U S Wants The Film "innocence Of Muslims" To Be Removed From Google

george

Should Google remove the film?  

438 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a slight correction the Nazi symbol you refer to is a symbol used by Hindus and Buddhists;originally by the ancient Hindus 5000 years ago. The Nazi's used it to represent their Party

NO IT IS NOT. I know the difference. The red, black and white Nazi flag and t-shirt are quite popular items here and recently some girls attended school and did a presentation dressed up as Hitler and Nazi soldiers.

Yes, the Nazi swastika was a variant on the Hindu-Buddhist one, which could face either right or left, but Simple1 is correct in that the earlier swastika is ancient and is still used as a symbol in those religions.

In fact, there are some well-regarded schools and other charitable institutions in Hong Kong and Singapore run by the Red Swastika Society, a Buddhist-Taoist philanthropic organization. The RSS swastika faces in the opposite direction from the Nazi one.

http://en.wikipedia....wastika_Society

@thomasbird: no need to shout, you provided no context to your post - where is here & what was the presentation saying?

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As so many posters have compared "Life of Brian" to "Innocence of Muslims" and nobody objected to the content of" Life of Brian", you may like to review the link below, in summary. "at the time of its release, drawing accusations of blasphemy and protests from some religious groups. Thirty-nine local authorities in the UK either imposed an outright ban, or imposed an X (18 years) certificate (effectively preventing the film from being shown, as the distributors said the film could not be shown unless it was unedited and carried the original AA (14) certificate). Some countries, including Ireland and Norway, banned its showing, with a few of these bans lasting decades.

Sheds some light that content has been censored the recent past in the western world when offense is taken by religious groups.

http://en.wikipedia....s_Life_of_Brian

Edited by simple1

............. If we assume the year 610 AD (oh the blasphemy - Anno Domini!) as the time when Islam was invented we see that they today are still in their Medieval Period. And when we take a look at the Christians of the 15th century AD we see that they were an equally violent mob, ready to go on murderous rampages against jews, pagans or "heretics" at a moment's notice. However there is one excuse. They didn't know any better. The Age of Enlightenment was still to come.

So what is the excuse of the Muslims?

They don't know any better. The Age of Enlightenment is still to come. thumbsup.gif

This garbage is deliberately derogatory and deliberately offensive with the intent to cause as much pain, suffering, trouble and violence as possible.

Which is exactly what was said about "The Life Of Brian" when it came out.

It was made for athiests to laugh at and religious people to be outraged by.

]I dont recall EXACTLY what was said, and I very much doubt if you do to. I am not comparing what was said about the 2 films but the INTENT of the films. 'Life of Brian' had the intention to make people laugh and therefore happy, as did all of 'Monty Python's' work, It never had a hidden agenda; religious, political or otherwise. The intent of this piece of s**t, is clearly to upset as many Muslims as possible and therefore make people unhappy. The film is garbage in every respect: It is not interesting, clever, artistic, or funny except to those Islamiphobic bigots who would share its disgusting sentiments and intent.

Hmm Looks like some people can take a joke and some cannot ...

Is it not strange that you think its funny to insult the Christian religion ,But that you totally lose your sense of humor when it comes to Islam ,,I still maintain that film is a valid document ,perhaps crudely made but valid nonetheless ..a Coptic Life of Brian joke .and yes there is a message behind it all if you understand it ..Can you get it ?

And furthermore no one forces you or anyone to watch it.

Edited by sauvagecheri
  • Like 1

I strongly believed freedom of speech to be very important

but I dissagre with freedom of slander, freedom to encite

violence (and those producers knew exatly what the airing

of that movie would do).

Even the best democracies don't allow freedom of inciting

haterance or malicious attempts to destabalize institutions.

Try denying the holocaust in germany as example,

The more freedom we want, the more security we lose and

if we want security, we give up some of the freedom we have.

Just can't have the penny and the bun.

