Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Is March and April the wait now? I'm thinking I might want to pre order before the Bangkok motor festival now.

I was on the phone with the manager will put deposit down tomorrow, as agreed. Asked if I pay cash full price doesnt matter still March - April. Really pissed off, seriously the factory is here in Thailand and CBR 500 not released anywhere else until April 2013. So what the f...?

I put a deposit down on a CB500X on boxing day . was told most likely February but definately March. I doubt they really know.

Just have to wait and see. be nice if people don't jump the Queue

How much was the deposit?

just 3k baht. don't expect any replys to Emails. I suspect there's only one Salesman at the moment and he's going to be busy, even if its just with tyre kickers

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah waiting for toys sucks big time :)

Every hobby I ever had I needed stuff & would order as locally I lived in remote areas

I was always tracking the packages & waiting for the UPS/FedEx/Postal man to show ;)

Must be hard to wait 4 months for a bike.

Hey maybe make loserlazer an offer he can't refuse?

Yeah i can sell mine for 250 k zero km:D

Now i m getting nervous for the waiting list and high demand.

I hope they did not give my bike to someone else!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Yeah waiting for toys sucks big time smile.png

Every hobby I ever had I needed stuff & would order as locally I lived in remote areas

I was always tracking the packages & waiting for the UPS/FedEx/Postal man to show wink.png

It could easily happen.... Only takes a well know Thai to walk in and boom it's gone and you'll be on the receiving end of some ridiculous story as to why your bike never arrived....

Is there no one in Bangkok that can collect it for you on your behalf? :)

:lol:

When are you due back in Bangkok?

I imagined you had already paid for it because they gave you all that free swag ;)

laugh.png

I imagined you had already paid for it because they gave you all that free swag wink.png

Good point, I forgot about that nice Thai edition helmet :)

I hope the bike isn't being used as a test / showroom mule while your away :)

Well guys I got some good news, went to Big Wing today. Told sales person want to buy CBR500 in cash. 10 mins later I bought it. Its white with blue and red stripes. HE said if I want red or black anywhere between 1-3 months wait, cant be asked to wait that long just because of the color. Had a test drive few laps around the soi on the red one. Really liked it.

I was expecting some free stuff when you buy in cash, but the only thing I got is road tax free for 1 year (800 bht) and 10% off ridiculously overpriced gear. The insurance was surprisingly expensive 9,200 bht for a year. Iam still thinking on that. sort on cash now.

In regards to financing now the minimum down payment is 48,000 bht!!!! shockign and thats on interest rate of 9% up from 5.5 I saw 2 months ago.

Congradulations cant wait for some pics and a review. I believe 9% is the normal rate and 5.5 would be a promotional rate. What was the total cost of the bike? Normal down payment would be 20% for a thai and 30% for a foriegner but this can change when you start to deal with the bank. Also you would be required to pay the finance companies insurance rates.

Edited by yankee99

Yeah waiting for toys sucks big time smile.png

I was always tracking the packages & waiting for the UPS/FedEx/Postal man to show wink.png

It could easily happen.... Only takes a well know Thai to walk in and boom it's gone and you'll be on the receiving end of some ridiculous story as to why your bike never arrived....

Is there no one in Bangkok that can collect it for you on your behalf? :)

What about you carlos?:lol: can yoy pick it up for me?

I think i will get my bike on once i be there. i have such a feeling but you never know as TIT.:D

:lol:

When are you due back in Bangkok?

I imagined you had already paid for it because they gave you all that free swag ;)

I will be in bangkok on 10th. I did not pay the full amount as there were only showroom bikes that day and they needed the real bike chassis and engine numbers to receive the full amount for registration. But i will get it once i am back i am sure or lets say i hope.

Man I really miss thailand and eager to ride my bike right away.

I hate cold countries and i could not realize how i was riding bikes at minus degrees before! It is a torture man! Yeah it has been 8 years and i have never seen a winter and cold temperatures! as first time i am visiting back home during winter.

