Sweet! Not Your Fathers Cadillac!

WarpSpeed

For all you motor junkies wishing you had something besides vanilla cars, pick ups and PJ's offered here, here's something else to make you drool! This is SWEEEEEEET!!! 1200Hp Bugatti killer!! 1066 at the rear wheels. BTW I know this tuner veeery well, they have raced and won with Cadillacs in the SCCA World Challenge GT series.. Makes me think about the possibilities..

http://autos.yahoo.c...-190832135.html

HennesseyCTSVR03.jpg

HennesseyCTSVR16.jpeg

Crap! It seems you'll have to go to the link to see the stills they won't load here even though they do in the preview.. I can't delete them either for some strange reason? Crap video too, as it doesn't show one motion shot except stills of motion shots?? It even looks fast standing still though!! Love the stealth angles and that helps with aero too...

Gawd what a sound!! It sounds like a damm jet!! 242 MPH top speed!! That ain't Kilo's per hour gents!! That's MPH!! Hell, on second thought it is a jet!!

Edited by Tywais
Repaired links

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bugatti Veyron has a 267 mph record with their sports version.

Sent from my iPhone 3 using ThaiVisa app

1zgarz5.gif Yes, Garry thanks for pointing that out, amazing how little a few extra million can buy when it comes to performance whistling.gif , when it comes down to cost though this car is leaps and bounds over the Bugatti, which was the point rolleyes.giftongue.png ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

There are a few CTS V's running around Thailand

And many other nice cars too. How there are so many I have not clue,, and at the prices charged here I would never get one

Yep it is not something I can ever get my mind around paying so much more for something you know back in the real world sells for probably less then half, guess most just have more dollars then cents, as no matter how much I had, I wouldn't do it but then again I'm not pretentious that way, more practical instead...

Someone quoted a mph figure, so did I. I'll get my coat smile.png

Sent from my iPhone 3 using ThaiVisa app

NO need to get your coat just think about in context, it's like both the Corvette and the Viper are tops in the 200MPH club but both are literally hundreds of thousand of dollars less then their closest competitors..

Crap! It seems you'll have to go to the link to see the stills they won't load here even though they do in the preview.

Links repaired. Reminds me of a TV series years ago with a computerized talking car. wink.png Mean looking machine and rather like it.

• Like 1

I used to be a Cadillac driver back in the US, and that thing is definitely not my style. I liked the big, heavy, simple rear-wheel drive DeVilles of the 70s and Fleetwood Broughams of the 80s. Reliable, low-tech, cast iron engine, mass and comfort. No one will ever see the like again.

Crap! It seems you'll have to go to the link to see the stills they won't load here even though they do in the preview.

Links repaired. Reminds me of a TV series years ago with a computerized talking car. wink.png Mean looking machine and rather like it.

Thanks Tywais for fixing the link problem and your opinion.

I used to be a Cadillac driver back in the US, and that thing is definitely not my style. I liked the big, heavy, simple rear-wheel drive DeVilles of the 70s and Fleetwood Broughams of the 80s. Reliable, low-tech, cast iron engine, mass and comfort. No one will ever see the like again.

Agree to some point but then again what car is like they were in the 80's? Most are much improved some not so much.. I would say though that for their time they weren't "low tech" but the opposite and I took my drivers test in a 70's FWD Eldorado when every kid was terrified of having to parallel park their cars and brought the smallest car they could borrow, rent or steal to take the test I opted for the power steering and FWD of my dads Eldorado instead of the Mazda RX3 we had, and I got it in first time with only about 6 inches to spare front and rear, a memory and story for a life time, the looks on all the peoples faces when I even drove up in that beast let alone when I parked it first time not even an adjustment needed to be made smile.png ..

Does it go round corners?

Yeah I wondered that myself since the video is really rubbish and redundant, disappointing stills combined with stills of it moving rolleyes.gif . But it has magnetic adaptive suspension which is really quite advanced Corvette stuff invented by GM, yeah that's right Euro cheer leaders, not Mclaren nor Ferrari but GM! and should give it some pretty sweet handling too bad they didn't show it sad.png . Hennessey though as I said is quite adept at making their cars handle though as well..