This goes beyond freedom of speech and expression. I dont know about the US, but I think we have laws in the UK banning 'incitement to violence' and 'promoting religious hatred' which this total garbage clearly sets out to do. I think all those participating in the making of it should be prosecuted accordingly, as I think that they must have known full well what they were doing. Google are also culpable, as in posting it, they are complicit. They should have known better.

People should be arrested for criticizing someone's religion?? Why don't we just go right back to living in the Dark Ages? And tell me why is Islam the only religion were not allowed to insult while its okay for them to blow up 1500 year old Buddhist statues, burn churches in Egypt and defecate inside the Church of the Nativity in the West Bank? The fact you are more offended by the film than the murderous religious wackos that carry out these vile acts tells me alot about you. If you want to live in a Theocratic Totalitarian state thats up to you but don't tell me to do the same.

......I did not say people should be arrested for criticizing someone's religion, but for the deliberate incitement of violence and promoting religious hatred. Hasnt It given the murderous religious whackos the excuse to carry out these vile acts that you condemn? Who said I was more offended by the film than the MRWs? Who said I was offended by anything? By the way, I find the violence and gun obsession/ worship/fetish of most movies churned out by Hollywood just as distasteful as the content of this piece of s**t.

Movies and opinions should never be removed from Google or Youtube, regardless of content.

It is a matter of freedom of expression, and exposes the major problem between Muslims and everyone else.

Depends on how you translate the word "Jihad".

It literally means "Struggle" and it is more relevent to personal struggle, not war.

You really believe that ?

Let me fill you in ,in no uncertain terms ,jihad also and mostly means waging war ,against the infidel ,if it means murder ,beheadings,taking of hostages ..anything that furthers the faith ,the world wide establishing of sharia laws and the eventual submission and islamisation of the entire planet .

Read this http://www.prophetof..._23_Jihad.Islam

So Karen Bravo is suggesting that 'jihad' means a 'personal struggle'.

Like Mein Kampf?

I suppose there are similarities. Intolerance, elitism, world domination.......

I strongly believed freedom of speech to be very important

but I dissagre with freedom of slander, freedom to encite

violence (and those producers knew exatly what the airing

of that movie would do).

Even the best democracies don't allow freedom of inciting

haterance or malicious attempts to destabalize institutions.

Try denying the holocaust in germany as example,

The more freedom we want, the more security we lose and

if we want security, we give up some of the freedom we have.

Just can't have the penny and the bun.

This goes beyond freedom of speech and expression. I dont know about the US, but I think we have laws in the UK banning 'incitement to violence' and 'promoting religious hatred' which this total garbage clearly sets out to do. I think all those participating in the making of it should be prosecuted accordingly, as I think that they must have known full well what they were doing. Google are also culpable, as in posting it, they are complicit. They should have known better.

But apparently there isn't anything false in the video so if it is an incitement to violence, what does that say about the Quran?

Depends on how you translate the word "Jihad".

It literally means "Struggle" and it is more relevent to personal struggle, not war.

The heck with the literal translation, let's look at how the word has been used in the context of Muslim extremists: It's a collective hate and vindictiveness which seeks the death of someone who holds ideas which they (the killers) don't agree with.

Censorship.

If Christianity can tolerate the movie "Life of Brian", then Islam should be strong and secure enough to tolerate this movie..

Sorry about putting the words "tolerate" an "Islam in the same sentence.

I have no time for any religion, but there is no comparison with the 'Life of Brian' which light-heartedly satirized Christianity with the clear and very successful intent to make as many people as possible laugh. This garbage is deliberately derogatory and deliberately offensive with the intent to cause as much pain, suffering, trouble and violence as possible.

It takes very little effort to cause extreme offense (and, as you point out; pain, suffering, trouble and violence) among hard-line Muslims. If you hold a certain book over a toilet, they'll go ballistic. They embrace ideas which are 180 degrees different than Buddhism, which advocates non-attachment, non-anger, non-vindictiveness.

I don't know about you guys but here's a video blocked at least in my country...and I'm using Hotspot Shield so I didn't know they could tell where I am?

The point being of course, if you are going to block one video mocking/offending Islam, shouldn't you block them all?

