Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Hi Guys,

Ehhhh I must have a bad luck, was really a s@#t day.

I have 2 questions I want to ask:

1. What kind of a shop can repair tires for big bikes? I have been with my wife to cockpit once but that was car related. Never seen any bikes there. I found 2 nails in my rear tire today. 1 was halfway in, managed to take it out. However the second one must have went 1 inch in or more, I can only see the tip and need pliers to take it out which I dont want to do.

2. Well my bike fell down today, on a side. I parked next to my apartment kickstand springed back while I was tilting it to the side and it started falling on me. I couldnt pull it out because my leg was stuck and was a good chance it would cause some damage to my leg as it was a sharp corner of the stars preventing me from moving it away.

This is the damage, these are not simply scratches on the strip sticker they are deep scratches and little dents on the fairings post-101384-0-30863000-1361273156_thumb.post-101384-0-60448600-1361273198_thumb.

In regards to fixing it will this require changing fairing completely? The damage is on big white one and small black one next to the engine. :(((((

Anyone knows how much will that set me off approximately?

Oh man. Bad luck really.

I always check the side stand couple of times with my feet and also drag the bike back hard. One of my scooters back home dropped this way and fuc.ng thing fell down from the wall! It ended up like a total trash with lots of expenses-_-

Regarding the tire, you have to get it fixed only from inside. Car tire shops do that for 150 thb and you can let local mechanic plug from outside until you find a car tire shop. Some car tire shops might refuse you as it needs knowledge to remove a bike tire and it is hard job too so do not get angry like me, it is not bc you are farang :D I tried many and only one shop accepted me in my area:lol:

For the fall, please check critical components before you ride fast like brake lines, handles, hoses, angle of clipons etc.

And just change the fairings. Scrathes look worse once they get the dirt and exhaust fumes after some ride. They are not that expensive i guess 4k max i say.

Besides, go to the nearest temple and let the old monks bless the bike and you for good luck next time:lol:

Or be realistic and get some crash bars man!

Edited by loserlazer

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

Ehhhh I must have a bad luck, was really a s@#t day.

I have 2 questions I want to ask:

1. What kind of a shop can repair tires for big bikes? I have been with my wife to cockpit once but that was car related. Never seen any bikes there. I found 2 nails in my rear tire today. 1 was halfway in, managed to take it out. However the second one must have went 1 inch in or more, I can only see the tip and need pliers to take it out which I dont want to do.

2. Well my bike fell down today, on a side. I parked next to my apartment kickstand springed back while I was tilting it to the side and it started falling on me. I couldnt pull it out because my leg was stuck and was a good chance it would cause some damage to my leg as it was a sharp corner of the stars preventing me from moving it away.

This is the damage, these are not simply scratches on the strip sticker they are deep scratches and little dents on the fairings post-101384-0-30863000-1361273156_thumb.post-101384-0-60448600-1361273198_thumb.

In regards to fixing it will this require changing fairing completely? The damage is on big white one and small black one next to the engine. sad.png((((

Anyone knows how much will that set me off approximately?

Oh man. Bad luck really.

I always check the side stand couple of times with my feet and also drag the bike back hard. One of my scooters back home dropped this way and fuc.ng thing fell down from the wall! It ended up like a total trash with lots of expenses-_-

Regarding the tire, you have to get it fixed only from inside. Car tire shops do that for 150 thb and you can let local mechanic plug from outside until you find a car tire shop. Some car tire shops might refuse you as it needs knowledge to remove a bike tire and it is hard job too so do not get angry like me, it is not bc you are farang biggrin.png I tried many and only one shop accepted me in my area:lol:

For the fall, please check critical components before you ride fast like brake lines, handles, hoses, angle of clipons etc.

And just change the fairings. Scrathes look worse once they get the dirt and exhaust fumes after some ride. They are not that expensive i guess 4k max i say.

Besides, go to the nearest temple and let the old monks bless the bike and you for good luck next time:lol:

Or be realistic and get some crash bars man!

For the tires shops what should I be looking at? Theres plenty of them around most look crap, really really bad. A shop in a shanty, with loads of old tires. Guess cockpit wont do anything with big bikes? what about Greenwing? they do sell 250.

