Sweet! Not Your Fathers Cadillac!

WarpSpeed

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you mean Night Rider - and we are talking many years ago if you are....whistling.gif

I was just a kid at the time, but pretty sure it was called Knight Rider wink.png

Your right and the ride, third generation, was crap. sad.png

A more current version and you could have gotten a pair of them for $300,000 USD at a 2008 auction.

kitt.jpg

cheesy.gif Silly comment really, of course it matters and MG's are now assembled in China! Land Rover in India, no more need to be said especially regarding Thai built not falling apart cheesy.gif ... I had one of the last European built Bimmers here when I came over, 318i coupe and it was a much coveted car even by the Thai's when I sold it years after it's manufacture and I bought it years used, everyone who saw it mentioned it and made comment about it's desirability, that speaks volumes to me, .. Funnily enough if that was the case of American makes not being engineered and built well it would seem that instead of GM and other American car companies being the worlds leaders they'd have fallen by the way side decades ago like all of those British manufacturers have giggle.gif .. Yet they keep coming back thumbsup.gif ..

Think you have missed your own point. You said yank rides assembled in Australia or Great Britain will fall apart.

I don't understand your comment rolleyes.gif ,Sorry we are not American but it's really strange, with your hypothesis, that GM, USA, employed Lotus ( UK ) ENGLISH, to sort out performance suspension for their rides. coffee1.gif

Not surprising you missed my point, is that Lotus Malaysia then?? whistling.gif Which rides was that BTW? I think you mean when GM was in partnership with Isuzu and that didn't float for very long.. I guess you didn't read any of the links I posted then? I'll summarize for you, it wasn't Lotus or any other Euro manufacturer that sorted out whatever issues you perceived, they (GM) designed and developed the advanced magnetic shocks on this car and the Vettes that have dominated the Lemans series in recent years and it was then 'acquired' by Ferrari and similar manufacturers for their own performance enhancements..

How much is it then? I quite like it. It has a look of a sheep in wolves clothing, but then turns out to be a axe wielding maniac in wolves clothing.

If anyone fancies buying one, I will be happy to test it for you. :-)

After me!!!! Haven't found costing yet but suffice to say it will be pennies on the dollar compared to anything else that might have any chance of out performing it..

Crap! It seems you'll have to go to the link to see the stills they won't load here even though they do in the preview.

Links repaired. Reminds me of a TV series years ago with a computerized talking car. wink.png Mean looking machine and rather like it.

I think you mean Night Rider - and we are talking many years ago if you are....whistling.gif (agree with you though)

Wasn't that with Hasselhof before he went swimming?

Yes, that's the one. Better memory than me, but obviously I'm showing my age if I remember the series. biggrin.png

Oh! Thought you were just playing in not posting the name, yes it was K.I.T.the Knight Rider a modded up Firebird. Yes Hasselhof...

How much is it then? I quite like it.

The baseline CTS-V starts at $64,515. Have no idea what the Henessey mods cost though, with the top end CTS-V could bring it up touching $100k.

//edit - just went through the Build Your Own and selected all options and comes out to $72,915 but still without the mods. Of course in Thailand ... wink.png

Yeah I expect it will be a bit over 100,000 for a super stand out super car that's more then reasonable...

I think you mean Night Rider - and we are talking many years ago if you are....whistling.gif

I was just a kid at the time, but pretty sure it was called Knight Rider wink.png

Your right and the ride, third generation, was crap. sad.png

A more current version and you could have gotten a pair of them for $300,000 USD at a 2008 auction.

kitt.jpg

Nooooooooooo! Blasphemy!!! That's a Shelby Cobra not to be confused in any way with that nasty Fire chicken they used for K.I.T. bah.gif !! sad.png

Wrong again. Lotus is a UK company based in Norwich that has sorted stuff out for a few manufacturers including GM.

I find it amazing that you spout how great USA rides are, as an American, yet you profess to race VW and own or owned a BMW,

USA rides not good enough ?. And strangely when l was last in the USA they were virtually all driving Honda's. Tell me why ?

I owned a yank ride in UK for 23 years and loved it. thumbsup.gif

Wrong again. Lotus is a UK company based in Norwich that has sorted stuff out for a few manufacturers including GM.

I find it amazing that you spout how great USA rides are, as an American, yet you profess to race VW and own or owned a BMW,

USA rides not good enough ?. And strangely when l was last in the USA they were virtually all driving Honda's. Tell me why ?

Lotus are still based in the UK but of course now owned by a Malaysian company (and have been for a few years now).

Lotus are still based in the UK but of course now owned by a Malaysian company (and have been for a few years now).

Yep, the money side, but the brains, factory are in UK.
  • Like 1

kitt.jpg

Nooooooooooo! Blasphemy!!! That's a Shelby Cobra not to be confused in any way with that nasty Fire chicken they used for K.I.T. bah.gif !! sad.png

The KITT for the 2008 series was indeed a Ford Shelby GT500KR mustang, it also turned into a F150 pickup truck, a panel van, a Crown Victoria, or a 69 Mach 1 depending on the need.

How much is it then? I quite like it. It has a look of a sheep in wolves clothing, but then turns out to be a axe wielding maniac in wolves clothing.

If anyone fancies buying one, I will be happy to test it for you. :-)

Be careful, Warpy says if it was assembled in Aus or UK it will fall apart. laugh.png

Actually to keep the record straight I was responding to someone else who suggested the same if it was assembled in the States..

kitt.jpg

The KITT for the 2008 series was indeed a Ford Shelby GT500KR mustang, it also turned into a F150 pickup truck, a panel van, a Crown Victoria, or a 69 Mach 1 depending on the need.