Edited by koheesti
  • Like 1

I have no time for any religion, but there is no comparison with the 'Life of Brian' which light-heartedly satirized Christianity with the clear and very successful intent to make as many people as possible laugh. This garbage is deliberately derogatory and deliberately offensive with the intent to cause as much pain, suffering, trouble and violence as possible.

Oh? Which parts of the film were "deliberately derogatory and deliberately offensive" and how can a mere movie incite violence? Did the movie ask Muslims to attack embassies or to kill people? When will you hold Muslims accountable for what Muslims do. No film did this.

Muslims should not have attacked the embassy nor have killed anyone and yes they should be held accountable for these actions. But a movie can, and this movie clearly did incite violence. And If you cant see why then you have no knowledge of the 'Story' of Islam.

It's a measure of the maturity of Americans, that they can tolerate and even laugh along with late night comics on the major networks. The comics ridicule everyone. No one is exempt: the currently famous, royalty, ancient famous, religious icons, ....you name it. No one in the audience freaks out, no one watching freaks out. Americans can 'roll with the punches' rather well. Granted, there are a few nutcases even in the US (314 million population), but they don't go killing people if they get offended by some silly acting they haven't even seen. Europeans and other nationalities are similarly emancipated in their thought processes. I'm just mentioning that as an example where 'freedom of expression' is allowed, and how it contrasts so vividly with extreme thought-control entrenched in the Middle East.

• Like 1

let's be understanding abut the mater. Religion is a case of people talking to an imaginary friend who in their mindset is the pancea of all afflictions.

We have the Christians on one side who ritually murdered a presumed 30 year old male virgin so as the sins of the believers can be voided for evermore.

Then we have on the other side a leader who motives concerning young girls could be described as questionable.

Then we get the Catholics who consider all non Catholics as the spawn of the devil whatever or whoever the devil may be.

The Anglicans are as bad as the Catholics. The Jews hate the Goyims who according to the Jewish faith said Goyims are expendable low life beings, and so the hate politically and religioust goes on as it has for centuries past.

In a nutshell all religious beliefs over the ages and even now are bigoted.,God loves us all or so the urban legend goes, however if you don't love my brand of god i will kill you.

My religion ?

I'm a born again beer drinker and bugger religion, it has been the the biggest war monger in this world of ours since time began..

The inheritance of the founding fathers who were all religious malcontents and social misfits in Europe has indeed given us all a rather unpleasant future.

Nations have seized upon religion in the statement God is on our side, pity that this God character wasn't a conscientious objector, the world would be a better place if that was the situation.

The Christians didn,t murder A 30 year old virgin. Think it was the Locals and he was 33. Also where do you get the fact that Catholics hate all none Catholics, Have you not heard of Caritas,Freedom from Hunger etc, Suck your beer and dream on.
  • Like 2

Using Freedom of speech and expression in this manner is more of an insult to western democracy and its various free rights.

What a shame it wasn't a positive co-existing base video. Would the video have had a similar viral positive response?

This Sam Bacile fellow should be flown and dropped off in a Muslim Neighborhood to explain his brain fart of a idea to make this low quality, below B no respect video. What was this guy thinking?

Google will not remove anti-Islam film from YouTube following White House request for review

Google will not remove the YouTube video that has been cited as the spark for demonstrations raging across the Middle East and North Africa, the company announced Friday.

The company determined that the video was within guidelines.

"We work hard to create a community everyone can enjoy and which also enables people to express different opinions," a Google spokeswoman said. "This can be a challenge because what's OK in one country can be offensive elsewhere. This video -- which is widely available on the Web -- is clearly within our guidelines and so will stay on YouTube. However, we've restricted access to it in countries where it is illegal such as India and Indonesia as well as in Libya and Egypt given the very sensitive situations in these two countries."

