Burnt Kid

Everytime I come to Lamai I always see this little kid selling flowers and she has a burnt face, loks real bad but she's a charming kid, about 13 now and I always buy all her flowers so she alwasy comes at me with a big smile and a hug.

What eally makes me angry is the horrified look of some tourists who turn around to see who is tugging gently on their shirt to want sell a flower. These stupid women and men pricks make no effort to hide their shock of seeing her face and i wish they would think about the poor kids feelings.

I heard that when she was a baby her parents left a candle in her room and - go figure. I also heard a rumour that shes in hospital now having plastic surgery, I have only seen her once this visit, does anybody else know her?

Wes I met her when she was a lot younger.Don't know the real story behind her disfigurment. The story goes as such.... Some Farang people offeref to have her face operated on some years ago.But.... now this is here say.The mother refused because she was doing very well for the family selling flowers & would not permit the treatment.

I always buy all her flowers so she alwasy comes at me with a big smile and a hug.

What eally makes me angry is the horrified look of some tourists who turn around to see who is tugging gently on their shirt to want sell a flower. These stupid women and men pricks make no effort to hide their shock of seeing her face and i wish they would think about the poor kids feelings.

I'm pleasantly surprised, good on you. :o

You seem to have a good heart underneath so why do you insist on being such a tosser all the time?

I got to know the girl quite well over the years, but I never got to know her name.

The story about the candle was the same as I was told, also about the plastic surgery,

Her mother did not want it done, because of the sympathy she got from people, when selling flowers,

One of the bar owners started to raise money locally I don't know how much was raised,

Her mother changed her mind about2 years ago and they both went with the Bar owner to BK

to see what could be done.

unfortunately I have not been back to Lamai since

I think she will be 15 September time,

She was the only one I would buy flowers from, because she was never to pushy.

If she is finally having the surgery I wish her all the best.

I always buy all her flowers so she alwasy comes at me with a big smile and a hug.

I'm pleasantly surprised, good on you. :D

You seem to have a good heart underneath so why do you insist on being such a tosser all the time?

This really made me laugh :o

Her mother did not want it done, because of the sympathy she got from people, when selling flowers,

So let me get this straight.

Her mother, the woman who had been forgetful or drunk enough to leave a burning candle in a baby's room, would not allow plastic surgery because her daughters disfigurement was profitable?

That is disgusting. :o:D

The poor kid, if she's thirteen then soon she will start taking an interest in boys and her peers will start dating boys and she will probably have no chance, thanks to her mothers selfishness and greed, as if it wasn't bad enough she'd let that happen to her daughter in the first place. :D:D

I got to know the girl quite well over the years, but I never got to know her name.

The kids name is Kwan.

Her mother, the woman who had been forgetful or drunk enough to leave a burning candle in a baby's room, would not allow plastic surgery because her daughters disfigurement was profitable?

Ya, pretty much. id like to meet the mom myself and give her a piece of my mind, shes not even allowed to go home until shes sold all her roses so I buy the lot when I see her.

I'm pleasantly surprised, good on you.

Is that a compliment Uma??? :o

Badger & a few other bar owners have raised enough money for the first couple of operations. Shes had the first one & it seems everything is ok. More donations are needed as she has to have several more operations. Anyone wishing to contribute can do so at Badgers bar on the same strip as Ned Kellys & El Dorado going away from the main strip.

One thing you have to be wary off is the story... everyone has heard the same story.. so could be more of a myth... something people pass on to newcomers..

I'm not saying that a child disfigured this way isn't a tragedy.. it is... :o

totster :D

Everytime I come to Lamai I always see this little kid selling flowers and she has a burnt face, loks real bad but she's a charming kid, about 13 now and I always buy all her flowers so she alwasy comes at me with a big smile and a hug.

I heard that when she was a baby her parents left a candle in her room and - go figure. I also heard a rumour that shes in hospital now having plastic surgery, I have only seen her once this visit, does anybody else know her?

I'm pleasantly surprised, good on you. :D

:D You took the words right out of my mouth, Uma. Yes, it's a compliment Wes.

And, I guess, proof that not everyone is all bad and all good. People are people, who can be good in and of themselves, even if we don't agree with them 100%

So let me get this straight.

That is disgusting. :o:D

The poor kid, if she's thirteen then soon she will start taking an interest in boys and her peers will start dating boys and she will probably have no chance, thanks to her mothers selfishness and greed, as if it wasn't bad enough she'd let that happen to her daughter in the first place. :D:D

Unfortunately, this is a common rationale, and not only in Thailand.

I've been looking out for her but not seen her yet.

Last night there was a 7yr old girl who looked more like five selling garlands. She was so so cute and innocent looking but she knew exactly how to use her cuteness to milk the customer, and me. :D

Is that a compliment Uma???

Of sorts. :o

I noticed a WANTED poster last night with what must have been her face on it. It was asking for donations for an operation which would cost 200,000 baht. I was pleased to see this and maybe her mother isn't that bad after all, providing of couse that the money will go to the intended cause, how can anyone be sure? :o

I have not seen her yet but have been keeping my eyes open.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

this treat might be a bit old, but the story about this girl 5 years ago was that her father was so angry about the S... tourist that him never wanted his daughter to be beautifull and burned her ... (the method I forgot already).

Thats no joke

ShingDam

Hello,

this treat might be a bit old, but the story about this girl 5 years ago was that her father was so angry about the S... tourist that him never wanted his daughter to be beautifull and burned her ... (the method I forgot already).

Thats no joke

ShingDam

ANGRY ABOUT THE WHAT???

• 3 weeks later...

I am pretty sure I met her tonight, I knew as soon as I saw her. I brought a garland off her and she seems a really nice girl, a little bored with her job maybe.

I wanted to ask her what actualluy happened but it didn't seem appropriate at the time.

I am pretty sure I met her tonight, I knew as soon as I saw her. I brought a garland off her and she seems a really nice girl, a little bored with her job maybe.

I wanted to ask her what actualluy happened but it didn't seem appropriate at the time.

Where abouts did you see her?

Where abouts did you see her?

She was outside McDonalds with a friend.

Hello,

The Thai on Thai prostitution industry dwarfs the tourist-oriented one into nothingness, so I doubt if sex-tourism was what motivated him. :o

Hello,

The Thai on Thai prostitution industry dwarfs the tourist-oriented one into nothingness, so I doubt if sex-tourism was what motivated him. :o

No way!! if you had a choice between your daughter being a hooker or a deformed kid which would it be.

my choice would be hooker hands down but i dont have a daughter. I have gus and i have michael.

• 4 weeks later...