Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Guys, i decided to sell my cbr250. I rode it yesterday and the day before to see how i feel after cbr500 and i feel like i m sitting on a tractor:lol:

Feels very underpowered and handling wise harder to control and lean.

I wanted to keep it as i was little septic about traffic performance of cbr500.

I love my cbr250 and spent around 40 k for mods but i feel like i will not ride it anymore and i do not want to keep a bike i ll not ride, rusting in my garden as i can do all in traffic with cbr500 easily. No difference for me after a week of commute and actually i can reach work and home around 3 minutes earlier now:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright sorry for being out for a few days. In regards to which bikes I have driver (if you dont count scooters, such as Zoomer and Click) I have driver Honda Phantom (1995) and less than a month on CB SuperFour. I just moved to Chiang Rai recently and I dont really have anyone experienced enough to look at my bike.

BTW yesterday I was washing the bike at my house in Phayao, after it dried I decided to take a set of keys that came with the bike and check all the bolts, to my surprise the plastic panel on right (where your knee touches the bake), the bolt was barely tightened, it took me 6 more rotations to tighten it up. However I noticed no matter how much I twist it does tighten but it never stops rotating. Also tightened up some more around all plastic panels, vibration is a bit better now but still.

Going to BW end of month or so, when I get paid. Kind of started getting some weird sound coming from the front wheel, it comes and goes, hissing.

Already close to 600km on speedo.

In regards to taking the bike out and going hard on it for 20-30 km I think I rather do it after my 1000 km service, just to be on the same side.

BTW few pics of the bike.

post-101384-0-46162000-1358666958_thumb.

post-101384-0-93031700-1358667013_thumb.

Edited by sup3r1or

the stock pipe really has to go

When I get enough cash, probably not for another couple of months. Actually it is cheaper to buy it abroad much cheaper. Ask someone to put it in the suitcase and carry here. Some guy told me in the Bigwing shop thats what he did

When I get enough cash, probably not for another couple of months. Actually it is cheaper to buy it abroad much cheaper. Ask someone to put it in the suitcase and carry here. Some guy told me in the Bigwing shop thats what he did

Just my opinion but,

When it comes to the new bikes you will not gain much for your $$ by adding a pipe or slip-on

The manufacturers these days seem to be getting all there is or close with what they use on

the bike as currently set-up.

Given the fact they are bound by EPA regs to include a cat in the header etc.

Look back at this post Sumet made & my response after it

http://www.thaivisa....50#entry6021976

These days if your thinking of buying a pipe for anything other than looks or increased noise

then you better budget in enough for what else you will need to gain any real HP from it.

That being some kind of fuel controller like Power Commander etc + new increased intake via at least

a better filter system for starters.

IMHO money initially better spent is on things like better tires with more grip or even frame sliders

in case you drop or low side it. Next maybe some brake work if needed. Then if your in need of more ponies go for it

but do it right meaning no use in increasing exhaust flow if your not taking care of intake & fuel.

Just my 2 cents & how I personally go about it.

But,

my pleasure in riding comes in tight twisty areas. I am not one to go for long rides with

very long straight roads. Those who do probably think of more top end first & foremost.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

When I was a school boy I remember dreaming about RD500's and Gamma 500's. How times have changed........

The awesome bikes are still out there. Unfortunately the Thai government considers any vehicle made outside Thailand to be a 'luxury' item and uses that as an excuse to tax them to death. Poorly disguised protectionism leaves us with a choice of boring imitations of what is available on the global market. Sad.

Edit ; if you really need a decent bike you can of course choose to get ripped off and pay for some Ministers new Benz...

Edited by JonnyF

Just my opinion but,

When it comes to the new bikes you will not gain much for your $$ by adding a pipe or slip-on

The manufacturers these days seem to be getting all there is or close with what they use on

the bike as currently set-up.

Given the fact they are bound by EPA regs to include a cat in the header etc.

Look back at this post Sumet made & my response after it

http://www.thaivisa....50#entry6021976

These days if your thinking of buying a pipe for anything other than looks or increased noise

then you better budget in enough for what else you will need to gain any real HP from it.

That being some kind of fuel controller like Power Commander etc + new increased intake via at least

a better filter system for starters.

IMHO money initially better spent is on things like better tires with more grip or even frame sliders

in case you drop or low side it. Next maybe some brake work if needed. Then if your in need of more ponies go for it

but do it right meaning no use in increasing exhaust flow if your not taking care of intake & fuel.

Just my 2 cents & how I personally go about it.

But,

my pleasure in riding comes in tight twisty areas. I am not one to go for long rides with

very long straight roads. Those who do probably think of more top end first & foremost.

It is mainly for looks and sound, but yes I agree with your point of view. More important things should be the first in the list. Alright setting off back to Chiang Rai, see you guys in the evening.

Overrun and demolished two ninja 250s on the road! They tried hard though then gave up with angry impression on their faces!

Probably because they though it was a CBR250 5555555

Just joking biggrin.png

:lol: was thinking the same

Ok we need details here....

If overrun & demolished how did you see the angry expressions? Good mirrors?

What kind of road we talking about? Straight or twisty?

At what speed did the giving up give up at?

Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Overrun and demolished two ninja 250s on the road! They tried hard though then gave up with angry impression on their faces!

Just joking biggrin.png

Funny you should say that, I just had a gloating N250 (old model with nice pipe and go faster stickers) blaze past me on my CBR250 as I was cruising along on my daily commute. He slowed down a bit and the customary knees came out and ass lifted off the seat in some sort of childish gloat, I think inferring that he has a small penis and an insecure emotional state.

