Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

And a bad news:

Yesterday bigwing guys confirmed me that cbr500 has 47 hp on crank not wheel:(

Three days ago three bigwing guys confirmed me 47 hp on rear wheel and yesterday another story.

I guess bigwing is new and they dont know what they are saying/doing!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

And of.course those figures change dyno to dyno

Yeah i agree.

Lets wait for dyno tests.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was told by the sales guy at the expo that the prices will be the same in the future at Bigwing, and that the only special 'price' you got was the ability to make just a 5% down payment on buying the bike plus the fuel coupon.

Did they say what it would be after the show???

sent from my Q6

Edited by thaicbr

I heard the Big Wing dyno shows low numbers.

Of course, like the Big Wing guy's comments, that's neither here nor there. smile.png

I'm sure somebody will have one dyno'd up on youtube in the not too distant future.

Edited by cbrer

I was told by the sales guy at the expo that the prices will be the same in the future at Bigwing, and that the only special 'price' you got was the ability to make just a 5% down payment on buying the bike plus the fuel coupon.

Did they say what it would be after the show???

sent from my Q6

Normally 20% down depending if you have a co-signer

And a bad news:

Three days ago three bigwing guys confirmed me 47 hp on rear wheel and yesterday another story.

I think in your excitement you're expecting way too much from these Honda salespeople. They're Thai - they'll say yes, or whatever you want to hear; but at the same time unless your'e talking to a tuner or a racer, nobody will even know the difference between crank/wheel HP... they're sales people. They can tell you the price. The color of the bike. And not much else.

Best to do it yourself once the bike is properly broken in...

And if you want to hear some good news on the HP debate - I recall reading somewhere - I think HFL - how the HP rating of these new Honda 500s are exactly on the limit for one of the European motorcycle license tiers. Which means it can probably do more....

Edited by nikster
  • Like 2

And a bad news:

I think in your excitement you're expecting way too much from these Honda salespeople. They're Thai - they'll say yes, or whatever you want to hear; but at the same time unless your'e talking to a tuner or a racer, nobody will even know the difference between crank/wheel HP... they're sales people. They can tell you the price. The color of the bike. And not much else.

Best to do it yourself once the bike is properly broken in...

What about the manager itself nikster?

Dont see them low as they know everything about bikes. They are not ordinary sales staff frim central world shoe section man.

I m not expecting too much and beleive me all honda bigwing staff are aware what s crank hp and what s rwhp.

They just dont have the info. That s what i m complaining.

Edited by loserlazer

Honestly, even the Managers at most 'Franchises' know very little about the detailed technical specifications of their bikes.

An engine's power output is often measured, from the crank, with ram-air, in a closed environment with ideal conditions and anything else that will help to reach it's highest possible figure.

I would expect that figure to be from the crank, but as mentioned previously, there are two different models for different tiers....

Who knows biggrin.png

Edited by karlos
  • Like 1

Honestly, even the Managers at most 'Franchises' know very little about the detailed technical specifications of their bikes.

An engine's power output is often measured, from the crank, with ram-air, in a closed environment with ideal conditions and anything else that will help to reach it's highest possible figure.

I would expect that figure to be from the crank, but as mentioned previously, there are two different models for different tiers....

Who knows biggrin.png

Can you provide a link where there are actually two tiers confirmed? Remembering correctly nobody has done that yet however it keeps getting repeated.

Take it easy guys.

I m just stating information here.

I know what a manager in thailand than many of you here i m sure as a corporate drone for 5 years as a managing director guy in charge of 5-6 managers so please i dont need a sermon about thai people and how they work/act!

Honda bigwing needs a little bit more time to reach maturity as they are new, bikes are new so do their staff i m sure.

And bikes will be 47 crank hp i m sure and beg/hope to be proven wrong:D

Edited by loserlazer

Who knows biggrin.png

Can you provide a link where there are actually two tiers confirmed? Remembering correctly nobody has done that yet however it keeps getting repeated.

The report claims 53 rwbhp for America and every where else 47 rwbhp ,it also Says 498cc engine size not confirmed by Honda themselves though

Seriously guys give the horse power thing a rest, its a 500cc bike that doesnt look much bigger than a 250. If its horse power you want buy a bigger more powerful bike.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Thaivisa Connect App

You're missing the point. It's not whether the bike has teh mostest HP, because let's be honest--that six HP isn't much for the weight especially when a larger farang gets on it, but rather what is the correct information.

