U S Wants The Film "innocence Of Muslims" To Be Removed From Google

george

Should Google remove the film?  

438 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Riots in Sydney Australia today from muslim exstremists and 3 more boat loads of boat people (muslims) what a country and the government said they are welcome to the australian way of life what a joke all this over a comedy

I think what eventually will happen in Aussie, UK and various other places...people will get sick of all this BS and will start "protesting" themselves, got a feeling it is coming and you might find a few mosques burnt down, lets face it places like Greece, Italy etc are just about bankrupt and the people will turn and look for someone to vent on they have nothing to loose.

time will tell but I tend to agree with you even though I think its to late

Too late for ? Sir Winston Churchill has been credited for saying sometime before WW2 :"Its is not too late but it is time ! "

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW - I was under the impression that the video, while maybe in poor taste, was accurate according to history and the Quran. What in it was false?

Hey, you could make the same type of video about Christianity, cherry picking parts of the Old Testament, couldn't you?

Edited by koheesti

Regardless of the content, this 'movie' should be banned because it is so incredibly horribly produced and acted. The movie dam_n near made my eyes bleed. I really wanted to see the 'shocking' parts, if for no reason other than to make fun of them, but it was so unbelievably poorly made that it was unwatchable. I was getting sick to my stomach from the 'cinematography' alone! How someone could have wasted $5m on such an wretched, steaming pile of crap is beyond me. Honestly, I am not overly critical of movies, I really enjoyed Toxic Avenger and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, which are about as poorly made as any. But the three minutes I spent attempting to watch (and fast forward) the 13 minute preview felt like the longest 3 hours of my life. I could watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy in less time than it felt like I spent trying to watch this sham, even though it was in reality under 200 seconds of my life!

But back to the real issue, right wing media/propaganda is the same, no matter where you go. It is the 'Faux News' of the Muslim world which is reporting these protests to be much larger and widespread than they really are. Most people in the Muslim world are intelligent enough to figure out that this movie was not produced by the White House. There is just a small, very vocal, and very violent portion of the community which is very good at grabbing headlines, especially when the right wing wackos control the media (Al Qaeda...the Middle Eastern Tea Party). These same groups take advantage of situations like these to carry out their real objective, such as the clearly not impromptu RPG attack in Libya.

Edited by RaoulDuke

Looks like were headed right back to the Dark Ages where its illegal to criticize religion. I am getting sick and tired of Islam demanding this shroud of respect it is never willing to afford to others. You DO NOT have a right to not be offended in this life and you DO NOT have the right to inflict violence on others because of pictures or YouTube clips a half a world away. It is time the Governments of the world stood up to these murderous thugs and said no instead of cowtowing to them by granting their command for censorship under threat of violence.

Just scratch the surface a little and all the anti Muslim bigotry comes pouring out. For the record..No,this piece of crap film should not be censored, No particular religion or group should feel they have a passport through life for not being offended. But, if you bothered to find out about TRUE Islam, you would find a tolerant religion. Similarly, I am disgusted by the right wing extremism of some so called Christians... if they knew anything about the TRUE Christian message they would find a tolerant religion. The west has opened a Pandora's Box of their own making. Since the establishment of the Jewish state, we have, perhaps through misguided collective guilt, allowed Israel to literally get away with murder and the illegal occupation of Arab land. The American attitude of 'Israel can do no wrong' only marginalises the moderate elements in Islam and gives air to these extremists. This is why Benjamin Netanyahu is so vigorously lobbying for Romney because Obama isn't so keen to give Israel a free hand for a pre emptive strike against Iran. So, when a dopey film comes along it is a perfect ploy for their agenda. But to go down the road of ...'I am getting sick and tired of Islam' merely perpetuates the idea that all Muslims by definition are thereby ill educated terrorists in the making. Let's see how long Texans would put up with a foreign power taking over their state based on a religious text. When the protests broke out in Sydney overnight, some Muslims went on record as saying how they were disgusted by the violent protest and that in doing so brought shame upon Islam worse than the film.

• Like 1

I haven't seem the video and wouldn't bother with it as it holds bo interest for me.