Viva thailand i say:lol:

• Like 1

Well guys I got some good news, went to Big Wing today. Told sales person want to buy CBR500 in cash. 10 mins later I bought it. Its white with blue and red stripes. HE said if I want red or black anywhere between 1-3 months wait, cant be asked to wait that long just because of the color. Had a test drive few laps around the soi on the red one. Really liked it.

I was expecting some free stuff when you buy in cash, but the only thing I got is road tax free for 1 year (800 bht) and 10% off ridiculously overpriced gear. The insurance was surprisingly expensive 9,200 bht for a year. Iam still thinking on that. sort on cash now.

In regards to financing now the minimum down payment is 48,000 bht!!!! shockign and thats on interest rate of 9% up from 5.5 I saw 2 months ago.

Hey there ya go ;)

Good deal that you were able to get a bike you wanted much sooner.

On the Insurance I actually do not think that is high.

I base that on the fact I just paid 9777 Baht for 1 yr first Class for my new

Ninja 250 a few weeks ago.

I have to agree though it is a bit stingy not to give you a little swag with the new bike.

I got a full bike cover which is nice to have as well as a jacket & some cut little bags :)

But hey with the 500 less you paid for insurance you can buy those things if you want them

Congrats looking forward to hearing what you think of the bike.

Congratulations told you phone calls are no good turn up with hard cash and you get a result enjoy:)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

Congradulations cant wait for some pics and a review. I believe 9% is the normal rate and 5.5 would be a promotional rate. What was the total cost of the bike? Normal down payment would be 20% for a thai and 30% for a foriegner but this can change when you start to deal with the bank. Also you would be required to pay the finance companies insurance rates.

Will post a lot of vids for you guys. I rode one today and its great

• Like 1

Nice one thumbsup.gif ...give them a poke next time you're and ask them when the X and the F will be released please wai.gif

Nice one thumbsup.gif ...give them a poke next time you're and ask them when the X and the F will be released please wai.gif

The F series is already there, its sold out but you can reserve one. February they are getting another batch. I just wonder if factory cannot keep up the demand here in TH how the hell will they support US, UK, Europe with this factory?

Edited by sup3r1or

Was the same with the CBR250.

So go on. You've had the bike for a full day. How is it?

Mate wont be able to pick it up until Friday because of my work. They wont let me take a day off this week until Friday.

From the test driver I had (done few laps) its great fun at that price. Its not spectacular, the engine does sound like a sewing machine. Acceleration is great , but it kind of weird at first maybe needs time to get used to. Releasing crutch on 1st gear bike starts rolling, cranking up accelerator nothing happens at first, then a bit more and you get a decent burst of power. I didnt want to try a wheelie but it would be hard. They said it can run on gasohol, since 91 is not available already. I still want to check out handling a bit more.

IF I had more money I would defo go for 600rr or at least Ninja 650. But to commute to see my wife and a kid would be perfect. As for those who love traveling dont go for CBR go for CBF or X easier to install luggage compartments and looks much better with them than CBR.

• Like 2

Was it one of the demo's they had there, a white and a red one? They let you take it out of the lot? They only let me putter around a couple of cones! They said nothing about being about to walk away with one, depending on color. They told me 3 months. I stuck to my original plan and bought a CBR250 ABS!

I went to big wing today to pre order mine today. I have to wait until the end of April for it. Also test drove it at Honda and the bike is amazingly smooth. It's like floating on a cloud, it's so soft. I couldn't get it out of 2nd gear because of the little test space that they have at Honda but it has some amazing power.

I went to big wing today to pre order mine today. I have to wait until the end of April for it. Also test drove it at Honda and the bike is amazingly smooth. It's like floating on a cloud, it's so soft. I couldn't get it out of 2nd gear because of the little test space that they have at Honda but it has some amazing power.

Can you only test drive the CBR or do they also have the F available?

She is mine finally:D

Received it today.