Read more:

o

People are dying for the right to air this utter tripe, there comes a time when common sense has to overcome so called 'rights'. This is no Salman Rushdie book its just utter crap, I can understand why devout muslims are pissed at this, it's embarrsaingly bad, and has IMO been produced for no other reason than to create mischief and promote disharmony and mayhem. Get real people, real people are dying and it ain't doing the cause of harmony and understanding between all races and religions any favours

You and other people on this forum do not understand how strongly Muslims feel about their religion .In countries like Singapore Malaysia and others with responsible leadership, racial and religious slurs are against the law because they can cause riots and death. This film was apparently made by an Israeli Jew in order to stir up trouble. But if anyone makes slurs against Israel and questions the Holocaust it is not acceptable especially in the US. There should be limits to free speech. The maker of the film is totally responsible for the death of the US ambassador and should be held accountable.

BS it's made by an Egyptian. You, my friend, sound and are quit WRONG.

Edited by ikbenhet
  • Like 1

The Video Didn’t Do It

It’s worth noting that virtually every description in our media of the movie that is supposed to have touched off the protests was attended by various aesthetic qualifiers—laughable, crude, amateurish—as if the mobs and their organizers were motivated by considerations of artistic craft. Let’s recall that similar murderous campaigns of terror were waged to protest Salman Rushdie’s The Satanic Verses, at the direction of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini. Would the editorial boards and newsrooms of our leading media debate the merits of White House officials warning prestige novelists to keep their mouths shut lest they anger extremists?

This garbage is deliberately derogatory and deliberately offensive with the intent to cause as much pain, suffering, trouble and violence as possible.

Which is exactly what was said about "The Life Of Brian" when it came out.

It was made for athiests to laugh at and religious people to be outraged by.

]I dont recall EXACTLY what was said, and I very much doubt if you do to. I am not comparing what was said about the 2 films but the INTENT of the films. 'Life of Brian' had the intention to make people laugh and therefore happy, as did all of 'Monty Python's' work, It never had a hidden agenda; religious, political or otherwise. The intent of this piece of s**t, is clearly to upset as many Muslims as possible and therefore make people unhappy. The film is garbage in every respect: It is not interesting, clever, artistic, or funny except to those Islamiphobic bigots who would share its disgusting sentiments and intent.

Hmm Looks like some people can take a joke and some cannot ...

Is it not strange that you think its funny to insult the Christian religion ,But that you totally lose your sense of humor when it comes to Islam ,,I still maintain that film is a valid document ,perhaps crudely made but valid nonetheless ..a Coptic Life of Brian joke .and yes there is a message behind it all if you understand it ..Can you get it ?

And furthermore no one forces you or anyone to watch it.

Yes, I do tend to lose my sense of humour when people are being killed because of a 'valid document'! As I was trying to explain: Yes It is the message=intent a film which is important. One intended to be funny but insulted some Christians. This piece of s**t is doing the opposite. It is masquerading as humour, but seriously intends to insult Muslims. I was asked to vote on something, so I thought It might be appropriate to watch what I was being asked to vote on. Can you get it?

OK, for those interested in an in-depth historical account of censorship from 19th centrury USA & India, to 20th century Europe & Pakistan, check out this long, 3-pager from March 2011...

Frenemies of Free Speech

The damage that benevolent censors do.

Just as bad, these restrictions on free speech exacerbated conflict by forcing antagonists into dishonest positions. Because they were spared disagreement, the members of the injured party became ever more convinced of their righteousness, while those who suppressed the speech of their fellow-believers forgot their own convictions. The faults of each side were amplified, not moderated. Each side knew that the other was lying. Compromise or even peaceful coexistence became less, not more likely.

In suppressing speech, we begin, honestly enough, as cowards, but become falsely convinced of our own virtue. The poststructuralists and the NGOs tell us that through self-censorship of our real beliefs, we become better human beings than we really are. But to those for whose sake we self-censor, we begin to seem even worse than we really are. All censorship—particularly self-censorship driven by fear—creates hatred and contempt for the censors. How can they whose feelings we are trying not to hurt possibly regard us? Certainly as weaklings, but also as weaklings with a secret sense of our own superiority. We cherish our freedoms, but think they are too good for others.

