and for all your government has already done to safeguard the future of wild tigers.

With sincere regards,

The Following Members of the International Tiger Coalition:

American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine * AMUR * Animal Welfare Institute * Animals Asia Foundation * Association of Zoos & Aquariums * Big Cat Rescue * Born Free Foundation * Born Free USA * British and Irish Association of Zoos & Aquariums * Care for the Wild International * Conservation International * Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine * David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation * Education for Nature − Vietnam * Environmental Investigation Agency * Global Tiger Patrol * Humane Society International * Humane Society of the United States * International Fund for Animal Welfare * International Trust for Nature Conservation * PeunPa * Phoenix Fund * Save The Tiger Fund * Species Survival Network * The Fund For The Tiger * Tigris Foundation * Tour Operators for Tigers * TRAFFIC * 21st Century Tiger * WildAid * Wildlife Alliance * Wildlife Conservation Nepal * Wildlife Trust of India * Wildlife Watch Group * World Association of Zoos & Aquariums * World Society for the Protection of Animals * World Wildlife Fund * Zoological Society of London