IMG_9580.JPG

http://www.sub5zero....lenge-gt-class/

Here's some jpegs of the CTSV going around corners in the real world on their return to the World challenge last year, the previous versions won a couple of manufacturers championships against a wide range of top teams of all top makes. BTW the team is Prat Miller but like all pro teams they collaborate with the best in the business as they did with Hennessy..

Here's some more interesting jpegs and videos with the closer to street version on the track and I must say Johnny O Connell ever frank as he is (sadly that never works for me) has some not so flattering things to say about it's hp but I have to say he's not doing such a good job driving it either, Andy Pilgrim was much better Johnny is uncharacteristically way off the apex's for some strange reason?

http://www.autoguide.../cadillac-cts-v

Don't American cars fall apart after a few months though?

Yeah the ones built in places like Australia and Britain but otherwise most are pretty solid..

Any car is nuts and bolts and glue, doesn't matter where they are assembled, it's the initial design that counts. Mercedes are assembled in Thailand and they don't fall apart. rolleyes.gif

cheesy.gif Silly comment really, of course it matters and MG's are now assembled in China! Land Rover in India, no more need to be said especially regarding Thai built not falling apart cheesy.gif ... I had one of the last European built Bimmers here when I came over, 318i coupe and it was a much coveted car even by the Thai's when I sold it years after it's manufacture and I bought it years used, everyone who saw it mentioned it and made comment about it's desirability, that speaks volumes to me, .. Funnily enough if that was the case of American makes not being engineered and built well it would seem that instead of GM and other American car companies being the worlds leaders they'd have fallen by the way side decades ago like all of those British manufacturers have giggle.gif .. Yet they keep coming back thumbsup.gif .. Edited by WarpSpeed

I think you mean Night Rider - and we are talking many years ago if you are....whistling.gif (agree with you though)

Wasn't that with Hasselhof before he went swimming?

cheesy.gif Silly comment really, of course it matters and MG's are now assembled in China! Land Rover in India, no more need to be said especially regarding Thai built not falling apart cheesy.gif ... I had one of the last European built Bimmers here when I came over, 318i coupe and it was a much coveted car even by the Thai's when I sold it years after it's manufacture and I bought it years used, everyone who saw it mentioned it and made comment about it's desirability, that speaks volumes to me, .. Funnily enough if that was the case of American makes not being engineered and built well it would seem that instead of GM and other American car companies being the worlds leaders they'd have fallen by the way side decades ago like all of those British manufacturers have giggle.gif .. Yet they keep coming back thumbsup.gif ..

Think you have missed your own point. You said yank rides assembled in Australia or Great Britain will fall apart.

I don't understand your comment rolleyes.gif ,Sorry we are not American but it's really strange, with your hypothesis, that GM, USA, employed Lotus ( UK ) ENGLISH, to sort out performance suspension for their rides. coffee1.gif

Edited by transam
  • Like 1

How much is it then? I quite like it. It has a look of a sheep in wolves clothing, but then turns out to be a axe wielding maniac in wolves clothing.

If anyone fancies buying one, I will be happy to test it for you. :-)

How much is it then? I quite like it. It has a look of a sheep in wolves clothing, but then turns out to be a axe wielding maniac in wolves clothing.

If anyone fancies buying one, I will be happy to test it for you. :-)

Be careful, Warpy says if it was assembled in Aus or UK it will fall apart. laugh.png

I think you mean Night Rider - and we are talking many years ago if you are....whistling.gif (agree with you though)

Wasn't that with Hasselhof before he went swimming?

Yes, that's the one. Better memory than me, but obviously I'm showing my age if I remember the series. biggrin.png

How much is it then? I quite like it.

The baseline CTS-V starts at $64,515. Have no idea what the Henessey mods cost though, with the top end CTS-V could bring it up touching $100k.

//edit - just went through the Build Your Own and selected all options and comes out to $72,915 but still without the mods. Of course in Thailand ... wink.png