Brother In Law Missing

payak

my wifes brother has been missing for 2 weeks, friends have not seen him, family, or work.

this is a man who calls home religiously every day twice a day for years,would never miss calling the family.

29 years old, police had no interest at all but my sister in laws boyfriend hosts the soccer show in thailand, has reporter friends in the tv studio who will try to help, not much they can do however.

pretty obvious theres no hope,

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never heard of a 29yo calling home that often.

maybe he went berserk and took some time off for himself?

he has a child, he is a single dad, when he works the child obviously stays with his mum, hence the reason he calls home because he is a loving father.

the mother shot through years ago.

thats why its so out of character, he lives for his daughter and loves those calls.

he was alone, working away from home thats the reason for the phone calls.

Sorry to hear Payak. I do hope things turn out well for you. Has anyone gone to the areas he was last seen or indicated where he was going? I know of instances where there was a car accident, the car went off the road, but it was not discovered later because where it happened was covered by folliage so that it did not appear to be a car accident. In some cases the person(s) in the car were actually discovered alive.

What city is he missing from?

What is the housing situation? Independent house, moo-bann, apartment?

You start with people around his house like doormen, guard etc. Discover who saw him last that you can locate, then report back here for the next step. There is always someone who saw him last, start asking around.

I'm assuming you are trying to problem solve here. We need more info.

he worked on building sites, thats where they sleep at the end of the days work.

when working in bangkok, they sleep on site,then returns to ubon to visit his daughter and mother when he can.

he was visiting his daughter, left for bangkok and thats it, gone.

so after he left ubon its a mystery, somewhere between ubon and bkk.

Not really here to problem solve, just venting frustration whilst at home, mainly with the thai police.

Building sites in Bangkok are not exact a safe work environment; worker prancing around on bits on a bamboo 8 floors up; no harness...

Surely you can track down who was his contact for getting work, and find out what building site he had been working on, then actually go there and start asking some of the other workers. The foreman/contracter may be keen to cover up any accidents, don't waste your time talking to them.

Edited by dave111223

Sorry to say but it sounds like a pretty normal disfunctional Thai family to me.

I think in 15 years here i have met 2 normal thai familes, where both parents hold down a normal job and take care of the kids, the rest have many many skeletons in their cupboards.

Maybe this sounds a bit sinister but hey - ho, TIT!

my wifes not a happy girl right now, newborn is keeping her bus though.

Do you mean to say that the brother-in-law's daughter is actually a newborn baby (ie less than a couple of months old), and if he's been missing a few weeks...that means he was only actually been involved in the baby for a few weeks? Given this fact (single dude with a newborn baby) it may be that he just decided to do a runner.

If money isn't an issue, hire a P.I.

They do amazing things in Thailand.

My penny-thoughts: He's probably involved in an accident or any other event that cost his life without carrying any kind of ID.

Tracking: If he is in possession of a phone with GPS he may be tracked down; therefore you need to contact the phone-provider.

Sorry to say but it sounds like a pretty normal disfunctional Thai family to me.

I think in 15 years here i have met 2 normal thai familes, where both parents hold down a normal job and take care of the kids, the rest have many many skeletons in their cupboards.

Sounds more judgmental than sinister. Divorce and separation are more common now than they were in the 1920s get used to it.

Is he involved in any gambling ring? My cousin was into soccer gambling and disappeared about ten years ago. We still don't know if he's dead or alive but we do know that his bank account has never been touched and he never got a new ID or tabien baan. :(

I understand your frustration.

Once you understand the role of the Thai police does not include investigating disappearances and even solving crimes is borderline, dependent on a number of factors then things become clearer.

You need to pay for these services, this is not a high taxation Western European country. You can either pay the police to undertake the work or pay a private detective.

p.s. You and Thais too also need to pay for half-decent health care, half-decent education for your children, legal fees and garbage collection.

No state pension or dole to speak of either.

I hope he turns up. It must be horrible for all of you.

As others have said and it sounds like you've already done just think of any possible leads.

Again as others have said get a PI or reward the police, but with no leads I'm not sure what they can do.

Was he showing any signs of depression or stress ?

As someone mentioned what's the safety like where he worked. An accident may have happened.

You must mix with some very funny people ,my wife and i know a dozen or so normal Thai familes with normal jobs and take care of their kids ,and thats without my wifes familly where her three sisters have normal everyday loving housholds.

• Like 1

pick up his mail, look for debits on his credit card, debit or checking account or cash withdrawls, these usually have a location listed as well.

if the funds are untouched you really know you have a problem.

the tone of your posts sounds like you are too lazy to really look into this. what country are you in?

Edited by jacktrip
  • Like 1