Guys I know it looks alright but it is also my crappy BB camera and white color. When you look at it it is very noticeable, some scratches are deep and look like dents.

I will try to check with BigWing how much it will cost.

Went to the tire shop today guys, they took a nail out which went in less than an inch, air wasnt leaking for that place but the shop guys still punctured the tire completely and put a plug in it. Can anyone tell me is this a temporary solution and I need to go to a shop and get this tire properly repaired or is this permanent solution that does not require anything else. Iam a bit scared to go fast on a bike. Looks ugly (repair job)post-101384-0-20272600-1361457149_thumb.

Went to the tire shop today guys, they took a nail out which went in less than an inch, air wasnt leaking for that place but the shop guys still punctured the tire completely and put a plug in it. Can anyone tell me is this a temporary solution and I need to go to a shop and get this tire properly repaired or is this permanent solution that does not require anything else. Iam a bit scared to go fast on a bike. Looks ugly (repair job)[url=http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif]http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif[/url[/url] IMG-20130221-00325.jpg

I thought the same as you when I had it done haha! Don't worry too much,after a few days the colour will change and you'll hardly see it. I've read you shouldn't go over 100mph (160kph) with one, but I've never heard of a plug coming out.

Edited by macknife
  • Like 1

This is going to bring up a mixed bag of results again BUT I wouldn't ride it with gusto, or ride for prolonged periods without it being repaired from the inside.

Like karlos said a mixed bag. If it holds air i would leave it as is and ride it like you stole it.....Did you check and/or adjust your chain.

From the photos, I reckon the damage just needs a respray and new decals. Probably around 2K tops. Check for other broken stuff too. Better have a dealership do the once over.

Or just leave it alone and ride it thumbsup.gif

I've picked up countless scratches and dings here in Thailand while the bike's just been parked. If I fixed every one of them I'd spend a fortune and probably develop some kind of nervous twitch. I kind of like bikes that look like they get ridden, gives them a bit of character...

PS that plug looks dead centre of the tyre to me. Should be fine but if it's playing on your mind then it's probably worth it to get it re-done from the inside. Just keep an eye on it...

Went to the tire shop today guys, they took a nail out which went in less than an inch, air wasnt leaking for that place but the shop guys still punctured the tire completely and put a plug in it. Can anyone tell me is this a temporary solution and I need to go to a shop and get this tire properly repaired or is this permanent solution that does not require anything else. Iam a bit scared to go fast on a bike. Looks ugly (repair job)post-101384-0-20272600-1361457149_thumb.

Just be it temporary. Get it patched from inside as soon as you can for worry free rides or do you want to think about it all the time you ride it? This is not a scooter.

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-first-rides/first-ride-2013-honda-cb500f-review/22346.html#ixzz2LeTlm8Fa

First ride reviews are coming from west. Cb500 looks cool!

Mcn will release a review for 500 series in a couple of days and rest will follow.

Bc Honda invited recognized journalists to a first test ride in spain.

Strange to see the reviews coming after 45 days of ownership! First time in my life.

• Like 1

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-first-rides/first-ride-2013-honda-cb500f-review/22346.html#ixzz2LeTlm8Fa First ride reviews are coming from west. Cb500 looks cool! Mcn will release a review for 500 series in a couple of days and rest will follow. Bc Honda invited recognized journalists to a first test ride in spain. Strange to see the reviews coming after 45 days of ownership! First time in my life.

Your link was the F model

Also they have a short test of the cbr500

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-first-rides/first-ride-2013-honda-cbr500r-review/22352.html

Like you I agree it is nice to finally see some tests but these did not say much really did they?

SuperBike Thailand December Issue tested the CBR500 too but my Thai reading is a bit slow for that article sad.png

The waiting list in BigWing BKK for the CBR 500R doesn't seem so long. http://www.aphonda.co.th/hondabigwing/home.ashx#news-details-honda-bigwing-waiting-list-Update.ashx

not sure I would like them to make my name public like that

It's just the first name.

They managed to put the first piece of my last name on there.

Had to call them to make sure it was really me.

