25 Things To Do In Bangkok

WilliaminBKK

Aren't there about 25 bars in Nana Plaza?

So... Now you have 25 things to do in Bangkok. Sorted!

Hey at least he didn't go low and mention places like Nana Plaza in his video - I like optimistic people and this guy did an good job IMHO.

Besides Nana Plaze can we add some more places everyone thinks are must see attractions ?

Folks from all over the globe look at Thai Visa for ideas and suggestions let's post some of them we enjoy.

Nice video, even had some places I didn't know about.

Unfortunately for me I don't like overcrowded places so many of these markets are a definite no-no.

What I would add though is the Siam Ocean World in the Paragorn building, the bus-boat combination trip to Ayudhya, the Jim Thompson House and an evening cocktail in the Sky Bar (expensive) on top of the Lebua hotel weather permitting which is 320 days a year.

Yermanee wai.gif

• Like 1

Woppeee, lets go to a crowded market or shopping center.

Yeah, I used to hold similar opinions but more recent malls are worth at least one visit like Terminal 21 and even Mega Bang Na. They have quite unique shops and are quite thoughtfully designed, especially the free play areas if you have kids.

• Like 1

Thanks William, first time I have seen that site, added to my bookmarks bar biggrin.png

However whilst we are discussing things to do in LOS and eating I would have to add this place. Posting 2 links as the site itself was under maintainance.

http://psychowatcher...um-in-thailand/

http://www.si.mahido...seums/en/m2.htm

BTW. Always find it amazing that more people have not seen this place as I have been there several times. Having said that I've always waited outside, really not my cup of tea sad.png

Edited by roamer

Start at Emporium, take bts to Terminal 21, take bts to Central Chidlom, then walk to Central World. Walk over to Paragon, then Siam Discovery and Siam Center, Walk across to MBK.

Take take taxi to MRT. Take MRT to Central Rama 9. Take Taxi to Central Lad Prao, tough choice now. Take taxi to Central Pinklao then over to Central Rama 2, followed by Central Rama 3 or Take taxi to Fashion Island, the Mall Bangkapi and Mega Bangna.

Supersize that!

Start at Emporium, take bts to Terminal 21, take bts to Central Chidlom, then walk to Central World. Walk over to Paragon, then Siam Discovery and Siam Center, Walk across to MBK.

Take take taxi to MRT. Take MRT to Central Rama 9. Take Taxi to Central Lad Prao, tough choice now. Take taxi to Central Pinklao then over to Central Rama 2, followed by Central Rama 3 or Take taxi to Fashion Island, the Mall Bangkapi and Mega Bangna.

Supersize that!

Try Platinum Mall James. Trust me....I wouldn't do that nightmare marathon once in any lifetime....rolleyes.gif

Woppeee, lets go to a crowded market or shopping center.

Yeah, I used to hold similar opinions but more recent malls are worth at least one visit like Terminal 21 and even Mega Bang Na. They have quite unique shops and are quite thoughtfully designed, especially the free play areas if you have kids.

I do agree they are an improvement but walking around shopping centers being followed and harrased by Thai sales staff aint my cup of Tea either.

I do agree they are an improvement but walking around shopping centers being followed and harrased by Thai sales staff aint my cup of Tea either.

Would you like it better if it were western sales staff ?

Just curious.

Yermanee wai.gif

No, just wish the Thai Staff had more training than a Samutprakarn Zoo monkey and didn't stand there staring at you or following you around the shop.

Maybe then it would be a little more enjoyable. biggrin.png

Supersize that!

Try Platinum Mall James. Trust me....I wouldn't do that nightmare marathon once in any lifetime....rolleyes.gif

Word, Smokie. Thats sounds like doing a full 42km marathon going from hot to cold to hot to cold to me. You need some professional training before going on that trip. But i guess some people really like shopping! I prefer relaxing.closedeyes.gif

Many thanks for posting the link to 25 things to do in Bangkok.

I enjoyed the video immensely and reading the posts that follow the video, I spotted another link

http://migrationology.com/2011/06/101-things-to-do-in-bangkok/

This page is great because it is presented as a list with pictures and a description.

I shall selectively print various venues and go off to explore.

For someone new to the area this is a wonderful guide.

I'll second his inclusion of Lumphini Park. thumbsup.gif It is a nice place and change of scene from all the frantic hustle and bustle of the city.

You can find a neat new friend there also.

post-152848-0-00157600-1347876779_thumb.

I would drop a couple of the markets if needed and include Wat Traimit (with the Golden Buddha) and the Snake Farm & show at the Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute (corner Henri Dunant Road and Rama IV Road). clap2.gif