Army Had No Rubber Bullets In 2010, Weng Says

webfact

You can kind of see his point. Weng says they did not have rubber bullets - now when he said that, do you think it might be in response to the army saying their snipers, sorry marksmen, were only using rubber bullets.

Now take that a little bit further. These snipers/marksmen we are told were put in place to protect soldiers, well, officers on the ground who were under threat of deadly force.

Now what do you think would be the point of equipping the snipers/marksmen with only rubber bullets? They are there supposedly to protect their fellow officers with supposedly non deadly ammo (depends how near to one you are and where it hits you) but not much use if someone was armed with a war weapon, so are they lying?

Now you're Weng, you've seen the results of deadly fire from snipers (the number of head shots with high velocity bullets points to a fair bit of sniper activity) and you've got a bit of a gut feeling that the army are telling lies about using rubber bullets. He has a list of snipers and a list of dead bodies and where they were shot.I'd imagine he'd want to compare those two lists for evidence for the inquests.

There are inquests going on I'm sure you are aware. The army have already tried to intefere and delay the results.

Just my two satang worth...........

"the army saying their snipers, sorry marksmen, were only using rubber bullets." Wasn't that said regarding a specific sunny day in May, 2010, like the 15th?

AS for army delaying, having UDD leaders as Pheu Thai party list MPs doesn't help must either. Flipflopping from MP to UDD leader and back whenever convenient.

Oh btw rubber bullets?

http://www.flickr.co...lie/4574194750/

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And........I suppose that those mysterious 'men in black' were using spud guns and water pistols that go bang!!!!.

Have I ever said that , No, so why bring it up? The mysterious "men in black" were armed. As to who they were, that's never been solved, which is strange because the government of the time claimed to have military intelligence that there were 500 of them ( enough to warrant a military response of 30,000 soldiers, apparently) yet none were arrested. Well, I find it strange, with that number of security forces milling about.

Weng said he also asked the DSI to probe the death of Sergeant First Class Pongchalit Pittayanontakan on May 17, 2010 near Silom, to try to find out if he was killed by a militia force or security officials.

I'm really surprised here. This is a soldier, not a red-shirt. More over he's not on the list of 83 from one of our esteemed members here rolleyes.gif

Do you have a problem with that list rubl, I explained a couple of times so I thought would have understood by now? If you'd like to PM me I'm quite prepared to explain it to you again, no matter how long it takes. I just feel we shouldn't waste any more of the forums time just so you can have a little flame.

My apologies, I thought for red-shirt minded people the others didn't count being special/security/militia/army/police forces, or just simple non-red-shirts. At least that was suggested in your explanation on 83

Mind you, your explanations tend to be a wee bit incoherent, you're lucky jayboy seldom if ever responds to them. I'm not going to repeat your zigzagging here, just move back if you want

http://www.thaivisa....2010-crackdown/

And........I suppose that those mysterious 'men in black' were using spud guns and water pistols that go bang!!!!.

Have I ever said that , No, so why bring it up? The mysterious "men in black" were armed. As to who they were, that's never been solved, which is strange because the government of the time claimed to have military intelligence that there were 500 of them ( enough to warrant a military response of 30,000 soldiers, apparently) yet none were arrested. Well, I find it strange, with that number of security forces milling about.

Exactly what is it that you are exclaiming you never said??

You can kind of see his point. Weng says they did not have rubber bullets - now when he said that, do you think it might be in response to the army saying their snipers, sorry marksmen, were only using rubber bullets.

Now take that a little bit further. These snipers/marksmen we are told were put in place to protect soldiers, well, officers on the ground who were under threat of deadly force.

Now what do you think would be the point of equipping the snipers/marksmen with only rubber bullets? They are there supposedly to protect their fellow officers with supposedly non deadly ammo (depends how near to one you are and where it hits you) but not much use if someone was armed with a war weapon, so are they lying?

Now you're Weng, you've seen the results of deadly fire from snipers (the number of head shots with high velocity bullets points to a fair bit of sniper activity) and you've got a bit of a gut feeling that the army are telling lies about using rubber bullets. He has a list of snipers and a list of dead bodies and where they were shot.I'd imagine he'd want to compare those two lists for evidence for the inquests.

There are inquests going on I'm sure you are aware. The army have already tried to intefere and delay the results.

Just my two satang worth...........

"the army saying their snipers, sorry marksmen, were only using rubber bullets." Wasn't that said regarding a specific sunny day in May, 2010, like the 15th?

AS for army delaying, having UDD leaders as Pheu Thai party list MPs doesn't help must either. Flipflopping from MP to UDD leader and back whenever convenient.

Oh btw rubber bullets?

Ah at last a picture of an RTA soldier with a rubber bullet adaptor on their M16. Even though he appears to be a "ground based" troop and not a sniper who we're told were firing rubber bullets only, the photo is part of series taken on 2nd May.