OH! I stand corrected!! Off shore too long, I had no idea the series had a made a return, in that case it's all good cause it started a new history and reputation.. In some sense I was right though it still shouldn't be compared with that nasty Fire chicken of old..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Personal preference, I can't afford to own or race the American cars that appeal to me and frankly in the states I think are quite overpriced for their packages speaking towards the smaller cars but I'm now speaking from past experience recently I've had some change of heart about that since they seemed to have learned some valuable lessons due to the companies arrogance and lost reputations.

But still you must ask yourself how do American companies that supposedly build such rubbish keep on top of new car sales world wide if they're such rubbish all else is conjecture..

BTW VW? I race anything on 4 wheels and have raced many brands I get the chance to race, I never limit myself but JFYI VW's are made in America these days and I grew up with them and their reliability from the Bug my mom used to float us to school in when it rained so hard the road flooded and no one else could traverse it to the Van we named Polky Volky and built into a conversion van, camped in & traveled the states in.. So naturally they're my specialty.. Strangely though it wasn't until I began racing that I gravitated back to VW before that I had a few rubbish American cars but that was a different era in the late 70's and early 80's of the fuel crisis and technology transition.. I won 2 championships in a Dodge though and their new Darts are high on my list of future competition cars unless I win the lottery and then I'll seriously consider the CTSV, The Corvette and the Viper, maybe a Camaro a Mustang and a Charger just for fun, lots of different series to play in....

In fact the championships I won in the Dodge Daytona Turbo Z was agaisnt my primary competition of a Lotus tuned suspensioned Isuzu Impulse..

I've competed in many makes of cars and all drive configurations.. BTW Aren't you supposed to be the big GM V8 fan?? It seems your just in for a piss take & troll here..

I think you're confusing GM with Proton for some reason? They have Lotus inspired suspension whistling.gif ...Otherwise you'll have to come up with more specific claims then just "many suspension issues for GM"...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Hmmmm, The most famous for gear heads, AC/Shelby Cobra, Ford GT 40. I wonder who designed and put the body and chassis together ?????

Noooooooooooooooooooooo, could not be in England surely. ermm.gif , Was it ?

Christ T/A this is a modern thread not dating back to WWII!! That's old history you old Brit's just hang onto past accomplishments like your latest mia noi.. Edited by WarpSpeed

How much is it then? I quite like it.

The baseline CTS-V starts at $64,515. Have no idea what the Henessey mods cost though, with the top end CTS-V could bring it up touching $100k.

//edit - just went through the Build Your Own and selected all options and comes out to $72,915 but still without the mods. Of course in Thailand ... wink.png

thanks for pointing out the website, cars are reasonably priced in the US. I love the look of the CTS but actually all of the Cadillac coupes, sedans and crossovers look good to me. Like you mention, any US car would be incredible expensive in Thailand.

Vauxhall in the UK have/had some of their cars suspension developed by Lotus Engineering consultancy, they use it in their advertising. I assume that's the GM connection.

It would have been easier for TA to say Ford have/had Brit Jackie Stewart as a suspension consultant. wink.png

Ah, he did consult for Ford back when.

Vauxhall in the UK have/had some of their cars suspension developed by Lotus Engineering consultancy, they use it in their advertising. I assume that's the GM connection.

It would have been easier for TA to say Ford have/had Brit Jackie Stewart as a suspension consultant. wink.png

Yes ok that would explain a lot but that's British division consulting British technicians but a stretch to say that 'GM' proper consulting with Lotus or Ford with Jackie, it's local advice which is encouraged by corporate to assimilate information, but it's not as suggested across the board to prop up GM's lack of technology or their engineering as IF they couldn't do it without Lotus or Jackie..

BTW Like so many others of his ilk you only claim Jackie as a Brit because of his accomplishments tongue.pngwink.png if he was an average driver he'd just be another Scottish whateva you calling them these days but he isn't so he's British don't ya know!! guitar.gifgoof.gif ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Ah, he did consult for Ford back when.

According to this link he signed a 3 year contract in 2002. Further than that I don't know.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Jackie_Stewart.aspx

Yes ok that would explain a lot but that's British division consulting British technicians but a stretch to say that 'GM' proper consulting with Lotus or Ford with Jackie, it's local advice which is encouraged by corporate to assimilate information, but it's not as suggested across the board to prop up GM's lack of technology or their engineering as IF they couldn't do it without Lotus or Jackie..

American cars can go round corners now. wink.png

American cars can go round corners now. wink.png

They always could, we've been known for running in circles whistling.gif .. It's been a ruse along the lines of sandbagging, keeps your competition off guard thumbsup.gif . BUT like the Ferrari of old who thought that aero was unnecessary as long as you had hp, the concentration wasn't on turning but mostly on straight line speed in drag racing and only turning left in circle track racing, they have been more popular forms of racing stateside in the past only more recently that craze has been changing.. Edited by WarpSpeed

American muscle cars, my KITT car - this is the very 1st car I owned when I got out of the military. smile.png Looked exactly like this one. Mercury Cyclone Spoiler - 429 Cobra Jet engine 370 HP, 4 speed Hurst power shifter, anti-slip differential . The fastest I drove it that was 'comfortable' was 180 mph (288kph) on an US Interstate. Can't imagine what it must be like behind the wheel of the car in the OP. It could go around corners, no problem. biggrin.png

c12_0511_12z_1970_mercury_cyclone_spoiler_gt_hood.jpgc12_0511_10l_1970_mercury_cyclone_spoiler_gt_front_passenger_side.jpg

1970-Spoiler-decal.jpgc12_0511_16z_1970_mercury_cyclone_spoiler_gt_tail_light_wing.jpg

http://flaviendachet...ne-spoiler.html

• Like 1