• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Driver + Car For Older People

thaitero

I have 3 older relatives coming next tuesday to Pattaya for 3 weeks and one is walking with stick and others has not so good mobility also anymore so i was thinking if anyone has good "taxi" contact(s) to call whenever they want to go shopping, restraunts etc. They are going to live at VT 5

Can old people with stick go to bath bus? What kind of prices are we talkin about.. I have no glue since i drive my own scooter ohmy.png

I use "Pattaya Taxi" when I need to. they speak fairly good English too 085-444-9035

Yes old people with a cane can use baht buses and the fee is the same about 10 baht or so depending where they are going however I would not recommend it as they can take off fast when your friends might not be quite on and seated yet and being that they are new here and oldish it would be difficult to get to where they want to go unless you were with them helping.

Maybe you should consider renting a car while they are here?

I use "Pattaya Taxi" when I need to. they speak fairly good English too 085-444-9035

Yes old people with a cane can use baht buses and the fee is the same about 10 baht or so depending where they are going however I would not recommend it as they can take off fast when your friends might not be quite on and seated yet and being that they are new here and oldish it would be difficult to get to where they want to go unless you were with them helping.

Maybe you should consider renting a car while they are here?

Thanks for the "taxi" tip..smile.png

And yes i am also considering to rent a car but i am not feeling so comfortable with driving a car myself in this country even i do have thai licences..

Sorry I have only used Pattaya taxi to go to the airport = 1000 baht and also to the hospital in Sriracha for 600 baht 2 times.

Can just call the number and ask when they close etc. They speak English.

If you are afraid of driving then maybe better not to experiment with said company.

My friends live in VT2. They use a guy who's number they got either off a board there or from one of the staff. It's relatively cheap. Something like 200B from VT2 up to Naklua or down to where we live near the Ambassador. I'd guess the dark side would be about the same.

I've also seen ads in the classifieds section here. Probably also have some in craigslist and bahtsold?

If you are driving around, many of the villages have signs outside for taxi services.

My friends live in VT2. They use a guy who's number they got either off a board there or from one of the staff. It's relatively cheap. Something like 200B from VT2 up to Naklua or down to where we live near the Ambassador. I'd guess the dark side would be about the same.

I've also seen ads in the classifieds section here. Probably also have some in craigslist and bahtsold?

If you are driving around, many of the villages have signs outside for taxi services.

Good info Craig and also keep in mind that many of these "taxi signs" are not meter taxis but just locals with a car trying to make some extra cash so they are not bound by the "short ride" rules that many meter taxis are. However their ability to speak English may also be non-existent.