Forum upgrade in progress! ×

U S Wants The Film "innocence Of Muslims" To Be Removed From Google

george

Should Google remove the film?  

438 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Under no circumstances......what has happened to the US? They used to be the World leaders when it came to Free Speech!!

If you bow to ignorant uneducated bigoted mobs then one day we will all end up in the same gutter alongside them.

So the Jewish American who made this drivel is not an uneducated bigot?

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To MikeOboe57

'So what is the excuse of the Muslims? '

You miss my point, there is no excuse. When you have the Taliban blowing up schools and killing teachers because they dare to try and educate women, the chances of the vast majority of the peasant populations in these countries getting access to a balanced education and exposure to more moderate values are practically nil. Whilst I don't think it is justifiable to tar all Muslims with the same brush, it is valid to accuse the moderates of not doing enough to reign in the extremists and I believe we are reaching a watershed where the Muslim world must ask itself what kind of future they want. But I stand by my original position that true Islam is a religion of peace, not the bastardisation we see and hear so much of today. In the same way that much of the extremist views of Christians are a bastardisation of the Christian message.

There is a limit to freedom of expression. Though I am not a muslim and do not like Muslims, I think that one such not make fun or support the actions of making fun or insulting another's religion. How would the Christians react if something like that was done to make fun of Christs. Also those that condone such freedom, how would you like if people psoted photos or comments about you, your family ie wife or daughters with a malicious tone?

Goggle and Youtube should actually be punished for not taking down this stupid video.

I strongly disagree ,if we were to follow your line of reasoning ,we would still believe the earth is flat ,it is only because some courageous people took risks and went contrary to the main stream that we broke through so many superstitions ,the muslims believe the sun set in a pool of mud ?Do you believe it ?

They believe the prophet rode on his mythical horse and had a meeting with Jesus Abraham and many other prophets ,do you believe it ?

And you cannot even refute this pap without offending the sensibilities of those folks ,And if you try to argue about this poppycock stuff you can be killed, lashed or whatever ,no rational discussion is possible ,The coran ,has to be taken litterally ..no discussion about it period ,for the entire planet no less !

Watch this one :

You dont make omelets without breaking the eggs ,this egg has to crack ! Lol Even if it offends somebody ,and yes fun is poked about Jesus Christ all the time ,Crucifixes upside down in urine and all ,and the earth is still spinning and yes it does go around the sun !

You are refering to the award winning "PISS CHRIST"

Piss Christ is a 1987 photograph by the American artist and photographer Andres Serrano. It depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's URINE. The piece was a winner of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art's .

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Piss_Christ

I didn't hear the Pope screaming for chistians to attack western interests over that artwork. I guess Christians and the general community are a lot more tolerant than certain others. I am sure if the artist used an islamic symbol in his art then WWIII would have happened.

Edited by softgeorge

to explain his brain fart of a idea to make this low quality, below B no respect video. What was this guy thinking?

I can confidently say that at least half the movies made nowadays are complete and utter crap, for a mutlide of reasons. Should I go and incite my buddies to go chopping off heads, each time a crappy movie comes out?

Personally, I think it is a good thing that the White House asked that the video clip be removed. It was a prudent move on their part. I am equally content with the internet providers deciding against taking it down. It would seem that everyone is acting within the bounds of the law.

Not sure whether you're a troll or not. What you're saying is we should let angry mobs (who are profoundly insecure about their religion) control what can get shown on a public venue? Sure, why not let the angry masses decide which videos and articles and parodies to ban from the internet. The rest of us would have a lot less things to view, but the angry mobs would be content. Actually, those mobs would never be content, no matter how many concessions or hand-outs they get.

If the movie contained a disclaimer such as "The characters in this film are fictitious and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental", then the objections would not have arisen. I blame the production company. Is it too late to make the correction?

Are you kidding?!? You think a little sentence would keep nutjobs from finding an excuse to lump together and scream death to America and burn the stars and stripes? They didn't even view the video. They enjoy going out to riot. Most are young, testosterone-riven, unemployed, can't have sex before marriage, profoundly frustrated. What's more fun (when you're a young Mulsim hot-head) than run around with a group of fellow hot heads and scream slogans and burn things? Not much else to do except watch dung beetles rolling dung around, and take an occasional toke from a hukka.

Edited by maidu
  • Like 2

Under no circumstances......what has happened to the US? They used to be the World leaders when it came to Free Speech!!

If you bow to ignorant uneducated bigoted mobs then one day we will all end up in the same gutter alongside them.

He is a American Christian Copt ,not Jewish

To spiritrace ...

'Removal of the film would be contrary to our (USA) principles of freedom of speech. This white house is very pro Islam and obviously anti Christian and anti American'. .......