There is one more shot in that series that is quite interesting - that being of the BIB all equipped with riot gear. Mind you they are just relaxing - probably nothing to do , especially with the army doing all the crowd control stuff with full ammunition but a reminder to those on this forum who excused the army being used because the police supposedly weren't doing there job.

It's just a shame that the photos are copyright but if forum members go to the link rubl provided they can plainly see that the snipers in the pictures below are most definitely not firing "rubber bullets"

sniper.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot...1600/sniper.jpg

No rubber bullet adaptor there

army-snipers.jpg

No, definitely not....................

http://www.google.co...29,r:3,s:0,i:84

"And........I suppose that those mysterious 'men in black' were using spud guns and water pistols that go bang!!!!."

Basically, your entire post. I didn't say that, it adds nothing to the thread, so why waste mine and others time by posting that as a resonse to my post.

I doubt there are rubber bullets for AKA-47

Then you are wrong. There certainly are rubber bullets available for this weapon. The AK and the AKA47 are not exactly the same. The AK can fire fully automatic rounds and also selective fire while the AKA is a semi-automatic gun.

• Like 1

Weng said he also asked the DSI to probe the death of Sergeant First Class Pongchalit Pittayanontakan on May 17, 2010 near Silom, to try to find out if he was killed by a militia force or security officials.

I'm really surprised here. This is a soldier, not a red-shirt. More over he's not on the list of 83 from one of our esteemed members here rolleyes.gif

Do you have a problem with that list rubl, I explained a couple of times so I thought would have understood by now? If you'd like to PM me I'm quite prepared to explain it to you again, no matter how long it takes. I just feel we shouldn't waste any more of the forums time just so you can have a little flame.

My apologies, I thought for red-shirt minded people the others didn't count being special/security/militia/army/police forces, or just simple non-red-shirts. At least that was suggested in your explanation on 83

Mind you, your explanations tend to be a wee bit incoherent, you're lucky jayboy seldom if ever responds to them. I'm not going to repeat your zigzagging here, just move back if you want

Haven't a clue what you're on about. That link just points me to a thread. What post are you struggling with?

Pheu Thai Party MP Weng Tojirakarn yesterday dismissed Army Chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha's statement that the military used rubber bullets during the red-shirt riots in 2010.

Weng said he had checked and found the military did not have rubber bullets during the time of the riots.

There are literally hundreds thousands of contradictions to that assessment.

http://www.time.com/...l#ixzz269JAykU4

Thai troops fire rubber bullets

http://www.abc.net.a...at-anti/2574412

Red shirt demonstrators have hurled petrol bombs after troops fired rubber bullets and tear gas.

http://www.wopular.c...move-red-shirts

Thai troops fired rubber bullets at opposition "red shirts" on Saturday as they moved in to clear a protest site in Bangkok

http://wisdomquarter...rs-15-dead.html

protesters were pushed back by water cannons and rubber bullets from the headquarters of the 1st Army Region

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...f-thailand.html

Thai security forces fire rubber bullets

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

"And........I suppose that those mysterious 'men in black' were using spud guns and water pistols that go bang!!!!."

Basically, your entire post. I didn't say that, it adds nothing to the thread, so why waste mine and others time by posting that as a resonse to my post.

"They also had M16's, shotguns and live ammunition as well. They work very well against unarmed protesters and Cameramen".

Are you claiming that you didn't make these comments in *28?

Well I was just balancing it out from your biased remarks implying that only one side were armed and shooting people by sarcastically recalling the role that 'the men in black' played in this unfortunate clash!!

I actually blame the red shirt leaders for not resolving the situation in the November before wh,en they refused to yield and compromise to Abhisit's fair and reasonable suggestion of holding early elections if they told their henchmen to disperse - not to mention their overt incitement to riot and burn Bangkok down!!!

Haven't a clue what you're on about. That link just points me to a thread. What post are you struggling with?

Well, looking at your description of how you got to the list of 83 I assume with Pheu Thai party list MP and UDD leader Dr. weng just having spoken you will add 1 to that list ? I mean one more "more than likely shot by the security forces" (*). Mind you, the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has disclosed further details on the 91 deaths from the red-shirt mass riot in 2010, saying 36 of them might have been caused by army officers.

(*) PPD quote http://www.thaivisa....25#entry5649753

Oh btw rubber bullets?

Ah at last a picture of an RTA soldier with a rubber bullet adaptor on their M16. Even though he appears to be a "ground based" troop and not a sniper who we're told were firing rubber bullets only, the photo is part of series taken on 2nd May.

There is one more shot in that series that is quite interesting - that being of the BIB all equipped with riot gear. Mind you they are just relaxing - probably nothing to do , especially with the army doing all the crowd control stuff with full ammunition but a reminder to those on this forum who excused the army being used because the police supposedly weren't doing there job.

