Best Pickup Truck To Purchase New In Thailand

Nowhereman60

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at Toyota Yesterday and they told me from Sept 15 onwards all Vigo models will standard be equipped with 2 airbags, also the 3.0G engine with M/T will have a slight performance boost from 163 HP / 343 NM to 171 HP / 360 NM. (EURO IV)

According to Toyota web site...from the 4 AT model with 4dr only the top model 4x4 comes with airbags (srs)...so I am not even considering getting a car like that & the top model price tag is unfit to my needs

Thnx

Just shutup please Transam. You're recommending a truck that does not meet the requested requirements.

Let it go. Guys like that that already know everything they every will. He owns a Toyota so for him, it's the be-all-end-all, and anyone that does not buy the same thing he has is a fool. never mind it's overpriced, on a ten year old platform and all the new models out to choose from (that he has probably never driven) that look and drive better.

I think the OP should go look at and drive everything, then buy what he likes.

• Like 2

Head about 5 water damaged Rangers here on the forum by TV member Spoonman which is a bit worrying, I would really like to know what went wrong.

Of more concern is the policy of Ford Thailand in that water in engine = warranty void, also they tell you this AFTER they have pulled it to pieces which also voids an insurance claim.

I was told to put mine back together and wait until it rains again then call the insurance company..................

@ OP:

What about the Prerunner 2.5 E AT ABS which will come with driver and passenger SRS and will be available within 3-4 weeks at Toyota.. Price for the current model without SRS is THB 840,000.00, upgraded version will be THB 865,000.00

According to Toyota web site...from the 4 AT model with 4dr only the top model 4x4 comes with airbags (srs)...so I am not even considering getting a car like that & the top model price tag is unfit to my needs

Thnx

You want reliability.......... you pay for it...................you want to save a few baht, you take your chance.................smile.png

555 oh I wouldn't call more than 150k a few baht and besides...I don't want a 4x4 option
I think it's a shame Toyota is neglecting the safety systems in the Thai market to save "a few baht"

Was at Toyota Yesterday and they told me from Sept 15 onwards all Vigo models will standard be equipped with 2 airbags, also the 3.0G engine with M/T will have a slight performance boost from 163 HP / 343 NM to 171 HP / 360 NM. (EURO IV)

Thnx

Yeah, they have to do something. Adding an air-bag and a few strips of chrome or what-not will keep the fan-boys buying until the new platform comes out in a year or two.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Toyota is a fine product, it's just the wrong time to buy one. If you have your heart set on a wee-go I'd wait for the new platform. My next pickup (01/15) could well be the new Toyota.

Well.. I thought It was the right time to buy one as the dealer seemed to be eager to clear their current stock and offered me THB 40,000.00 discount so decided to buy the Prerunner 3.0G mt last week and i'm picking it up today :) Test drove the BT 50 / Ranger and found the overall package on the Hilux better. I like the wide spread torque from 1400-3200 rpm and ordered the racechip which will spread it even further from 1400-3700 RPM 360 NM with peak torque of 420 NM and 211 HP ;-)

Thnx

Yeah, they have to do something. Adding an air-bag and a few strips of chrome or what-not will keep the fan-boys buying until the new platform comes out in a year or two.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Toyota is a fine product, it's just the wrong time to buy one. If you have your heart set on a wee-go I'd wait for the new platform. My next pickup (01/15) could well be the new Toyota.

Glad you're happy with it and the great deal you got. The Pre-Runner is a nice unit, I'm sure you'll love it.

Well.. I thought It was the right time to buy one as the dealer seemed to be eager to clear their current stock and offered me THB 40,000.00 discount so decided to buy the Prerunner 3.0G mt last week and i'm picking it up today smile.png Test drove the BT 50 / Ranger and found the overall package on the Hilux better. I like the wide spread torque from 1400-3200 rpm and ordered the racechip which will spread it even further from 1400-3700 RPM 360 NM with peak torque of 420 NM and 211 HP ;-)

Thnx

• Like 1

Glad you're happy with it and the great deal you got. The Pre-Runner is a nice unit, I'm sure you'll love it.

Well.. I thought It was the right time to buy one as the dealer seemed to be eager to clear their current stock and offered me THB 40,000.00 discount so decided to buy the Prerunner 3.0G mt last week and i'm picking it up today smile.png Test drove the BT 50 / Ranger and found the overall package on the Hilux better. I like the wide spread torque from 1400-3200 rpm and ordered the racechip which will spread it even further from 1400-3700 RPM 360 NM with peak torque of 420 NM and 211 HP ;-)

+1, congt on your Hilux.

Since you gonna ride it and spend your hard owned money on it, what YOU like is what matters, not what anybody else says/thinks. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Thnx

good news indeed...but 865,000 is still overpriced if there are no other changes

Edited by aviadbkk

Look at the Isuzu.

can u specify the model and price please?...i have to say overall i'm still finding it hard to understand why people not getting the colorado, isuzu and chevrolet look the same no? is it from the same factory? is the quality of the isuzu more superior?

thnx

Look at the Isuzu.

can u specify the model and price please?...i have to say overall i'm still finding it hard to understand why people not getting the colorado, isuzu and chevrolet look the same no? is it from the same factory? is the quality of the isuzu more superior?

thnx

Resale value of Isuzu and Toyota are superior, plus Chevrolet has a bad name, also with egards to customer friendlyness. I

You asked earlier, Mazda has a good rep in that respect, (much) better than Ford I think.