Could I draw your attention to the Sabra and Shatila refugee camp massacres at the hands of Christian backed Phalangists and the direct involvement of Israel, where between 750 - 3500 Muslims were slaughtered, many being women and children. You will find details here ... http://en.wikipedia....hatila_massacre

Subsequent to this a UN denouncement of the act was voted upon and most western countries chose to abstain. I think R Reagan was president then, clearly not pro Islam, anti Christian and anti American.

That was quite a while ago ,and not the same pres. I think this poster refers to Obama things do change you know !

All people have blood on their hands ,if we have to dig out every injustice ever perpetrated on other human beings we will never end this ,for example have you considered the millions Hindus killed since the Islamist conquest ?Have you considered the genocidal massacres perpetrated by the Turks ? History is a long list of such events ..WW2 40 millions ,Mao Tse Tung 70 millions ,Pol Pot 2 millions now that's good size murder !.... 750 to 3500 ?Not impressive !,

The way we are going at it now ,just wait for the next big one ,it could be hundreds of millions in one puff ! Looks like we are getting ready to kill again for allah !

Kill for Jesus ,kill for allah ,who will be right or wrong this time ?

I am convinced that humanity is utterly uncurably mad ..

Edited by sauvagecheri

To geriatrickid

The link to Israel / Palestine is I think a valid one. I am told but can't confirm that, for hundreds of years prior to the establishment of the Israeli state after WW2, that Jews and Arabs had been living peacefully together and in fact at times, took part in 'Milk Mothering' where a Jewish mother would breastfeed her Arab neighbour's baby and vice versa. It seems to me that much of the destabilisation in the Middle East is partly due to disenfranchisement of the Palestinians and maybe, just maybe had the west dealt with this issue in a different way we may not have the same degree of trouble we have now.

To geriatrickid

The link to Israel / Palestine is I think a valid one. I am told but can't confirm that, for hundreds of years prior to the establishment of the Israeli state after WW2, that Jews and Arabs had been living peacefully together and in fact at times, took part in 'Milk Mothering' where a Jewish mother would breastfeed her Arab neighbour's baby and vice versa. It seems to me that much of the destabilisation in the Middle East is partly due to disenfranchisement of the Palestinians and maybe, just maybe had the west dealt with this issue in a different way we may not have the same degree of trouble we have now.

Nahhh ..Not that simple

I don't think you understand the depth of this thing,read the islamic scriptures and this is what you will find ..

Islam is following the instructions as set by the prophet ,the misson is : Conquer and submit the entire planet to the will of allah and the word of its prophet

With the advent of easy oil money ,some Saudi megalomaniacs ultra rich folks have taken this mission as their own and think the time is right to accomplish the mission ,hence they are fomenting all kinds of troubles ,sounds like science fiction but its real ,

He is not a Jewish American. He is a coptic Christian who is originally from Egypt and he is educated enough to know exactly what is in the Koran. However, he could use some lessons on putting together a decent film.

I take it back. Apologies. Just up to a couple of days ago, the media were reporting he was a Jewish property developer. It now appears it was the Coptic Christian chap using an alias. Linked here. http://articles.cnn.com/2012-09-13/world/world_anti-islam-filmmaker_1_israeli-citizenship-adventure-film-islam

He is not a Jewish American. He is a coptic Christian who is originally from Egypt and he is educated enough to know exactly what is in the Koran. However, he could use some lessons on putting together a decent film.

I take it back. Apologies. Just up to a couple of days ago, the media were reporting he was a Jewish property developer. It now appears it was the Coptic Christian chap using an alias. Linked here. http://articles.cnn....ture-film-islam

To me, the belief system of the person overseeing the film doesn't much matter. The film is, among other things, a needling of those easily offended and quick to anger.

Imagine a family reuninion, and reclusive and likeable Uncle Phil decides to attend. Some teenager in the group calls out, "Hey Uncle Phil, remember when you fondled me in the bathtub when I was 7 years old. I have always resented that!" A few at the party (the Muslim extremists) are immediatly livid at the teenager for mentioning it. It's not a question (in their minds) of whether or not the accusation is about a true event. The anger is sparked because the topic was broached in public - aimed at Phil, who is liked by the Muslim extremists in attendance.

Does lack of education contribute to a person being a bigot? Some of the most biggoted people are educated to the gills. You can have your biases, but please don't knock people of little formal education. The most genuine loving and peaceful people I know are the least educated, ......and vice versa. Example: Immigrant family from Laos, who subsist on $2/day. In the 15 years I've known them as next door neighbors, I've never seen any of them angry, talking loudly, vindictive or conniving. Even when they got shaken down for all the money they had (Bt.1,360) at a Thai bus station by two extortionists dressed as policemen (with a real policeman standing nearby, doing nothing).