If incorrect information is given and pushed by certain people without protest than what is the point talking about the bike? Much as a certain boardmember who sells Chinese bikes is not adverse to distorting the facts and thus rightly is denigrated and has doubt cast on all his posts, shouldn't we endeavour to not perpetuate the same issue?

As a side note, the sly jab at the size is a bit childish; after all here at the sizes for bikes commonly sold in the Kingdom (with the exception that the first on the list outsells all the models from the other manufacturer put together...my childish comeback :( )

Honda CBR 250

L 2,035 mm (80.1 in)

W 720 mm (28 in)

H 1,125 mm (44.3 in)

Seat 780 mm (31 in)

Honda CBR 500

L 2,082 mm (82 in)

W 739 mm (29.1 in)

H 1,144 mm (45 in)

Seat 785 mm (31 in)

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

L 2085 mm (82.1 in)

W 713.7 mm (28.1 in)

H 1,109.9 mm (43.7 in)

Seat 774.7 mm (30.5 in)

Kawasaki ER-6N/F

L 2,100 mm (83 in)

W 760 mm (30 in)

H 1,210 mm (48 in)

Seat 790 mm (31 in)

Other than the height of the ER-6, which doesn't translate into seat height strangely enough, there is little separating the 'big' bikes from the 'small' bikes size wise irrespective of manufacturer.

I was at the motorshow yesterday and went straight to the Honda booth.

I sat on the CB500F and it felt good. Had the feeling I was cheating on my current bike, but it felt so good. If all the reviews come out good, I will definitely get one.

Had a talk with one of the Honda guys.

He told me the red one will be available in January and the black one in February. But here I read people are getting them on December 11.

I only asked about the CB500F.

After the show, the only thing that will change are the intrest rates, they will go up.

And Loserlazer, the 3000 baht coupon was also for the 500 series.

I was at the motorshow yesterday and went straight to the Honda booth.

I sat on the CB500F and it felt good. Had the feeling I was cheating on my current bike, but it felt so good. If all the reviews come out good, I will definitely get one.

Had a talk with one of the Honda guys.

He told me the red one will be available in January and the black one in February. But here I read people are getting them on December 11.

I only asked about the CB500F.

After the show, the only thing that will change are the intrest rates, they will go up.

And Loserlazer, the 3000 baht coupon was also for the 500 series.

They told me that I'd be getting it on the Dec. 10. If they are saying Jan. and Feb. now, it must mean the first lot bikes have already sold out.

• Like 1

First of all, sorry for my hard post yesterday and if i offended someone. I was a little moody i guess.

I checked the list on Saturday and for cbr500 there were nearly a hundred people listed!

It was only 6 people on Thursday.

cb500f list was still fine but i see a long list for that too!

It looks like people liked the bikes and i can see long waiting lists on them.

So, reserve it now or wait 3-4 months.

Brian, can you confirm the crank hp numbers of 500 series. I am sure you now some people there close enough. Thanks in advance.

Edited by loserlazer

I got it from the start of this thread, i'm sure i clicked a link somewhere along the line that stated two power levels.

It could all be down to the confusion of the EU upping the maximum power limit to 47bhp (forgot the maximum power to weight ratio) on the 19th of Jan 2013 for new riders without a full license.

Wish i had a bit more time to dig out what's really goong on, but I must dash now. Byeeeeeeeee :D

So what's the redline on these?

8500 RPM

Good lord.

Is that a joke?

The CBR250 is mocked for having a 10.5k redline.

If 8.5k redline, what RPM does the limiter kick in at? 9.5k?

That kinda passes for the F and X models, but for the sports model that's done to look like a race bike, bit of poor form from Honda, they should tune it differently for that model to get an 11 or 12 redline at least.

8.5k! Blimey.

Edited by cbrer

Wait until someone rides it.. for gods sake :P

sent from my Q6

Don't worry, I predict it will be the perfect bike for Thailand (on ThaiVisa anyway). Anything more than this bike will suddenly be deemed dangerous, nothing more than bar talk for liars and posers.

Just like the CBR250 was the perfect size a few months ago :)