It's just a shame that the photos are copyright but if forum members go to the link rubl provided they can plainly see that the snipers in the pictures below are most definitely not firing "rubber bullets"

No rubber bullet adaptors on two undated photo's.

Anyway the photo's at the flickr link bring up (not really fond) memories. Those soldiers showing rubber bullets are sitting in front of U Chu Liang where my office is. An office company told us to stay away from for two weeks.

Maybe all the evidence went the same way as the millions of bullets the army was supposed to have fired along with all the death and damage caused.

• Like 1

Oh btw rubber bullets?

Anyway the photo's at the flickr link bring up (not really fond) memories. Those soldiers showing rubber bullets are sitting in front of U Chu Liang where my office is. An office company told us to stay away from for two weeks.

Well I'm sure it was a well deserved holiday. As has been discussed before the photos were taken on the 15th May, your memory must be getting bad. Those two soldiers are the ones that are lying about firing rubber bullets only that day, didn't even know about the deaths down below according to them. And the army and prayuth are backing them up. Nasty.

If you increase your own ferocity to match your opponent you will never bring an end until one side or the other is eliminated. Isn’t that what we see now? One side has to be more adult, more thoughtful, more clever, do the ‘security force’ want to win at any cost or do they want to bring a diplomatic end in a diplomatic country?

(Armoured water cannon will shield against grenades and blow away grenade throwers without injury to the security force.)

If you don't increase your own ferocity to match your opponent, all that happens is that you're opponent wins and you're eliminated.

Diplomatic solutions were offered to the red shirts and rejected.

Using those parameters it would then be OK for every single one of the red shirts protesting on the 10th April to bring a gun and live ammunition to the protest. Did that happen, No, so why did the Army tool up with live ammo?

If you increase your own ferocity to match your opponent you will never bring an end until one side or the other is eliminated. Isn’t that what we see now? One side has to be more adult, more thoughtful, more clever, do the ‘security force’ want to win at any cost or do they want to bring a diplomatic end in a diplomatic country?

(Armoured water cannon will shield against grenades and blow away grenade throwers without injury to the security force.)

If you don't increase your own ferocity to match your opponent, all that happens is that you're opponent wins and you're eliminated.

Diplomatic solutions were offered to the red shirts and rejected.

Using those parameters it would then be OK for every single one of the red shirts protesting on the 10th April to bring a gun and live ammunition to the protest. Did that happen, No, so why did the Army tool up with live ammo?

This is going to be like pouring kerosene into the fire, but it can be argued that many people attending the red shirt rallies showed remarkable restraint, calm and courage in the face of a sustained army show of force and unwarranted belligerence, including sniper shots to flag wavers and other "terrorists ". ( sorry, I meant citizens )

The issue of about 2,500 casualties seems not yet to be addressed, where are the supposed 500 armed to the teeth men in black and how surprising that none have been arrested or charged and that so far, the only folks charged with the central arson are a couple of underage shoplifters and 2 or 3 other guys against whom there seems to be little evidence.

Not withstanding 30,000 troops in the area and god only knows who else, plus at least a few hundred cctv cameras.

Interesting that, isn't it ?

• Like 1

Well I'm sure it was a well deserved holiday. As has been discussed before the photos were taken on the 15th May, your memory must be getting bad. Those two soldiers are the ones that are lying about firing rubber bullets only that day, didn't even know about the deaths down below according to them. And the army and prayuth are backing them up. Nasty.

Who was talking about a holiday? Being in IT offers various opportunities, my dear chap, like working at home or at a customer side smile.png

Anyway, nice pictures of snipers, but as far as I remember it's only you who has dated a clip and now two photo's. Terribly sorry and no offence, but I would like a second opinion on that.

Now back to the OP, there were rubber bullets wai.gif

Pheu Thai Party MP Weng Tojirakarn yesterday dismissed Army Chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha's statement that the military used rubber bullets during the red-shirt riots in 2010.

Weng said he had checked and found the military did not have rubber bullets during the time of the riots.

Red shirt demonstrators have hurled petrol bombs after troops fired rubber bullets and tear gas.

Thai troops fired rubber bullets at opposition "red shirts" on Saturday as they moved in to clear a protest site in Bangkok

protesters were pushed back by water cannons and rubber bullets from the headquarters of the 1st Army Region

buchlolz i find myself in agreement with you, it is a ludicrous statement to say they never used rubber bullets, as i pointed out on P1

it's just as ludicrous as saying they didn't use live rounds before the live fire zone was declared.

• Like 1

Who was talking about a holiday? Being in IT offers various opportunities, my dear chap, like working at home or at a customer side smile.png

Anyway, nice pictures of snipers, but as far as I remember it's only you who has dated a clip and now two photo's. Terribly sorry and no offence, but I would like a second opinion on that.

