Is Thailand Next?

Kabinretiree

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can all but guarantee there will be extremists scattered through the demonstrators today. The warning from the American embassy and the closing of the embassy, IMO is fully justified. Bkk could be a dangerous place for Americans today.

Be careful out there, if you have to be there!

Is Thailand next? Did you forget what happened in 2010 when an armed militia took over the city center, barricaded the streets, started shooting grenades at the skytrain, invaded hospitals, shot soldiers and police, and burned down a bunch of building? This type of madness has happened in Thailand before and will happen again. Just be glad it's never been focused on foriegners. I wouldn't want to be a Japanese expat in China right now, and if this conflict gets more serious and the US backs up Japan I wouldn't want to be a white expat there either.

I read the world news all the time (not from here).

I can tell you that the whole world seems to be going mad the last 5 years, the things people do makes me lol.

The end is near tongue.png

no ,just the muslim world has gone mad.

I agree. Too much resentment of western nations that have stable democracies, enjoy a high standard of living and have a liberated view of sex, the arts, literature etc.

• Like 1

I can tell you that the whole world seems to be going mad the last 5 years, the things people do makes me lol.

I agree. Too much resentment of western nations that have stable democracies, enjoy a high standard of living and have a liberated view of sex, the arts, literature etc.

and tragically interfere in world politics every chance they get

Interfering or trying to make it a better world? We all have our own take.

• Like 2

I have a big cement block wall built around my house. I am the proud owner of an attack puppy who is practicing scaring the heck out of the neighbor uni girls with her bark as I eat pizza and watch Monday night football on Tuesday morning.smile.png

Cripes its already ripped one leg off the bear!!

Photos of the Uni students pls preferably looking terrified?

• Like 1

and tragically interfere in world politics every chance they get

In the hope those oppressed nations can have the freedoms we take for granted and that most of those peope want

• Like 2

Unfortunately, Western countries "trying to make it a better world" by interfering and/or getting involved in wars in other countries, has not helped either those countries or the average citizen in their own countries.

Admittedly, a few have made enormous profits out of the various conflicts.

If a certain US president and a certain a*se kissing British Prime minister hadn't gotten us involved in Iraq under faulse claims of WMD, Things might have been different now. That was the catalyst to all the resentment towards the west. IMHO!

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect App

Different how? Like everyone getting along in the Middle East? When hell freezes over.

Unfortunately, Western countries "trying to make it a better world" by interfering and/or getting involved in wars in other countries, has not helped either those countries or the average citizen in their own countries.

If a certain US president and a certain a*se kissing British Prime minister hadn't gotten us involved in Iraq under faulse claims of WMD, Things might have been different now. That was the catalyst to all the resentment towards the west. IMHO!

Different how? Like everyone getting along in the Middle East? When hell freezes over.

At least taxpayers wouldn't have wasted one hell of a lot of money (not to mention lives) - and know that they had been treated as idiots by believing the lies promoted by the governments concerned.

These morons will use any excuse for a dust up. The fact that the offending movie was made by an Egyptian, seems to be totally lost on them. I don't think The US can be held responsible for the idiocy of one individual, but it suits the agenda of these repressive fools. As for China and Japan, that's a long standing one as well. At least with Thailand, the violent protests are fairly new and I can't see in a 1,000 years people talking about The Prophet Thaksin.

These morons will use any excuse for a dust up. The fact that the offending movie was made by an Egyptian, seems to be totally lost on them. I don't think The US can be held responsible for the idiocy of one individual, but it suits the agenda of these repressive fools. As for China and Japan, that's a long standing one as well. At least with Thailand, the violent protests are fairly new and I can't see in a 1,000 years people talking about The Prophet Thaksin.

The movie was only an excuse, the attacks on the US embassies occurred on 9/11, not a coincidence and not spontaneous either. They blame the west for all their ills.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

Differing opinions on this - some people say it all began to heat up with the US parallel support and weapons supply to Israel and the Islamic dictatorships. Didn't help when the US supported Saddam in his unprovoked attack on Iran to undermine the Iranian Shiite regime and as you say the invasion of Iraq.. Now we have this four way conflict between Western powers, Shiite, Sunni and the anti western extremists.. As someone mentioned in the overall interest is it in the best interest for western countries to cease engagement. is it best to cease direct involvement and increase the channel of support via Saudi Arabia and Qatar, as is currently happening with Syria and Libya. Downside is the exposure for increasing the influence of the extremists, Russia and China. A very complex scenario for western government policy makers.

It all started with ...... ??? There have been religious wars ever since man was "civilised" enough to have a religion. The difference now is that there are more people in the world

and better communications. It's not long ago that my grandfather went to war and wasn't heard of again till he turned up again at his own front door some years later. Religions thrive in this environment of mass media and instant communication - and extreme religions thrive extremely.......

The "silent majority" have never won the day.......

• Like 1

It all started with ...... ??? There have been religious wars ever since man was "civilised" enough to have a religion. The difference now is that there are more people in the world

and better communications. It's not long ago that my grandfather went to war and wasn't heard of again till he turned up again at his own front door some years later. Religions thrive in this environment of mass media and instant communication - and extreme religions thrive extremely.......

The "silent majority" have never won the day.......

The very first peacemakers

Why are Muslims the most overly sensitive of all people in the world?

Honest question #notroll.

Its the will of Allahlaugh.png

As giddyup pointed out - its 'cos they blame the Western world for all their problems.

They have some justification for this, but fail to realise that many of their problems are caused by their own leaders - both political and religious - who, like our own leaders, lie to them and distort their religion.

• Like 2

Why are Muslims the most overly sensitive of all people in the world?

Honest question #notroll.

Its the will of Allahlaugh.png

As giddyup pointed out - its 'cos they blame the Western world for all their problems.

They have some justification for this, but fail to realise that many of their problems are caused by their own leaders - both political and religious - who, like our own leaders, lie to them and distort their religion.

Sexual repression causes frustration and manifests into violence and hatred. They all need to get laid regularly, pressure off.