Unfortunately for him I ride this 20km rush hour commute every day for the last few years and I know how every inch of traffic moves. Without ever going above cruising speed I lightly cruised past him 4 times with even trying. Once gliding in in-front of him then slowing right down to 20kph while tottering along. 5 minutes later and he got the chance to pull out into a much faster lane and blazed off as I continued to trotter along. Ass up in the air again when he was a hundred meters or so ahead..

Unfortunately that much faster lane soon becomes a chocablock piece of grid lock with 4 lanes bottle-necking into two, the best route is to cut inside and trotter up inside where it's completely free while all the idiots are squashed up in gridlock standstill without the space to breath.... Which is where I was cruising when I gently pottered past him while for the forth and last time... ass slightly up in the air. biggrin.png

There's an angry retard out there this evening, that's for sure.

Edited by cbrer

Just joking biggrin.png

Yeah i thought the same. I think it is a cbr 250 as new red color of it is nearly the same:D

lucky you didnt get the tri-coloured one or they would have probably thought it was a cbr150 and been even more depressed :D

• Like 1

Just joking biggrin.png

:lol: was thinking the same

Ok we need details here....

If overrun & demolished how did you see the angry exp<b></b>ressions? Good mirrors?

What kind of road we talking about? Straight or twisty?

At what speed did the giving up give up at?

Inquiring minds want to know ;)

For the inquring minds, they gave up when i passed 170 kmh.

They were fully modded with pipes i think heading to kaeng krachan track.

Road was straight but it does not matter as we were scissoring between cars leaning hard in high traffic:lol:

And yes i have good mirrors Mania!

Dont forget i had a pillion rider!

Anyway guys, i had my 1000 km service today. It was the most expensive service i had here in Thailand. 2030 thb after bigwing club membership 10 percent discount!

They changed oil - 4 liters -, oil filter, new coolant, valve adjustment and some parts related with valves and washing. Guys worked nearly 3 hours as valve adjustment took long time. They charged 900 thb for mechanic included on 2030 thb - fixed price for 1000 km service on cbr500 as a sheet of paper is hanged on the wall explaining all expenses for 96.000 km. Total cost for 96.000 km is 22.000 thb!

And most surprising, oil changing intervals are 12.000 km! So you change oil every 12.000 km as they said bike is designed this way that is why bike needs 3.2 liters of oil. Hard to beleive that but they are ok to change your oil anytime you like. Up to customer they say!

Good service, most professional looking i have encountered in Thailand. And the manager of mechanics told me that they have sent all their mecanics to japan for a hard training! I felt good when i heard that. I trust their work first time in Thailand!

Nothing like a new oil on a new bike:lol:

Blast!

post-114750-13587700364529_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13587700506131_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13587700834432_thumb.jpg

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

I love Thailand, a valve adjustment alone would cost 20,000+ back home in the UK

'washing'?

The guy was referring to the 'washers' AKA 'shims' that would be replaced if any clearances were found to be out of tolerance :)

• Like 1

Was the engine cold when they did the valves??

sent from my Q6

I bloody hope so!!

I like the fact that they didn't refuse to do the clearances when YOU requested them to be done.

I know of a place that refused to do my 650 early......

Sorry to go of topic a little but I've been wondering about this valve adjustment ,on the crf guys in USA have been getting theirs checked at 500-1000km ,I have just had my 4 k service and I'm pretty sure at 1000 k and 4000k service they only changed the oil,not really that bothered as any problems will be covered under the warranty but does seem a bit slack from Honda servicing department.

P.s know a little about bikes and can do most things if I have the manual but don't know anything about these valve adjustments how important is it that they are checked/adjusted.

Edited by taninthai

I love Thailand, a valve adjustment alone would cost 20,000+ back home in the UK

'washing'?

The guy was referring to the 'washers' AKA 'shims' that would be replaced if any clearances were found to be out of tolerance :)

Man i was shocked as well when i see them seriously removing whole fairings and tank and lots of bits and adjusting all valves for 2 hours!

Manual of my cbr250 says valve adjustment but they never did and i never bothered them as it is only 250 single.

What i have seen was a professional service there. My first encounter with it here on bikes:D

Thaicbr, they have a factory use fan outside to cool the bikes and they cooled mine for 20 min and waited another 15 min for letting the engine fully cool. Can you beleive it?:D

And carlos washing means washing the bike man! Bike wash in a better way of saying.

They changed some bits but could not see what were they clearly. Small bits like seals. Ask again on my next visit there.

Edited by loserlazer

LL is the valve check something you asked for? I honestly cant think why a check would be needed before 10,000 kilometers. If this bike is sold in the usa a 700mile valve check wont go over well at all. I think my dtracker and z1k go at least 15,000 kilometers before its required.

• Like 1

LL is the valve check something you asked for? I honestly cant think why a check would be needed before 10,000 kilometers. If this bike is sold in the usa a 700mile valve check wont go over well at all. I think my dtracker and z1k go at least 15,000 kilometers before its required.

I think my CBR250 recommended 1000km then every 16,000km thereafter. I think. That's what I did anyway... except for forgetting about it for the last 34,000km. Next service is gonna be a big'un.

+1

Never heard of any bike or car needing valves checked at 1000km

Strange

For the inquring minds, they gave up when i passed 170 kmh.

Road was straight but it does not matter as we were scissoring between cars leaning hard in high traffic:lol:

Be careful ;)

170 + traffic in Thailand is a definite no-no