Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to hear your accident. Insurance works all i know if it is first class one. Did you call the insurance guys?

LL I heard earlier calling BW that it wont cover if you didnt hit anyone or a car or bike hit you. I paid 9,100 bht for the insurance they offered in a shop.

Sorry to hear your accident. Insurance works all i know if it is first class one. Did you call the insurance guys?

LL I heard earlier calling BW that it wont cover if you didnt hit anyone or a car or bike hit you. I paid 9,100 bht for the insurance they offered in a shop.
You payed 9,100 bht I would presume that is indeed first class insurance and should cover everything,just tell them a car reversed into your bike in tesco car park,the accident was probably from oil or diesel on the road

You payed 9,100 bht I would presume that is indeed first class insurance and should cover everything,just tell them a car reversed into your bike in tesco car park,the accident was probably from oil or diesel on the road

I think you need a police report to file an insurance claim so not sure that would work. Insurance here for bikes is not the best compared to the west where if you have premium or full coverage everything is covered even if you dump the bike around a corner which is why I never purchase first class insurance on a bike in Thailand. Of course I have never had to make a claim yet, knock on wood, I might be wrong.

Really sorry to hear about your bike, is seems you are okay though or will heal up okay which is more important long term than the bike.

Edited by commande

You want to encourage him to do insurance fraud? Everything is everything, so why telling lies? Best would be to call the insurance and not listen to BigWing.

Edit: OK, if simple "falls" are not covered by first class insurance than forget it. Didn't know this.

Edited by wantan

Edit: OK, if simple "falls" are not covered by first class insurance than forget it. Didn't know this.

Your correct, not only simple falls but if your blown off the road by a big truck at night or your bike is pushed over in the parking lot and you can't prove you were they won't cover that either. It's really crappy bike insurance here in Thailand OR I just haven't found a better company yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by commande

Your correct, not only simple falls but if your blown off the road by a big truck at night or your bike is pushed over in the parking lot and you can't prove you were they won't cover that either. It's really crappy bike insurance here in Thailand OR I just haven't found a better company yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So what would you guys suggest. Someone broke into my house and kitchen, have ppl to prove it. Can say my bike was knocked down or something. I filed that on the police report. When i came in bike was on the side, but no damage apart from gear change.

So what would you guys suggest. Someone broke into my house and kitchen, have ppl to prove it. Can say my bike was knocked down or something. I filed that on the police report. When i came in bike was on the side, but no damage apart from gear change.

Honestly all I can suggest is that you ensure that the police report states everything about what happened and then contact your insurance company to see if they will pay. The police report should support your case but there is no guarantee of anything here unless your policy states it's covered.

Edited by commande

This is the problem here ,you would think first class insurance covers everything just as our fully comprehensive insurance in the west,sometimes you have to use a little common sense if you think your insurance isn't gonna pay out example car pulls out from side road on you ,you think your gonna hit car so you have to lay bike down and slide it along road ,car driver completely oblivious to what they have done and just drives of I would expect my first class insurance to cover me if not why is it called first class

Honestly all I can suggest is that you ensure that the police report states everything about what happened and then contact your insurance company to see if they will pay. The police report should support your case but there is no guarantee of anything here unless your policy states it's covered.

Think that if u fall down or accident happened u need to call them on the spot. right?

The manufacture engineered the machine

Your getting warmer

So basically your saying they engineered this engine with the valves so tight from the factory that after

600 miles they need to be checked & possibly slacked/adjusted?

Hey main thing is your happy & feel it is all biz as usual.......

Perhaps re-read the original post..... it was never about whether or not Honda

was right. Of course if they see this build as needing a valve adjustment at 600 miles then it does.

That was not the problem folks had with it. But most of that Whooshed right over your head.

Fugget about it ... wink.png

Edited by mania

Your getting warmer

So basically your saying they engineered this engine with the valves so tight from the factory that after

was right. Of course if they see this build as needing a valve adjustment at 600 miles then it does.

That was not the problem folks had with it. But most of that Whooshed right over your head.

We have a winner....coffee1.gif

Sorry to hear your accident. Insurance works all i know if it is first class one. Did you call the insurance guys?LL I heard earlier calling BW that it wont cover if you didnt hit anyone or a car or bike hit you. I paid 9,100 bht for the insurance they offered in a shop.You payed 9,100 bht I would presume that is indeed first class insurance and should cover everything,just tell them a car reversed into your bike in tesco car park,the accident was probably from oil or diesel on the roadYou want to encourage him to do insurance fraud? Everything is everything, so why telling lies? Best would be to call the insurance and not listen to BigWing.Edit: OK, if simple "falls" are not covered by first class insurance than forget it. Didn't know this.