Does lack of education contribute to a person being a bigot? Some of the most biggoted people are educated to the gills. You can have your biases, but please don't knock people of little formal education. The most genuine loving and peaceful people I know are the least educated, ......and vice versa. Example: Immigrant family from Laos, who subsist on $2/day. In the 15 years I've known them as next door neighbors, I've never seen any of them angry, talking loudly, vindictive or conniving. Even when they got shaken down for all the money they had (Bt.1,360) at a Thai bus station by two extortionists dressed as policemen (with a real policeman standing nearby, doing nothing).

Yes it does sorry to tell you.

If we assume the year 610 AD ......... as the time when Islam was invented we see that they today are still in their Medieval Period. And when we take a look at the Christians of the 15th century AD we see that they were an equally violent mob, ready to go on murderous rampages against jews, pagans or "heretics" at a moment's notice. However there is one excuse. They didn't know any better. The Age of Enlightenment was still to come.

This line of reasoning defies belief.

So you're saying that because Islam was 'invented' some 600 years after the supposed time of Jesus being around, then by your logic you subtract 600 odd years from the current year - thereby making Islam's current year of progress equivalent to Christianity in the 15th century......

REALLY???

There are so many holes in this I don't know where to begin.

Next time don't start an illogical argument like that with "If we assume" - it lumps the rest of us in there with you....

Well, I quite liked that assumption as it seams that the majority of arabic states are still hundreds of years behind the western, developed countries BUT if I look further, then Thailand should be very well ahead of our western society,and we're definately not.

Suppose the main issue is Compassion. A luxury we have in the west but not in the muslim countries nor the hindu or buddhist countries show much of it.

Edited by JoeLing

Which Jewish american is an uneducated bigot are you talking about....the guy who made its an Egyptian/copt/American....so lets not talk about being uneducated bigots shall we...the Jews had nothing to do with this, try reading the information in front of you before jumping to conclusions....

Edited by Soutpeel

Which Jewish american is an uneducated bigot are you talking about....the guy who made its an Egyptian/copt/American....so lets not talk about being uneducated bigots shall we...the Jews had nothing to do with this, try reading the information in front of you before jumping to conclusions....

Oh dear. Sir, perhaps if you too tried reading the information in front of you, you will have noticed that I retracted that comment with an apology. I, like the rest of the world was relying on what the mainstream media - in this case the Wall Street Journal - were saying that the man was Jewish American as that's what he said he was. It seems the man is a con-artist and I stand by my comment that he is an uneducated bigot...albeit a Coptic Christian one.

Edited by BKKBrit
  • Like 1

Looks like were headed right back to the Dark Ages where its illegal to criticize religion. I am getting sick and tired of Islam demanding this shroud of respect it is never willing to afford to others. You DO NOT have a right to not be offended in this life and you DO NOT have the right to inflict violence on others because of pictures or YouTube clips a half a world away. It is time the Governments of the world stood up to these murderous thugs and said no instead of cowtowing to them by granting their command for censorship under threat of violence.

Have you ever lived or work near a mosque? They have speakers blasting 4 times a day with loud prayers but if other neighbors make any noise to disturb their peace, they raise hell and get upset. Is this fair?

They get quite upset with the nearby temples.

Just saying....

The government asked them to make sure it followed their rules they didn't ask for it to be removed , they said it did and thats the end of it ......... All of this censorship stuff is really an exaguration of the truth. It's pretty much like any complaint U-tube gets from numerous people complaining about things they don't like and asking them to verify it's not breaking the rules.

I find it absurd that anyone who patronises this site thinks they can stand tall and wave the banner against censorship and expect to be taken seriously.

Edited by MrRealDeal
  • Like 1

Looks like were headed right back to the Dark Ages where its illegal to criticize religion. I am getting sick and tired of Islam demanding this shroud of respect it is never willing to afford to others. You DO NOT have a right to not be offended in this life and you DO NOT have the right to inflict violence on others because of pictures or YouTube clips a half a world away. It is time the Governments of the world stood up to these murderous thugs and said no instead of cowtowing to them by granting their command for censorship under threat of violence.

Have you ever lived or work near a mosque? They have speakers blasting 4 times a day with loud prayers but if other neighbors make any noise to disturb their peace, they raise hell and get upset. Is this fair?

They get quite upset with the nearby temples.

Just saying....

With all due respect you do have to look at it in the context that some of these muslim countries are being

occupied by foreign forces and are being subjected to constant drone attacks some of which kill civilians.

As one media source said the other day the film was simply the straw that broke the camel's back.

What gets me is the publicity sends stuff like this viral!

If it wasn't in the news who would of known about it now the current view count is over 5,000,000. How? By making a fuss over it.

