Why Do They Cut The Trees In "zen In The Park?"

ARGUSEYE

Cycling past this developement "Zen in the Park" off Jomtien yesterday, I heard screaming chainsaws. Riding into the property, I saw that a gang of workers were hard at work to cut down all trees to the right of the entrance pathway. Leaving only bamboo standing.

I had always thought this thick growth of trees was something unique among Pattaya condo developements.... no more now.

.... And why the name "Zen in the park?"

Its an utter disgrace...I saw the plans for this Zen and realised straight away the lay out meant all the trees would be going.

The day I cycled through there were black squirels chasing one another through the upper branches.

Hundreds of years growth gone in seconds for another pathetic Condo development. I hope it falls on its arse.

Planning permission in this country is about how much money some one can make. Bugger the environment.

As for that planned monstrosity that is to be the Grande Carribean.......strewth give me strength...

Oh forgive me my utter naivity! How on earth could I ever think they would leave those trees standing???

Now I have seen the plan for the developement of the property.... Nearly every tree on the premisis will have to go, making way for more

condo buildings.

Aaah.... "Zen in the Park"....

They brought those trees in from somewhere or other as fully grown trees about six years back, maybe from Nong Nooch and planted them as big trees, must have cost a heck of a lot to do that, they looked after them and watered and fed them regularly now they are cutting them down. Unbelievable.

Most developers have some vision of steel and brand spanking new. I HATE that. I don't see any Thai or even Asian style or architecture in that at all. Southern parts of Jomtien have some reasonable foliage. I can't imagine that nobody wants to keep some quaintness. Make the whole stretch of beach condos. No feel for the local area feel at all. Less and less Thailand, more and more international stuff.

I think all these condos are part of the "master plan", to turn Pattaya into a high classed and family oriented city, so eventually, every small business will be pushed out, maybe to the east side, and the whole beach will be condos. The beach will be full of people sitting and watching the plastic bags come and go with the tide. The other day, I went to Naklua, to check out the beach, and there is almost no access to the beach, especially if you are in a car. All the access seems to be blocked by high rise, and the small soi's have a "private" sign scribbled somewhere. That probably wont happen on Jomtien, but it could be made into something "unfriendly", to people other than residents.

Its an utter disgrace...I saw the plans for this Zen and realised straight away the lay out meant all the trees would be going.

The day I cycled through there were black squirels chasing one another through the upper branches.

Hundreds of years growth gone in seconds for another pathetic Condo development. I hope it falls on its arse.

Planning permission in this country is about how much money some one can make. Bugger the environment.

As for that planned monstrosity that is to be the Grande Carribean.......strewth give me strength...

+ 1 - Agree 100% with everything you've written.

I think you don't need to worry about that.The people involeved are the same as Suan Sawarn and The Park, I understand.

• 1 month later...