How Would A Thai Person Go About Taking Someone To Court For Getting Ripped Off...?

happysanook

Where would the person need to go to start the process? She went to the police in her town, but I recommended she also go to the town of the person who ripped her off. Assuming the police can do nothing, what would the next step be? e.g. taking her to court. She's in Lampang... The other person is in the countryside of Lamphun. Does she just go to the court and file...some type of small claims court maybe? or would she need to hire a lawyer?

She is in Lampang, she should go to the police station in Lampang to inform legal (have to be inform to court with specific form(not the kind of note without asking to court process) with her name, her address, detail about case, detail abut other person that she want take to court (if she really want to do it) and have to do it in 3 months that can be the legal process by the law for 10 years.

You can read more information here. http://www.thailaws.com/

Report it to the police and the evidence you present to them will be used to extort a payment from the accused to prevent prosecution.

Employ a solicitor and they will contact the accused's solicitor to negotiate their cooperation in making sure your case has too many holes to prevent it leading to a conviction.

Read a Thai newspaper and when you read about a 'businessman' being shot dead and the police announcing it's because of a business dispute, it's probably true. The only justice here will be yours.

• Like 1

Unless its a considerable amount of money,it might not be worth it,

by the time the lawyers drag it out and take their cut.

Sometimes its best just to write it off to experience and make sure

you learn from it.

Trust no one,if it looks to good to be true, it isn't,common sense cost

nothing, but could save you a fortune.

Good Luck regards Worgeordie

Depends?

Is this a criminal ripoff, such as being cheated out of a large sum of money, gaining money by deception, robbed - or a civil ripoff, goods not up to standard, breach of contract over a warranty and so on.

If it`s a criminal case, than the victim has to file charges with the police, if civil, than the case has to be taken via the civil court using the services of a lawyer.

Edited by Beetlejuice

no it felt like I was raped twice once by the crook then the lawyer.whistling.gif

Last time I did I just hired the lawyer to do the whole thing.

What was the outcome, was it enough to pay the fee to the the lawyer? whistling.gif

Edited by ARISTIDE

I think the minimum standard attorneys fees is about 7000 something.

Unless its a considerable amount of money,it might not be worth it,

by the time the lawyers drag it out and take their cut.

Sometimes its best just to write it off to experience and make sure

you learn from it.

Trust no one,if it looks to good to be true, it isn't,common sense cost

nothing, but could save you a fortune.

Good Luck regards Worgeordie

Edited by ARISTIDE