• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Unsalted Bread

WitawatWatawit

Anyone making unsalted bread in the Pattaya/Jomtien area? Probably a long shot, I know, as unsalted bread is not very popular. If not, then I'll probably have to make my own. Which brings me to the question: Where to buy a not-too-expensive bread making machine in this area. I've seen one you can buy over the internet, but at 7,200 baht, it's a bit pricey.

Thanks for any help or advice. Stay dry, all (at least on the outside).

Wit.

The only place I know of in Pattaya that even sells bread machines is Central Department Store. About 8,000 baht. I did notice they had one on promotion about a month ago, maybe it was a bit less than 5,000. In my opinion, WELL WORTH IT. I've had my own bread machine for the past couple of years and the difference in quality and freshness is unbeatable. Good luck on the price!

Edited by ehs818

#Gone - Your point is?

Let me think now - B7,200 - hmm - about 36,000 loaves of the small packets of local F'***house wholemeal bread, which DO NOT list the salt content on the packaging. (From my research, bacon is one of the few foods higher in salt content than bread - check it out, just as a point of interest.)

Your point is the price (is B7,200 pocket change to you? It's not to me.). My essential point was "unsalted". Dig it? At a reasonable price. Dig it?

Phew!

Wit

Nothing any good under about Bt6000. I bought the Severin about BT7500 on line and there are some good breadmaker low sodium bread recipes on the internet. But you must put some salt in it to make the bread and yeast work properly. About 1/2 teaspoon in the low sodium recipes.

I bought the breadmaker because like most Thai food they put a lot of sugar in it. Sugar makes the yeast work better but you can make passable bread without it.