Bangkeaw Dog

Smokemachine

Hi Kelvin, Speaking from Phitsanulok, I have never come across an adoption centre here and I know Phits quite well. That said, doesn't mean there isn't one.

There are a multitude of Bangkeaw farms and breeders here, as I'm sure you could imagine, but apart from local advertising, ie. roadside signs, I have never seen them on the internet, but again, have had no reason to look.

If you have the choice of buying instead of adopting, then you may want to think about a visit up to Phits for a few days and have a look about. If you don't speak Thai, make sure you have a Thai speaker with you.

Edit: If it is not pedigree that you are looking for, I don't think they would be that expensive from source. Also, I am assuming that you know the dogs reputation for being extremely loyal and protective and territorial agression comes with the package. Lovely dogs but not for everyone!

Edited by chrisinth

Hi Kelvin, Speaking from Phitsanulok, I have never come across an adoption centre here and I know Phits quite well. That said, doesn't mean there isn't one.

There are a multitude of Bangkeaw farms and breeders here, as I'm sure you could imagine, but apart from local advertising, ie. roadside signs, I have never seen them on the internet, but again, have had no reason to look.

If you have the choice of buying instead of adopting, then you may want to think about a visit up to Phits for a few days and have a look about. If you don't speak Thai, make sure you have a Thai speaker with you.

Edit: If it is not pedigree that you are looking for, I don't think they would be that expensive from source. Also, I am assuming that you know the dogs reputation for being extremely loyal and protective and territorial agression comes with the package. Lovely dogs but not for everyone!

Hi, thanks for replying my post. Well, i am willing to buy a bangkeaw puppy if the option of adoption is out. Do you have the farms exact location or contact no for me? My wife can communicate with the farmer. I would like to have my own dog pet and since i want to, my wife say ok but she want a bangkeaw dog. I told her about it's character pros and cons. She noted as her step dad has been bitten by his own bangkeaw dog twice. But she like the dog. In this case, need to get a puppy to train easily. Hopefully I will find one controllable ;) please do let me know the contacts (if you know),i will going to phits in 1-2weeks time. :) Thanks!

Hi, thanks for replying my post. Well, i am willing to buy a bangkeaw puppy if the option of adoption is out. Do you have the farms exact location or contact no for me? My wife can communicate with the farmer. I would like to have my own dog pet and since i want to, my wife say ok but she want a bangkeaw dog. I told her about it's character pros and cons. She noted as her step dad has been bitten by his own bangkeaw dog twice. But she like the dog. In this case, need to get a puppy to train easily. Hopefully I will find one controllable wink.png please do let me know the contacts (if you know),i will going to phits in 1-2weeks time. smile.png Thanks!

Sorry, haven't got any contact information at present, but can keep an eye out. I can ask the girls in the office for you as well. As stated earlier, there are (local) advertisements all about. If you are travelling up (or down) here, keep an eye open for them in case I don't come through. I will likely be on the road next week.

The good news is that all the information you require is here:

http://bangkaew.com/

T

The bad news is that it`s all in Thai.

Try going into the forum via Google translate.

+1

Bangkaew farms in Phitsanulok, you can see number telephone and e-mail address in the website.

http://www.mudangbangkaew.com/

http://www.kamolchaibangkaew.com/data.php?data_type=Puppy

i am sorry but i have to say a bangkeaw would be the last breed i would own,they are loyal and make good guard dogs but if they ever get loose you could find yourself in trouble and they do bark a lot.the only experiance i have of them is that one lives by me and he is so dangerous when he gets loose it frightens me,for 3yrs.i have tried to make freinds with him,give him bones,treets,and as his owners work away i used to feed him he would get the same as my dog,chkn,beef,liver,veg and biscuits till the day he bit my hand trying to retrieve the bowl.so think twice before you get one or you might end up with not many friends.i always remember what my bil told me you break into a house with a bangkeaw you die.

i am sorry but i have to say a bangkeaw would be the last breed i would own,they are loyal and make good guard dogs but if they ever get loose you could find yourself in trouble and they do bark a lot.the only experiance i have of them is that one lives by me and he is so dangerous when he gets loose it frightens me,for 3yrs.i have tried to make freinds with him,give him bones,treets,and as his owners work away i used to feed him he would get the same as my dog,chkn,beef,liver,veg and biscuits till the day he bit my hand trying to retrieve the bowl.so think twice before you get one or you might end up with not many friends.i always remember what my bil told me you break into a house with a bangkeaw you die.

MEATBOY ! wassup ? you dont like answering your messages ?

Never had a problem with mine (she is a cross though), she rarely barks unless there is good reason, very protective and a real softy, as long as we are around. Loves kids, but I dont think she could eat a whole one.thumbsup.gif

Edited by CharlieH

I got 2 bangkaew dogs people fear them but they are great dogs. Mine have never bitten anyone. One of them, is protective of his food so i do recognize that. Other then that it is all about raising them good. The male dog that i did raise is great with people and does not bark much does protect the house but lets people in as long as i am in the house.

T

+1

Bangkaew farms in Phitsanulok, you can see number telephone and e-mail address in the website.

http://www.kamolchai...data_type=Puppy

Thanks for the info! :)

Hi, thanks for replying my post. Well, i am willing to buy a bangkeaw puppy if the option of adoption is out. Do you have the farms exact location or contact no for me? My wife can communicate with the farmer. I would like to have my own dog pet and since i want to, my wife say ok but she want a bangkeaw dog. I told her about it's character pros and cons. She noted as her step dad has been bitten by his own bangkeaw dog twice. But she like the dog. In this case, need to get a puppy to train easily. Hopefully I will find one controllable wink.png please do let me know the contacts (if you know),i will going to phits in 1-2weeks time. smile.png Thanks!

Sorry, haven't got any contact information at present, but can keep an eye out. I can ask the girls in the office for you as well. As stated earlier, there are (local) advertisements all about. If you are travelling up (or down) here, keep an eye open for them in case I don't come through. I will likely be on the road next week.

Sure, thanks! :)

Welcome back KelvinLow ... long time no posting.

I've missed you.

Good luck with getting that dog ... thumbsup.gif

BTW, how is the fishing trips going?

I miss u too. wink.png

well,the fishing trip not too bad...

*sigh*

Looks like we have to learn to live with each other then.

Just go easy on them please ... OK?

• Like 1

T

+1

Thanks for the info! smile.png

I have browsed the website, going to call them in next few days. Hopefully they have purebreed bangkeaw puppy right now. Any idea how much for a puppy?

T

+1

Thanks for the info! smile.png

I have browsed the website, going to call them in next few days. Hopefully they have purebreed bangkeaw puppy right now. Any idea how much for a puppy?

In the website, some people already reserved the puppy (before give birth), I see the price is between 10,000-12,000 baht.

• 1 month later...

Did you get your Bangkaew pup yet?

I have one, beautiful dog. protective, smart, only ever bitten one person and very loyal. So much so that when I tried to give him to my friend (I've just had a baby boy) who lives 12 km away in a big house with a nice big garden, great place for a dog. I thought he would of loved it there. It just so happens that the new accommodation I had chosen for him wasn't up to his usual standard and somehow managed to escape. He escaped Saturday evening. Sunday morning I was up early to play golf. I came back late morning and there he was sat outside jet black form mud, covered in burs and even had chewing gum stuck in his fur. He could also barely walk from his night out on the town. That must of been from fighting with packs of dogs as he passed through each territory.

Moral of the story is make sure you really want a Bangkaew because you won't be able to get rid of it!!

I'll be keeping mine now after the effort he made to get back to me..