Interesting though many years past it was the self-named Progressives that called for free speech, yet these days they seem to be on the censor everything bandwagon their predessessors in communist state censorship eschewed. Progressives would be horrified at this afrront to Islam, of course they somehow haven't figured out yet that if the Muslim Sultanate ever eventuated their large members of gays and feminazis would be the first lined up against the wall.There again perhaps ideology outweighs IQ.

See the Muslims in Australia were rioting today in Sydney calling for beheadings, 'tis a marvel how they have so seemlessly integrated into Australian life, just as Aussie as Crocodile Dundee in a burka.

Looks like were headed right back to the Dark Ages where its illegal to criticize religion. I am getting sick and tired of Islam demanding this shroud of respect it is never willing to afford to others. You DO NOT have a right to not be offended in this life and you DO NOT have the right to inflict violence on others because of pictures or YouTube clips a half a world away. It is time the Governments of the world stood up to these murderous thugs and said no instead of cowtowing to them by granting their command for censorship under threat of violence.

Just scratch the surface a little and all the anti Muslim bigotry comes pouring out. For the record..No,this piece of crap film should not be censored, No particular religion or group should feel they have a passport through life for not being offended. But, if you bothered to find out about TRUE Islam, you would find a tolerant religion. Similarly, I am disgusted by the right wing extremism of some so called Christians... if they knew anything about the TRUE Christian message they would find a tolerant religion. The west has opened a Pandora's Box of their own making. Since the establishment of the Jewish state, we have, perhaps through misguided collective guilt, allowed Israel to literally get away with murder and the illegal occupation of Arab land. The American attitude of 'Israel can do no wrong' only marginalises the moderate elements in Islam and gives air to these extremists. This is why Benjamin Netanyahu is so vigorously lobbying for Romney because Obama isn't so keen to give Israel a free hand for a pre emptive strike against Iran. So, when a dopey film comes along it is a perfect ploy for their agenda. But to go down the road of ...'I am getting sick and tired of Islam' merely perpetuates the idea that all Muslims by definition are thereby ill educated terrorists in the making. Let's see how long Texans would put up with a foreign power taking over their state based on a religious text. When the protests broke out in Sydney overnight, some Muslims went on record as saying how they were disgusted by the violent protest and that in doing so brought shame upon Islam worse than the film.

Nothing to do with the formation of an Israeli state...this sh*t have been going on for over 1000 year....ever hear of the Crusades ?

I can understand...just barely...why the USG wants Google

to remove any and all links to the awfully made movie...

perhaps the Gov doesn't want Hollywood being mimicked

in such sorry light.

Then again Google does turn over search info and who is who

to the USG even without a warrant whenever the USG shouts

at Google to do so.

Also...there could be a legal battle happening between Google's

lawyers and USG lawyers if this is pushed. Something about

the government meddling in the running of private corporations.

Then again, the opposite...corporations meddling in the affairs

of the USG has been happening since before the Industrial age

...Hmmmm.

Here's a link I grabbed from the Huffington Post that kinda

fits this...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-jarvis/advice-to-media--muslims_b_1882240.html?utm_hp_ref=daily-brief?utm_source=DailyBrief&utm_campaign=091412&utm_medium=email&utm_content=BlogEntry&utm_term=Daily%20Brief

Long link...copy & paste if you so desire...

The more I see about all of this the more I assume

it is not the video. It is just the final straw.

Most here myself included say the video should not

create the reaction we see. More so I think it is just the

straw that broke the camels back.

The western world has some responsibility for current affairs in

places like Libya & Egypt obviously. Add in the current feelings of

many in Pakistan over what is happening there & it is a mess.

If they decide to trash their country in the form of kicking

out all embassies & Western held companies it is their choice.

I do not think it poses any real threat to the West does it?

Of course there is the threat they will no longer sell their assets to us.

There is the threat in places like Libya they will kick out Western held oil companies.

The West will respond with sanctions & the winners will probably be folks like China or Russia who will

buy more oil at a cheaper price & resell it. Probably to those who got kicked out.

For this reason the thing I fear most is not what they do in those countries to their own country.

After all it is not a threat to us.

But instead the over-reaction that our own governments will probably use.

