Tell Me About Your Water Pump

attrayant

I installed a small pump at the mother-in-laws home back in November that connects directly to the soi line....she lives in a village in Nakhon Pathom province which is a province bordering Bangkok....everybody else and their bother does the same thing in her village. Her water meter is inside her yard walls, so the water man has to knock on the gate, the mother-in-law allows entry for him to read the meter and issue the water bill...the water pump is located about 3 feet from the meter....the waterman don't care.

Yes, out in the country I guess this is so. In the suburbs where you have a lot of housing estates, the pumps are outside the perimeter wall. A lot of people even had to cage them in to stop thefts by enterprising thieves.smile.png

Outside the perimeter wall? I don't remember seeing anything like that, but obviously they exist. In my approx 750 home Bangkok moobaan, which is 2 story single family homes/lots with walled in perimeter fences, everyone uses a pump located within their perimeter walls since the main (soi) water main pressure is only around 8-10 psi. Barely enough pressure for downstairs but without a pump the upstairs taps only dribble. Most everyone uses water storage tanks in the 850-1200 liter ballpark for those times when there is no water main pressure usually caused by a water main break/maintenance going on somewhere. But I would say the remaining 20% just have pumps hooked directly to the main water lines...easy to see them when we are walking the dogs in the moobaan. All the water meters are outside the walled perimeter of each home lot ...the waterman comes by once a month on his motorcycle, takes readings/leaves a bill in the mailbox...never heard of no one in the moobaan being hit up for a fine because their pump is hooked directly to the main water line. I have no doubt they are not suppose to be hooked directly to the main line but like most laws/regulations in Thailand the enforcement varies from non-existent to X-amount....both here in Bangkok and in the provinces.

I installed a small pump at the mother-in-laws home back in November that connects directly to the soi line....she lives in a village in Nakhon Pathom province which is a province bordering Bangkok....everybody else and their bother does the same thing in her village. Her water meter is inside her yard walls, so the water man has to knock on the gate, the mother-in-law allows entry for him to read the meter and issue the water bill...the water pump is located about 3 feet from the meter....the waterman don't care.

Yes, out in the country I guess this is so. In the suburbs where you have a lot of housing estates, the pumps are outside the perimeter wall. A lot of people even had to cage them in to stop thefts by enterprising thieves.smile.png

Outside the perimeter wall? I don't remember seeing anything like that, but obviously they exist.

All the water meters are outside the walled perimeter of each home lot ...the waterman comes by once a month on his motorcycle, takes readings/leaves a bill in the mailbox...

My apologies..... I meant the metres are outside the perimeter wall , not the pumps ( one Leo too many ).

As for the fines....yes , pretty unusual since been going on for years and nothing done. I guess someone complained that they were getting no water because of all the illegal pumps....might have caused the crackdown.

Having lived up country we got used to not having pumps and just have storage butts instead. Hold enough water for about four days and we just use the old fashion ladel method to wash if the water supply fails from time to time.