And it was smile.png

Saturday that 500 is mine tongue.png

• Like 1

The waiting list in BigWing BKK for the CBR 500R doesn't seem so long. http://www.aphonda.co.th/hondabigwing/home.ashx#news-details-honda-bigwing-waiting-list-Update.ashx

And it was

Saturday that 500 is mine

Are you 18 on the list for the black?

I'm 21 for the white and BigWing hasn't called me yet.

And it was

I am 128 on the list for the black CB500F.

My girlfriend called to confirm in Thai.

All the bikes on that published list are ready to be picked up smile.png

And it was

theres over 300 bikes on that list,i dont think the big wing bkk could even hold that many at once

last batch i saw there looked to be about 30 bikes ,

and we have not had a call from them yet (#40) so i doubt there are 300 bikes waiting there

And it was

theres over 300 bikes on that list,i dont think the big wing bkk could even hold that many at once

and we have not had a call from them yet (#40) so i doubt there are 300 bikes waiting there

I am number 128 on the list.

So after my girlfriend called them two days ago to confirm, which they did, I also called them myself just now, and guess what, they confirmed again.

I will be there on Saturday morning, riding out on my brand new CB500F.

If anyone is in doubt, just call them 02-7903999, they speak Thai and English.

And it was

All the bikes on that published list are ready to be picked up

I am number 128 on the list.

So after my girlfriend called them two days ago to confirm, which they did, I also called them myself just now, and guess what, they confirmed again.

I will be there on Saturday morning, riding out on my brand new CB500F.

If anyone is in doubt, just call them 02-7903999, they speak Thai and English.

Just called and talked to some guy. He said if your name is on the list they have got your bike. They guy just said to tell him exactly when you will be picking up and it will be ready.

Next week ill be stopping by to fill out some paper.

To bad I'm going to America for a month and won't be able to pick up the bike until mid April.

Thanks DiNiro

That is the first half way decent review I have seen.

But... it is a bit sad isn't it?

I mean the majority of what is available to regular folks

here all get described basically with a bit of a yawn.

Like how he described the R chassis..."Nothing Much To Shout About"

More utilitarian than anything else. Built as they say to satisfy

the beginners market basically

Economically & marketing wise I guess it is to be expected.

But as many have said before it is a bit sad that the big 4 have really kind of

given up on building anything exciting to someone with experience but enjoys a smaller

higher revving engine that invokes a bit of passion.

Would be easier to take if we did not have a history of such bikes being build-able/sell-able

Mai Bpen Rai is all we can say & as others have basically said better than nothing or what they had here

a few years ago.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

And it was

All the bikes on that published list are ready to be picked up :)

30 bikes is a joke. They can easily store 300 bikes.

Thanks DiNiro

That is the first half way decent review I have seen.

But... it is a bit sad isn't it?

I mean the majority of what is available to regular folks

here all get described basically with a bit of a yawn.

Like how he described the R chassis..."Nothing Much To Shout About"

More utilitarian than anything else. Built as they say to satisfy

the beginners market basically

Economically & marketing wise I guess it is to be expected.

But as many have said before it is a bit sad that the big 4 have really kind of

given up on building anything exciting to someone with experience but enjoys a smaller

higher revving engine that invokes a bit of passion.

Would be easier to take if we did not have a history of such bikes being build-able/sell-able

Mai Bpen Rai is all we can say & as others have basically said better than nothing or what they had here

a few years ago.

Z1000 or Fireblade not good enough?

Z1000 or Fireblade not good enough?

No they are good enough & is actually what I owned in the States ( Blade )

Which by the way I did not like as much as my 600RR there.

( That is a whole other subject though )

But where as I may have been born at night I was not born last night wink.png

Just cannot bring myself to shell out $26,000 USD in a land where my earning potential is a fraction

of back home & where the same bike back home (only better as not restricted in anyway)

sells for about half that new.

But as I said I accept that here is here & there is there.

Don't mind me if I whine about it a little laugh.png

Which is why I put some focus on the 500cc & smaller bikes.

As there was much potential there to cure the price/performance imbalance

Because as I said history of all the big 4 bike manufacturers had some fine bikes in those ranges

in years gone by.

Edited by mania