House Committee Asked To Probe Bangkok Police Chief's Anti-Democrat Party Rally

webfact

POLICE CHIEF'S ANTI-DEM RALLY

House committee asked to probe

The Nation

30190730-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Democrat MP Satit Pitutecha yesterday submitted a letter to Somchai Losathaphonphiphit, chairman of the House committee on police affairs, requesting investigation into Metropolitan Police chief Pol Lt General Kamronwit Thoopkrajang for mobilising a police rally outside the Democrat Party's headquarters on Tuesday.

Satit said Kamronwit's behaviour broke both regulations and morality after he sent out a message pressuring police officers to go to the party's headquarters to show solidarity with Kamronwit on Tuesday.

Kamronwit earlier said he would tell the Democrats to stop attacking him for supporting former premier Thaksin Shinawatra. He said police officers who agreed with him could join him at the protest.

Satit said Kamronwit used his authority to force police under his command to join the rally on a day in which there were other situations requiring police attention. They included guarding the US Embassy in Bangkok when 400 Muslims staged a protest over an anti-Islam film; and the blocking of a road by people demanding payment of flood compensation.

Somchai said he would consider Pol Lt-General Kamronwit's behaviour next Wednesday.

The Democrat Party previously submitted a complaint to national police chief Pol General Priewpan Damapong about Kamronwit, seeking disciplinary action after he travelled abroad to meet Thaksin.

Kamronwit said he didn't want to speak about the case any more because it was a personal issue.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-20

I'm not sure what is keeping Thaksin in Dubai. Obviously, if he was to return, nobody would arrest him. Perhaps the yellow shirts should have a rally outside Metropolitan Police chief Pol Lt General Kamronwit Thoopkrajangs house and release his phone number to the world. Seems appropriate to me.

So Kamronwit felt it more important to mobilise police in support of Thaksin than protect the public from a rabble outside an Embassy? But he said it was personal and he did not want to discuss it any more? ... diddums - poor little man. These clowns need to enter the real world.

Edited by asiawatcher

I'm not sure what is keeping Thaksin in Dubai. Obviously, if he was to return, nobody would arrest him. Perhaps the yellow shirts should have a rally outside Metropolitan Police chief Pol Lt General Kamronwit Thoopkrajangs house and release his phone number to the world. Seems appropriate to me.

I would arrest him.

What a complete clown! Offers "police officers who agree with him" the "chance" to go with him. Or they could opt for policing the Muslim US Embassy or flood compensation demonstrations. Hmmm - decsions decisons.

Public duty, professional appraoch, ethics and accountability - nah!

So Kamronwit felt it more important to mobilise police in support of Thaksin than protect the public from a rabble outside an Embassy? But he said it was personal and he did not want to discuss it any more? ... diddums - poor little man. These clowns need to enter the real world.

No need for them to "enter the real world" AW. They seem to be in total control of the fantasy world they exist in now ... "Toontown".

Edited by Dap