If they encourage us to get a 1st class insurance like 'all will be covered', we can encourage him to tell some white lies too.

As long as i am having a blast with my bike without any glitches and all my services done nicely always on time for nearly 8000 km, the talks about 1000 km valve clearance sound absurd for me especially if it is from kawa owners:D

If they want to check, let them check. They check it for cheap anyway.

I think it is better to check it at 1000 km rather than 12k km. Maybe kawa needs to change some shims too at 1000 km service. Who knows?

If there is something wrong with the engine, i am sure i notice it untill 8000 km and post it here.

• Like 1

Think that if u fall down or accident happened u need to call them on the spot. right?

You can always drive into another bike or car and then you can claim it with you're 1st class insurance. nope single accidents aren't covered. Its abit tricky know perhaps...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by xastunts

As long as i am having a blast with my bike without any glitches and all my services done nicely always on time for nearly 8000 km, the talks about 1000 km valve clearance sound absurd for me especially if it is from kawa owners:D

If they want to check, let them check. They check it for cheap anyway.

I think it is better to check it at 1000 km rather than 12k km. Maybe kawa needs to change some shims too at 1000 km service. Who knows?

If there is something wrong with the engine, i am sure i notice it untill 8000 km and post it here.

Kawa knows as i posted the service interval for my bike. Not sure about others kawa models. I just dont understand why they all cant be the same?

Went to k speed shop at rama 2 road last weekend.

Bought k speed protective door knobs - sliders -, front shock adjusters, a set of flush mounts and tank cap carbon sticker.

Total cost 3350 thb including installation.

Sliders are for temporary basis as i do not like the design and waiting for bikers or a good brand to do something. But for 1100 thb it has a good value. My knees rarely touch them under hard braking so definitely not a super design but all sliders in the market now has the same problem about touchy knees as they all connect only by one specific mount point. So will wait with those door knobs until something proper arrives.

Flush mounts - for 700 thb plus 200 thb for some extra parts and wires to install it - just for try. Little big for my eyes but it is ok. Less visibility than stock signals from front but more visibility from sides. I m still not sure about them. Changing the rear signals to leds soon as well a cool design one from my cbr250.

And fork adjusters - no red color left unfortunately - made the front more planted with an inch if adjustment. You really feel it. Impressive for 1000 thb:lol: but bad quality as it got scratched while they were installing it with the help of plastic bag patches.

Besides, stopped by Brian's place today and bought bikers red plate holder, all aluminum cool design, for 1600 thb only!

I love modding my bike:lol:

Good fun for these prices!

post-114750-13674083932926_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13674084089048_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13674084361446_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13674084567778_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13674084773373_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13674084972048_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13674085162111_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13674085820472_thumb.jpg

post-114750-1367408596519_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13674086156324_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13674086360278_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13674086537459_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13674088127695_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

why would any bike manufacturer take all that expense to check the valves after 1000km? maybe in thailand labour is cheap, but not in other markets.

They try to make a bike as cheap as possible so I think they have bona fide reasons to do this check ( read problems with test bikes)

Sorry to hear your accident. Insurance works all i know if it is first class one. Did you call the insurance guys?LL I heard earlier calling BW that it wont cover if you didnt hit anyone or a car or bike hit you. I paid 9,100 bht for the insurance they offered in a shop.You payed 9,100 bht I would presume that is indeed first class insurance and should cover everything,just tell them a car reversed into your bike in tesco car park,the accident was probably from oil or diesel on the roadYou want to encourage him to do insurance fraud? Everything is everything, so why telling lies? Best would be to call the insurance and not listen to BigWing.Edit: OK, if simple "falls" are not covered by first class insurance than forget it. Didn't know this.

If they encourage us to get a 1st class insurance like 'all will be covered', we can encourage him to tell some white lies too.
Nope, i would encourage him to take more care, as its now the second time his bike fell down. First time while standing iirr. Imagine this would be covered every time by insurance. Many people wouldn't take any care anymore and insurance prices would be same as in the west. But i would call the insurance and ask for this particular case. Asap. Than you know it for sure. I wouldn't do a fraud in LOS just for some thousand baht. Its not worth to risk it. Such things sound like typical bar talk to me.