To make it all worse even now I hear daily on TV many saying we really need to do something in Syria.

I guess even now we have learned nothing from any of it. Iraq,Egypt, Libya nothing learned at all really.

Edited by mania

This movie is an absolute crap. It can only possibly be watched as a comedy. Maybe it was supposed to be a comedy, who knows. If not, this is about the crappiest movie I've ever seen. But removing it? No Way! If it offends the Muslims they should not watch it. They should grow up and finally realize that there are other people in this world who don't necessary share their views and religious believes. Muslims should be tolerant and respectful to them and their views if they want the others to be tolerant and respectful to them. Isn't Islam supposed to be the religion of love? If not .. okie .. let's start the 3rd world war .. kill each other and let's see who remains on this planet after the dust settles. My bet is on the "infidels".

I agree the movie was crap! After watching I researched the demographics for Muslims in the world today. Some interesting facts, for instance there are 2.1 billion Muslims in the world today, approximately 24% of the world population. By 2030 it is estimated that 1 out of every 3 people will be Muslim. Muslims have an average of 8.1 children per family. Europe has 1.6 approx. and North America pretty much the same. Sheer numbers suggest that they will be heavily populated in every part of the world, The world will not be the same for our children and grandchildren as many countries will be minorities in their own country. Just food for thought!
  • Like 1

I haven't seem the video and wouldn't bother with it as it holds bo interest for me.

Interesting though many years past it was the self-named Progressives that called for free speech, yet these days they seem to be on the censor everything bandwagon their predessessors in communist state censorship eschewed. Progressives would be horrified at this afrront to Islam, of course they somehow haven't figured out yet that if the Muslim Sultanate ever eventuated their large members of gays and feminazis would be the first lined up against the wall.There again perhaps ideology outweighs IQ.

See the Muslims in Australia were rioting today in Sydney calling for beheadings, 'tis a marvel how they have so seemlessly integrated into Australian life, just as Aussie as Crocodile Dundee in a burka.

It was a demonstration that turned nasty quickly, the demonstrators throwing all sorts of things at the police, and thankfully the Police applied a heavy hand quickly. Slogans such as 'Obama, Obama, we Love Osama' were being shouted and offensive signs calling for be-headings.

A few more demonstrations like this and popular opinion will quickly turn against Muslims as a whole.

What this demonstration could have achieved in Australia is unknown as are the crowds calls blaming America for this movie. Total ignorance.

Dimwits like the ones in this protest are in the minority , not the majority. I hope

Kowtowing to such ignorant mobs is exactly the reason the video should not be censored or removed from search engine results.

See the story here.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-gas-sydney-protesters-20120915-25yrb.html

• Like 1

Just scratch the surface a little and all the anti Muslim bigotry comes pouring out.

Nothing to do with the formation of an Israeli state...this sh*t have been going on for over 1000 year....ever hear of the Crusades ?

To complain about "anti Muslim bigotry" and then go on a deluded rant about Israel might seem like the height of hypocrisy to some.

whistling.gif

• Like 2

You and other people on this forum do not understand how strongly Muslims feel about their religion .In countries like Singapore Malaysia and others with responsible leadership, racial and religious slurs are against the law because they can cause riots and death. This film was apparently made by an Israeli Jew in order to stir up trouble. But if anyone makes slurs against Israel and questions the Holocaust it is not acceptable especially in the US. There should be limits to free speech. The maker of the film is totally responsible for the death of the US ambassador and should be held accountable.

To be so quickly and severly offended shows a deep insecurity in their beliefs. If I point at a rose and call it a tulip, are you going to point a dagger at my throat? No, you'll probably chuckle and say, "you're mistaken, that flower is called a rose."

I watched the trailers to the movie. Granted, it's poorly acted and groping for dramatic effect, but it's based on writings within the Q'ran. No post thus far has mentioned the content of the film trailers. What pisses off easily-pissed-off Muslims is the film rings of truth, and they don't like that sort of dirty laundry paraded around for all to see. The irony is, with their infantile tantrum reactions, they're contributing mightily to its promotion.

• Like 2

I strongly believed freedom of speech to be very important

but I dissagre with freedom of slander, freedom to encite

violence (and those producers knew exatly what the airing

of that movie would do).