I ll write a review later on busy a little.

Oh man. I am a happy rider:lol:

Very Nice Congrats

I like the all red look too

Have fun & let us know what you think after a few rides

Hope you dont mind I spun your pics for a better view

Here ya go...

• Like 1

Thanks for spinning the photos mania. They were looking fine when i post them!

I will visit the temple tomorrow hili thanks but just for a blessing:lol: red is my lucky color from birth!

Still busy with work and riding the bike like hell for hard break in!

It is a powerful bike. But it could be more powerful. I might need a faster bike soon:lol:

Saw 175 kmh today two up on 6th gear at the end of 7000 rpm i think:D

Need time to fully realize the rpm counter though!

By the way, 8300 thb for 80% 1st class Tokio Insurance and around 3500 thb for 555 plate number and registration:lol:

• Like 1

BTW, when I test drove the 500 a few weeks ago at BigWing, it was the first day of the new tax, so the price went up from 204k to 210k. I stood at the counter long enough that they got busy and walked away. I was able to read a receipt on top of a pile that clearly showed a Thai paid 190k for the bike, then there was a list of swag/prices, bringing the total up to 204k. It also indicated that he had some kind of BigWing member card. I went back to my local dealer and bought the 250 instead, as planned!

Okay its it not the review but first impressions.

Today I picked up my white CBR500R and drove it 230km from one town to the other. It is my first big bike so I might not know much but there are a few things I will share with you.

Will do video review on Sunday as my camera is not with me at the moment.

I really have mixed feeling about this bike, I was told not to drive over 100km until it hits 1000km run just like in the car, but in few instances today I had to go 120. Or from 20 to 100 pretty fast. In the town cruising its nice, however accelerator has some very wide angle of movement without throttle which is alright but sometime you feel like you don't apply throttle even though you still do without noticing it. Around town I was very very happy with it, outside I got a bit more aggressive with it, this is where something started to annoy me very quickly and them make journey so much worse. I was told to shift at higher RPMs, however on any gear (I don't know if this is because bike is brand new or not, or this is problem with my cbr) once you hit 5000 rpm you feel engine starts to struggle, yes you can push it further, but here is where annoying bit comes in. Once rev counter crosses 5000 rpm, you start feeling really weird vibrations coming from the engine. I can describe it as stampeding hundreds of ants on your legs and ass. If you go to 6000 rps it because almost unbearable, 7000? I wanted to stop or slow down. So all my journey had to shift at 5k or reduce speed, 6th gear has same problem from 6000rpm upwards. I dont understand why it is happening, first I thought oh maybe wind or something, but later noticed it happens on every gear after 5k rpm. Trip from Chiang Mai to Chiang rai 160km took me over 3.5 hours.

Tomorrow I plan to give a ring to Bigwing and see if this is normal, my first service will be at 1000km which is 740 away right ow lol. Gearchanges are really l)oud, you know when you switched a gear u will feel a jerk and you will definitely hear it like a hammer on a bike. Sometimes it happens gentle sometimes really harsh (yes I did push crutch fully). Front brake is amazing, rear brake pretty much not existent:) as to be expected on the bikes. Lights are better than expected drove at night today and had a clear view of the road without even turning on the beams, beam lights work spectacular as well. The seat is a bit too harsh to be honest my ass got numb after 40 mins:) but I can live with that. The power is there and its accessible without any delays, its very manageable, however its not as powerful as you might expect, went full throttle today in chaig rai on 2nd-3rd gear and had no problem at all.

Will put up some vids tomorrow guys, btw that test drive you saw online in BKK, dont think that bike sounds like sewing machine:) it really sounds much better than in that movie, you will defo distinguish this from 250 and 150 or even kawa ninja 250.

Take care all

P.S All the documentation is in Thai, manual is in Thai as well, need to find one in english. Drove 230km today with full tank have a bit less than half left, they said its on average 300 plus nit noit.

Edited by sup3r1or