Restricting free speech is no more than an attempt to draw a new Mason-Dixon line behind which we protect our own political virtue, while withholding it from others. And it will be about as useful a way to create social harmony as Section 266b was at keeping “denigrators of national origins” out of Denmark on April 9, 1940.

I don't want to start a byzantine debate here, just a simple question

What is the point behind making such movie?

For every action there is reaction.

Regards.

The maker is an Egyptian Coptic Christian. They are 3rd class citizens in Egypt, brutalized by the Muslim majority. Why did he make it? Probably because he hates Muslims. And in Hollywood there are hundreds of low-budget films being made and plenty of willing actors. It has already come out that the actors were tricked and didn't know what the final product was going to be (lots of over-dubbing in the video)

BTW - I haven't read anywhere that the content was inaccurate.

Edited by koheesti

By all means, ban it. It, free speech, truth. Ban them all ! After all, you wouldn't want certain groups of people to act violently every time their feelings get hurt. Oh wait. those certain groups act violently quite often anyways, and apparently have no problem finding multitudes of other reasons for committing violence and murder in the name of their religion.

Keep in mind that even if you were to find a way of totally eliminating this clip from the internet, it won't disappear, and neither will the violence that certain religious segments of society seem to think is perfectly justified whenever their whittle feelings get hurt. They will find other excuses to do the same, or worse, because their RELIGION justifies it.

But go ahead, ban the video. Cave in to the terrorists. Become Quislings. Suck up and try to appease them the way Europe tried to suck up and appease Hitler in the mid to late 1930's. Worked well for them, didn't it ?

Oh wait. I seem to recall the outcome of all that a@@kissing and appeasement was something called World War II ? Ah well, guess that's the price you pay when you prefer to prostate yourself and suppress the truth, rather than stand up to those that feel they are justified in using violence and murder to achieve their goals.

Sure glad all those Libyans have long memories and are still grateful to the Americans for all they did in helping to get rid of Gaddafi LESS THAN A YEAR AGO. Little wonder the US doesn't want to get involved in Syria. Seems the more you help certain groups of people, the more they resent you and want to stab you in the back, while (usually) still holding out their hands begging for money.

Great comment. Why is it that only the Muslims cannot control themselves when religion is slighted. When a crucifix was put on display in a jar of urine, or a picture of Christ was made out of dung how many people were killed by the angry mobs of Christians around the world? If everyone around the world would just convert to Islam and obey sharia law everything would be fine.

By all means, ban it. It, free speech, truth. Ban them all ! After all, you wouldn't want certain groups of people to act violently every time their feelings get hurt. Oh wait. those certain groups act violently quite often anyways, and apparently have no problem finding multitudes of other reasons for committing violence and murder in the name of their religion.

Keep in mind that even if you were to find a way of totally eliminating this clip from the internet, it won't disappear, and neither will the violence that certain religious segments of society seem to think is perfectly justified whenever their whittle feelings get hurt. They will find other excuses to do the same, or worse, because their RELIGION justifies it.

But go ahead, ban the video. Cave in to the terrorists. Become Quislings. Suck up and try to appease them the way Europe tried to suck up and appease Hitler in the mid to late 1930's. Worked well for them, didn't it ?

Oh wait. I seem to recall the outcome of all that a@@kissing and appeasement was something called World War II ? Ah well, guess that's the price you pay when you prefer to prostate yourself and suppress the truth, rather than stand up to those that feel they are justified in using violence and murder to achieve their goals.

Sure glad all those Libyans have long memories and are still grateful to the Americans for all they did in helping to get rid of Gaddafi LESS THAN A YEAR AGO. Little wonder the US doesn't want to get involved in Syria. Seems the more you help certain groups of people, the more they resent you and want to stab you in the back, while (usually) still holding out their hands begging for money.

Great comment. Why is it that only the Muslims cannot control themselves when religion is slighted. When a crucifix was put on display in a jar of urine, or a picture of Christ was made out of dung how many people were killed by the angry mobs of Christians around the world? If everyone around the world would just convert to Islam and obey sharia law everything would be fine.

Go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!