Even the best democracies don't allow freedom of inciting

haterance or malicious attempts to destabalize institutions.

Try denying the holocaust in germany as example,

The more freedom we want, the more security we lose and

if we want security, we give up some of the freedom we have.

Just can't have the penny and the bun.

This goes beyond freedom of speech and expression. I dont know about the US, but I think we have laws in the UK banning 'incitement to violence' and 'promoting religious hatred' which this total garbage clearly sets out to do. I think all those participating in the making of it should be prosecuted accordingly, as I think that they must have known full well what they were doing. Google are also culpable, as in posting it, they are complicit. They should have known better.

Muslims have an average of 8.1 children per family. Europe has 1.6 approx. and North America pretty much the same. Sheer numbers suggest that they will be heavily populated in every part of the world, The world will not be the same for our children and grandchildren as many countries will be minorities in their own country. Just food for thought!

The claim that Muslims have an average of 8.1 children per family is from a YouTube video that, according to Snopes.com is "Mostly False". Snopes's claim-by-claim demolition can be found at http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/demographics.asp

One of these days the West will learn what goes on outside their borders is none of our bloody business. Single male refugees, send them back and tell them to sort their own mess out.

However on another note. With freedom of speech, comes responsibility.

Most honest moment on TV was a certain Newsroom episode.

As long as the religious authorities of the muslim community cannot be bothered to promote this TRUE Islam and instead silently condone the most vicious crimes being committed in the name of this religion I will not spend a minute of my precious life to explore this oh so tolerant and peaceful ideology.

If we assume the year 610 AD (oh the blasphemy - Anno Domini!) as the time when Islam was invented we see that they today are still in their Medieval Period. And when we take a look at the Christians of the 15th century AD we see that they were an equally violent mob, ready to go on murderous rampages against jews, pagans or "heretics" at a moment's notice. However there is one excuse. They didn't know any better. The Age of Enlightenment was still to come.

So what is the excuse of the Muslims?

of that movie would do).

This goes beyond freedom of speech and expression. I dont know about the US, but I think we have laws in the UK banning 'incitement to violence' and 'promoting religious hatred' which this total garbage clearly sets out to do. I think all those participating in the making of it should be prosecuted accordingly, as I think that they must have known full well what they were doing. Google are also culpable, as in posting it, they are complicit. They should have known better.

While they are at shouldnt the police in Aussie be prosecuting for calling for beheadings as well then, is this not incitment to violence as well ?, should the mullahs in the mosques calling for Jihad be arrested as well ?

of that movie would do).

While they are at shouldnt the police in Aussie be prosecuting for calling for beheadings as well then, is this not incitment to violence as well ?, should the mullahs in the mosques calling for Jihad be arrested as well ?

Yes....I think they should.

Freedom to lie?

The film, or at least the extended trailer, was a fine example of poor film making with oodles of suggestive innuendo and the filmmakers did take historical references far out of context. But there was little to suggest outright lies in the film trailer. The film trailer opens with a historically correct contemporary scene showing Egyptian policeman refusing to take action as mobs of militant Muslims rampaged through Coptic communities engaging in murder and mayhem in the name of "the prophet". The story of said prophet is then told from the perspective of 21st century sensibilities instead of 7th century agrarian realities.

• Like 2

Muslims have an average of 8.1 children per family. Europe has 1.6 approx. and North America pretty much the same. Sheer numbers suggest that they will be heavily populated in every part of the world, The world will not be the same for our children and grandchildren as many countries will be minorities in their own country. Just food for thought!

The claim that Muslims have an average of 8.1 children per family is from a YouTube video that, according to Snopes.com is "Mostly False". Snopes's claim-by-claim demolition can be found at http://www.snopes.co...emographics.asp

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated, however, they do represent 24% on the planet, and it is not that far fetched to suggest in 20 years that it could be 30% or higher. Just a general comment, give or take a bit.

of that movie would do).

How can you claim it is an 'incitement to violence' when it is based on writings from within Koran

The muslim reaction is just another example them not liking their dirty laundry being aired for the world to see.

• Like 1