Look at the Isuzu.

thnx

Resale value of Isuzu and Toyota are superior, plus Chevrolet has a bad name, also with egards to customer friendlyness. I

You asked earlier, Mazda has a good rep in that respect, (much) better than Ford I think.

Ok thnx I'll check 'em out :)

Look at the Isuzu.

thnx

In my experience when you're talking about resale differences on a vehicle in this price range, the differences are not large amounts of money ( IMO ).

I've never taken resale value into consideration when buying any of my vehicles here in thailand.

Look at the Isuzu.

thnx

In my experience when you're talking about resale differences on a vehicle in this price range, the differences are not large amounts of money ( IMO ).

I've never taken resale value into consideration when buying any of my vehicles here in thailand.

+1,

If you keep the vehicle more than 4 years minimal difference.

Imports are loosing big value as soon as you leave the shop.

Look at the Isuzu.

thnx

Isuzu engine is different than the Chevy, and they are assembled in different plants.

I bought the Highlander Z-Prestige in March of last year 4DR, AT, NAV, leather (it was the top model without 4WD) and it was THB 922K.

I also bought the top (such as it is) model Spark in December of last year, and it was THB 545K. (1-week deliver time)

I ordered the models and colors I wanted and the D-Max was delivered in four weeks and the Spark in one.

I think all the pickups they sell here are fine, buy what you like. I think the Chevy looks and drives great. I thought about it, but there is no dealer in my area.

Toyota and Isuzu have far more dealers/service centers, and while other manufacturers are scrambling to get more opened up, they have a long way to go.

I think the big plus with Isuzu is how well developed the service network is. Toyota has as about as many facilities, but many of them are much newer. Also, Toyota has a lot more models to contend with. Isuzu only has a couple models, so (I assume) it is much easier to keep the staff up on the training, and maintain parts inventories. Service for the Isuzu is everywhere, parts are everywhere, and it is inexpensive.

Ford, Chevy, Mazda and Isuzu all went on a new platform last year, so they will all look “late model” for years. I did something of a report on the Highlander on the board last week if you have an interest.

You’re buying a new vehicle. As long as you keep up with it, you pretty much have nothing to worry about at least until warranty runs out. Go and sit in each of them, and the ones that still interest you, take for a test drive. Buy what you like. If you like the Chevy get one. Would you buy a shirt you didn't like?

Look at the Isuzu.

thnx

Isuzu engine is different than the Chevy, and they are assembled in different plants.

I bought the Highlander Z-Prestige in March of last year 4DR, AT, NAV, leather (it was the top model without 4WD) and it was THB 922K.

I also bought the top (such as it is) model Spark in December of last year, and it was THB 545K. (1-week deliver time)

I ordered the models and colors I wanted and the D-Max was delivered in four weeks and the Spark in one.

I think all the pickups they sell here are fine, buy what you like. I think the Chevy looks and drives great. I thought about it, but there is no dealer in my area.

Toyota and Isuzu have far more dealers/service centers, and while other manufacturers are scrambling to get more opened up, they have a long way to go.

I think the big plus with Isuzu is how well developed the service network is. Toyota has as about as many facilities, but many of them are much newer. Also, Toyota has a lot more models to contend with. Isuzu only has a couple models, so (I assume) it is much easier to keep the staff up on the training, and maintain parts inventories. Service for the Isuzu is everywhere, parts are everywhere, and it is inexpensive.

Ford, Chevy, Mazda and Isuzu all went on a new platform last year, so they will all look “late model” for years. I did something of a report on the Highlander on the board last week if you have an interest.

You’re buying a new vehicle. As long as you keep up with it, you pretty much have nothing to worry about at least until warranty runs out. Go and sit in each of them, and the ones that still interest you, take for a test drive. Buy what you like. If you like the Chevy get one. Would you buy a shirt you didn't like?

Thanx for that insight

I'm asking other people opinions as sometimes the things we want not always turn out to as good...like I said about my fiesta...it is most Likely that I would not had any spare part issues with a honda or Toyota...so I'm interested in other people current experience with their shops these days

I'm not looking to spend valuable time in the shop anyways...but one can never know right? :)

gonna close the deal with mazda today...2.2 4dr hi-racer abs AT leather 849,000k after 25k discount...they gave lots of freebies...most just crap i guess but who knows smile.png will follow up with pic soon

Nice pickup, IMO good looking but opinions vary a lot about that, and it drives really well.

• Like 1

gonna close the deal with mazda today...2.2 4dr hi-racer abs AT leather 849,000k after 25k discount...they gave lots of freebies...most just crap i guess but who knows smile.png will follow up with pic soon

That Mazda is a goo looking ride, please don't let them stick all that cheesy crap on on it.

gonna close the deal with mazda today...2.2 4dr hi-racer abs AT leather 849,000k after 25k discount...they gave lots of freebies...most just crap i guess but who knows Posted Image will follow up with pic soon

That Mazda is a goo looking ride, please don't let them stick all that cheesy crap on on it.

Hahahahah I hope I will have time to do that...tight schedule that day :) thnx