Gotta love America and the way it defines 'Freedom of speech'

Oh? Well how do YOU define it? Free except when it offends someone? Gotta love America haters and the way they use THEIR freedom speech to criticize everyone ELSE's freedom of speech...

• Like 1

Just scratch the surface a little and all the anti Muslim bigotry comes pouring out. For the record..No,this piece of crap film should not be censored, No particular religion or group should feel they have a passport through life for not being offended. But, if you bothered to find out about TRUE Islam, you would find a tolerant religion. Similarly, I am disgusted by the right wing extremism of some so called Christians... if they knew anything about the TRUE Christian message they would find a tolerant religion. The west has opened a Pandora's Box of their own making. Since the establishment of the Jewish state, we have, perhaps through misguided collective guilt, allowed Israel to literally get away with murder and the illegal occupation of Arab land. The American attitude of 'Israel can do no wrong' only marginalises the moderate elements in Islam and gives air to these extremists. This is why Benjamin Netanyahu is so vigorously lobbying for Romney because Obama isn't so keen to give Israel a free hand for a pre emptive strike against Iran. So, when a dopey film comes along it is a perfect ploy for their agenda. But to go down the road of ...'I am getting sick and tired of Islam' merely perpetuates the idea that all Muslims by definition are thereby ill educated terrorists in the making. Let's see how long Texans would put up with a foreign power taking over their state based on a religious text. When the protests broke out in Sydney overnight, some Muslims went on record as saying how they were disgusted by the violent protest and that in doing so brought shame upon Islam worse than the film.

It would seem it brings out the dhimmy anti semites as well

• Like 1

What gets me is the publicity sends stuff like this viral!

If it wasn't in the news who would of known about it now the current view count is over 5,000,000. How? By making a fuss over it.

Gotta love America and the way it defines 'Freedom of speech'

Oh? Well how do YOU define it? Free except when it offends someone? Gotta love America haters and the way they use THEIR freedom speech to criticize everyone ELSE's freedom of speech...

Well how do YOU define it? - Without hypocrisy that's how I define it.

So to return the question how do you define 'The right to free speech' anything as long as it doesn't offend the star spangled banner?

Edited by Para

Just scratch the surface a little and all the anti Muslim bigotry comes pouring out. For the record..No,this piece of crap film should not be censored, No particular religion or group should feel they have a passport through life for not being offended. But, if you bothered to find out about TRUE Islam, you would find a tolerant religion. Similarly, I am disgusted by the right wing extremism of some so called Christians... if they knew anything about the TRUE Christian message they would find a tolerant religion. The west has opened a Pandora's Box of their own making. Since the establishment of the Jewish state, we have, perhaps through misguided collective guilt, allowed Israel to literally get away with murder and the illegal occupation of Arab land. The American attitude of 'Israel can do no wrong' only marginalises the moderate elements in Islam and gives air to these extremists. This is why Benjamin Netanyahu is so vigorously lobbying for Romney because Obama isn't so keen to give Israel a free hand for a pre emptive strike against Iran. So, when a dopey film comes along it is a perfect ploy for their agenda. But to go down the road of ...'I am getting sick and tired of Islam' merely perpetuates the idea that all Muslims by definition are thereby ill educated terrorists in the making. Let's see how long Texans would put up with a foreign power taking over their state based on a religious text. When the protests broke out in Sydney overnight, some Muslims went on record as saying how they were disgusted by the violent protest and that in doing so brought shame upon Islam worse than the film.

How does criticism of the State of Israel, factually correct or not, translate to being anti-Semitic?

So to return the question how do you define 'The right to free speech' anything as long as it doesn't offend the star spangled banner?

You don't think that freedom of speech includes things that offend Americans? Try going to the movies or watch a comedy sketch or read a book some time. blink.png

Edited by Ulysses G.

*Deleted quote edited out*

Now, now. Islam is the religion of peace and Sharia law will ensure that peace reigns, as it ensures that anyone that disobeys gets a public stoning, beheading, amputation of a limb or if wealthy enough can pay blood money to escape a charge of murder. perhaps we should give it a go. This compassion and rehabilitation concept forced upon us by the Judeo-Christian approach has resulted in such debauchery, with happy people in Denmark, topless bathing in St. Tropez, political activism in the UK, and Australian women in a state of undress on the beaches of the world. All these women in a state of undress only tempt men into doing naughty things.

The religion of the perpetually offended is more like it. A good point about topless women on beaches. By the logic of some posters who believe the making of a movie is the cause of innocent deaths; immodestly dressed women who are raped can only blame themselves. After all a woman knows there are evil people out there who can be moved to commit rape by such provocations; therefore as she knows the possibility exists it is her fault for provoking it.

How does criticism of the State of Israel, factually correct or not, translate to being anti-Semitic?

"allowed Israel to literally get away with murder and the illegal occupation of Arab land" Quacks like a duck