Now back to the OP, there were rubber bullets wai.gif

http://ibnlive.in.com/photogallery/1871.html#1871-3.html

http://www.ekantipur.com/2010/05/15/world/thai-pm-defends-deadly-army-crackdown-in-bangkok/314384.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8684506.stm

All of the above sites date the photographs as having been taken on the 15th May.

You could have saved yourself a lot of embarassment if you had accepted my word and my previous links ( I understand that your MO is to pretend you've never been told something before and keep on asking for it until hopefully it or I go away, a trait you share with a few others I've found) - but I didn't lie about the date, why should I?

Now if you want to apologise for doubting me thats fine but please do not expect me to carry on telling you the same information time after time. I've got better things to do with my life. You're on your own kiddo, I tell you once, thats it. Believe it if you will if not that's your problem.

sorry be rather glancing over this thread rather than reading through it all, but is it actually being suggested that the army snipers were using rubber bullets as their modus operandi?? smile.png

sorry be rather glancing over this thread rather than reading through it all, but is it actually being suggested that the army snipers were using rubber bullets as their modus operandi?? smile.png

Apparently.............

Seems it's a recognised military tactic, you put snipers on the roofs of high rise buildings and give them rubber bullets and paint balls.

Perhaps even whistles.

Gravity ( or men in black ) ( or people running into bullets that didn't exist and weren't fired anyway ) does the rest.

Interesting little article here.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2012-09/11/content_15749498.htm

Edited by philw

buchlolz i find myself in agreement with you, it is a ludicrous statement to say they never used rubber bullets, as i pointed out on P1

< off-topic comments snipped >

The topic in the OP is rubber bullets and the statement by indicted Red Shirt Leader Weng that the Army didn't have them.

I agree it's ludicrous of him to say so.

http://ibnlive.in.co...tml#1871-3.html

http://www.ekantipur...kok/314384.html

http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/8684506.stm

All of the above sites date the photographs as having been taken on the 15th May.

You could have saved yourself a lot of embarassment if you had accepted my word and my previous links ( I understand that your MO is to pretend you've never been told something before and keep on asking for it until hopefully it or I go away, a trait you share with a few others I've found) - but I didn't lie about the date, why should I?

Now if you want to apologise for doubting me thats fine but please do not expect me to carry on telling you the same information time after time. I've got better things to do with my life. You're on your own kiddo, I tell you once, thats it. Believe it if you will if not that's your problem.

My dear phiphidon, you didn't post these links before. Interesting is to read 'army take position after getting fire from anti-government protesters', of course the army chaps would just carry on as usual shooting rubber bullets against these peaceful protesters. Another link has ''Tharit, however, said that soldiers, including dozens of army snipers, who were only following orders from superiors, may not be included in the filing of charges. Only two of the snipers, both being non-commissioned officers, have been questioned by DSI officials so far."

Now with some posters speculating on who the MiB were and hint at government involvement, may I speculate that some snipers being deployed at various places decided or had decided for them that rubber bullets might be not quiet enough to counter fire from peaceful, unarmed anti-government protesters? Maybe more firepower in order as counter measure? Next we will hear that army personel in Ghandi Tshirts should have stopped those friendlies 'peace brother, peace'.

Anyway UDD leader Dr. weng knows full well that there were armed elements in the red-shirt camp, unless he needs new glasses of course and is a wee bit out of touch like some posters here. No rubber bullets? Maybe being a Pheu Thai party list MP does that to you?

The red shirts were throwing home made bombs, lighting cars on fire, looting, blocking off streets, lit shop houses on fire, burned tires, had snipers on roof tops and caused economic loss for fellow thais.

Who cares if they used rubber bullets, the correct solution would have been to use subsonic full metal jackets.

This seems like another tactic to delay the whole procedure by another year or two by ordering the DSI as to what they should do. Who the hell is he anyway to give orders to the police, that is the job of the police and the public prosecutors. I hope Weng produced the proof that the army did not have any rubber bullets.

"Who the hell is he anyway to give orders to the police"

Nowhere in the OP does it say he ordered anyone to do anything. Twice he asked for something and twice he said he wanted something.

What point are you trying to make? He has 'asked' for four items of information/action and stated he 'wants' four more items of information/action. In terms of legal implications in Thailand then if he has asked or wants it then if it suits Government purposes (i.e a delay) then the police will be told to oblige. I state again, it is the job of the public prosecutor to demand evidence for criminal trials or investigations and not MP's who are sticking their noses in to protect their own interests or to score political points.

My point is very simple, nowhere in the OP does it state that he gave orders to the police, so therefore your post is inaccurate and is merely your interpretation of the OP and not factual.

• Like 1