Is The Cbest Exam Known In Thailand? Does It Count For Anything?

OK, So I have he CBEST exam, copied and passed. Will this get me a license?! Can't be that easy....eligible. Could you explain that a bit more pls?

I had a CA emergency license only and I dropped that +5 years ago (stopped renewing) - still have the copies though.

Thanks so much for all your help w/ my questions.

OK, So I have he CBEST exam, copied and passed. Will this get me a license?! Can't be that easy....eligible. Could you explain that a bit more pls?

I had a CA emergency license only and I dropped that +5 years ago (stopped renewing) - still have the copies though.

Thanks so much for all your help w/ my questions.

Here's some further info.
Teachers Council of Thailand (TCT) has developed Self-Assessments to help applicants

discover which requirements and standards they must meet prior applying for a license.

Route 1 : Persons who have had teaching experience with not less than 1 year and

1. Hold a degree in Education or

2. Hold other degrees and a teaching license from abroad or

3. Hold other degrees and a graduate diploma in Education with 1 year course of study.

In addition, they also must successfully complete a professional training course and pass

assessment of knowledge as follows:

(1) Thai language and culture

(2) Professional ethics

When they have passed the assessment according to (1) and (2), they can file an application.

In case of applicants’ teaching experience with less than 1 year, they shall provide a certification

letter, issued by an educational institution, and submit it to the TCT for issuing a teaching practice

certificate and permitting them to attend the training course.

Route 2 : Persons who have had teaching experience with not less 1 year and hold other degrees

without a teaching license from abroad; or those who do not hold a graduate diploma

in Education with a study course of not less than 1 year, must pass the test, training and

assessment as follows:

(2) Professional ethics

(3) Professional knowledge

When they have passed the assessment according to (1), (2) and (3), they can file an application.

In case of applicants’ teaching experience with less than 1 year, they shall provide a certification

letter, issued by an educational institution, and submit it to the TCT for issuing a teaching practice

certificate and permitting them to attend the training course, and professional knowledge test.

Route 3 : Persons who have had teaching experience with not less than 1 year, and also hold a

teaching license from abroad, but do not hold a degree must show a certification letter with a document pertaining to recognition and reliability of teaching experience issued by an educational institution.

To certify professional knowledge and experience must be done in accordance with the resolution of the TCT Board whereby applicants must successfully complete a training course and pass the assessment of knowledge as follows:

(2) Professional ethics

When they have passed the assessment according to (1) and (2), they can file an application.

http://www.ksp.or.th...ing license.pdf

Please note that the requirements from The Teachers' Council of Thailand ONLY apply to teachers employed in Basic Education. i.e. K12 schools.

Maybe I am dense but this is quite obtuse. I am not sure where the CBEST fits in if it does...

Do you think I could/would qualify under Route1?

Route 1 : Persons who have had teaching experience with not less than 1 year and

Would my unverifiable teaching in Korea for 9+3 months = 1 year count toward the criterion in general? I am still friends and in contact with two teachers.

1. Hold a degree in Education or

2. Hold other degrees and a teaching license from abroad or

Degree = History B.A.

CBEST and 5 years holding CA Emergency credential (long since expired). This credential allows one to teach in CA classroom up to 30/90 (?) days. The school has history of renewing it repeatedly for months on end to fill vacancies. Thailand should be very undersanding of this :-). CBEST is the initial basic exam for those providing teaching or other classroom services in CA and OR.

3. Hold other degrees and a graduate diploma in Education with 1 year course of study.

So, is it possible that I meet the above criteria and what prize do I win, pass go or collect B200?

In addition, they also must successfully complete a professional training course and pass

assessment of knowledge as follows:

(2) Professional ethics

certificate and permitting them to attend the training course.

SO...would I only need to complete the above to receive the certificate? I had read here that no one passes this and it basically amounts to fluency in Thai (1). Ethics?

Everyone just gets shunted to the provisional certificate so I am wasting my time.

Are my former credentials CBEST and licenses worth anything here? Appears yes - and no.

When and if passed - this gives you what? A certificate to teach K-12. Do you own the certificate or is it tied to a school? How often and when must it be renewed? Is there more testing BS or is it simply paperwork and MONEE?

Thanks too mutt!!