Nope, i would encourage him to take more care, as its now the second time his bike fell down. First time while standing iirr. Imagine this would be covered every time by insurance. Many people wouldn't take any care anymore and insurance prices would be same as in the west. But i would call the insurance and ask for this particular case. Asap. Than you know it for sure. I wouldn't do a fraud in LOS just for some thousand baht. Its not worth to risk it. Such things sound like typical bar talk to me.

i agree with you there wanton regarding lying to insurance as it seems we are talking only cluth lever and gear pedal which you coild replace for 2000 bht easily wouldnt even be contacting insurance over that,i cant be bothrerd to look for original post but did it mention any other damage ie fairings

Went to k speed shop at rama 2 road last weekend. Bought k speed protective door knobs - sliders -, front shock adjusters,

Congrats LL

Sliders are one of the best first accessory investments to make smile.png

Like the fork preload adjusters too.

That rear license plate bracket is pretty massive though. wink.png

Edited by mania

Went to k speed shop at rama 2 road last weekend. Bought k speed protective door knobs - sliders -, front shock adjusters,Congrats LLSliders are one of the best first accessory investments to make Like the fork preload adjusters too.That rear license plate bracket is pretty massive though.

Thanks mania. There are not many parts around for 500 series so while waiting for proper options, just got them while passing close to k speed. They are not the best but it is cheap fun.

Plate holder looks better and less busy when the plate is on no worries:D and a tail tidy will come eventually!

Not super sure about the flush mounts though.

Edited by loserlazer

Thanks mania. There are not many parts around for 500 series so while waiting for proper options, just got them while passing close to k speed. They are not the best but it is cheap fun.

Plate holder looks better and less busy when the plate is on no worries:D and a tail tidy will come eventually!

Not super sure about the flush mounts though.

On the Tail Tidy you should consider getting the parts rather than

the tidy tail kits

I did this to mine....Just got a couple flush mount lights & a flasher relay

along with a small plate bracket. The turn signals are very bright & no problem.

Got rid of the large rear fender/plate holder light deal & the large turn signals

PS:

Hey also I have seen a CBR500 with that Corse Titanium exhaust I mentioned to you before.

Looked good

Edited by mania

Mania cbr500 tail is not same as ninja.

It is a big part nearly connecting above the shock. I can only cut it but i dont want.

The plate holder is adjustable so i can fit it to any tail tidy. And for me looks superb for others i dont care really.

Corsa looks so thin for me. I am about to order yoshimura r 77. Sounds the best and looks better than leo vince corsa. Corsa is made in indonesia and welding looks poor.

Check the photos. Full system is around 700 usd.

post-114750-13674989610638_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13674990306483_thumb.jpg

Your getting warmer

I think Honda have been sensitive about their engine top ends since the 1984 debacle with the VFR750 and it`s chocolate camshaft that cost Honda a lot of customers and an absolute fortune to put right. A 1000km valve check on such a low powered, lightly stressed engine like the 470cc twin does seem like overkill.

Mania cbr500 tail is not same as ninja. It is a big part nearly connecting above the shock. I can only cut it but i dont want. The plate holder is adjustable so i can fit it to any tail tidy. And for me looks superb for others i dont care really. Corsa looks so thin for me. I am about to order yoshimura r 77. Sounds the best and looks better than leo vince corsa. Corsa is made in indonesia and welding looks poor. Check the photos. Full system is around 700 usd.

Yeah funny you should mention that.

I was just at a shop today & they had like 3 Honda's sitting there so I was looking

at the tail & yes massive. Not something easily modded by the looks of it. sad.png

As for the exhaust yes Yosh is nice & has actually made a new one called R-11

Your confused on the Corse I am speaking of is the one I told you about before.

It is not a Leo Vince

It is sold by a Thai company called Alias No Limit

The exhaust is titanium looks well made & I believe is made in Italy

Not sure if they have both full & slip for the Honda I know they do both for the Kawa's

They had some pics of a 500 with one on their FB page

Dont know who the guy is it is from their FB page smile.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

Huh. Ok. Got it. That one looks good too. I remember that. But pretty fixed on yoshi now and it needs to be a full system. Hard to decide on pipe man!

Yeah these days I think the manufacturers have the bikes so close already that you just pick what you like

for sound & looks. Because gains all look about the same & not that big.

All seem roughly equal with pipe,filter,ecu upgrade

I did not see the Alias/Corse full system for the Honda but did see this for the N250

Welds look good & titanium should be light & last awhile

Edited by mania