Whats Gonna Happen To Thai Baht If U.s Embassy Close For A Week Or So?

faww

hey guys... i wanted to buy some baht or dollars to come to bkk and i just heard that us embassy is going to Close the embassy for a while and i had something in mind .. here is my question :

today exchange rate on bank of thailand was 100$ = 3089 Thai Baht

if the us close the embassy for lets say 1week or so whats the rate on that week

is it going to be more than 3089 lets say around 3500 or its gonna drop to 2900 or around that?

i mean whats gonna happen to thai baht if that happends ?

thanx so much for reply

name='loong' timestamp='1348176817' post='5684963']

Whether the US embassy is open or not does not affect the exchange rate.

Change your money when you get here, you will get a better rate than in the US[/b]

but i think its gonna affect ... it did affect on iran , iraq , so on

name='loong' timestamp='1348176817' post='5684963']

Change your money when you get here, you will get a better rate than in the US[/b]

if you think, why did you ask?

• Like 1

[/b]name='loong' timestamp='1348176817' post='5684963']

Change your money when you get here, you will get a better rate than in the US

if you think, why did you ask?

Thinking is not so bad in first place... problem is that the Op has a preconceived opinion that something is going to happen and just seeks confirmation...

But Op, you are right... something is going to happen... the Baht / US$ exchange rate will either go up or down or stay the same... your guess is as good as everybody else guess... but don't confuse some riots with wars...

• Like 2

Not everyone is well-traveled folks. The other day an acquaintance asked me if one could find bread in BKK biggrin.png

An English woman with a plummy accent, saw me leave the British Embassy. Approached me and asked if I spoke English.

• Like 2

Not everyone is well-traveled folks. The other day an acquaintance asked me if one could find bread in BKK biggrin.png

An English woman with a plummy accent, saw me leave the British Embassy. Approached me and asked if I spoke English.

What did you tell her?

wow...too much negative energy here... i can get a fan club with all the haters out there... give me a break... i may look paranoid but if you where at my shoes or every Iranian shoe you wouldnt speak right now you would be speechless cos every man alive here is politician and thats why we care so much and yes i have been searching to open a pastry and money exchange but we all do respect f every hater out there i dont care what you say i care about my life...
Edited by metisdead
: Bold font removed.

This is an English language forum, English is the only accepted language except in the Thai Language forum where Thai is allowed. A post containing Chinese language has been removed. Other posts have been edited to remove bold font which is the same as shouting.

wow...too much negative energy here... i can get a fan club with all the haters out there... give me a break... i may look paranoid but if you where at my shoes or every Iranian shoe you wouldnt speak right now you would be speechless cos every man alive here is politician and thats why we care so much and yes i have been searching to open a pastry and money exchange but we all do respect f every hater out there i dont care what you say i care about my life...

Advice. Just ignore. You don't have to prove yourself to anyone or anything, especially here. (there's another thread about that going on right now - you can read it if you want a headache). It's just how things are on the forum. Fortunately, it's only a small few.

• Like 1

Jai yen yen

Here is 10 years worth of how US Dollars are doing compared to Baht

If I had to guess I would say trending down for some time now & set to continue.

• Like 1

What did you tell her?

I looked over my shoulder at the words, "British Embassy". She then said. "Oh that was a stupid question, wasn't it?" I didn't answer that one either. :D

• Like 1

Haters? What has your Iranian shoe crap to do with your question about the influence of the US embassy closure for the exchange rate??? what with opening a pastry shop??? you asked a question... people told you that it's an irrelevant question... and you told the people it's not... so you seem to know better... so enlighten us with your thoughts about where the exchange rate will go because of some riots in front of US embassies...

Edited by Swiss1960
  • Like 1

I don't see the haters that you refer to.

There is a bit of sarcasm maybe, but that is because your question is seen by most of us as a really stupid one.

Why on earth would you think that the US embassy closing for a week would have any effect on the $/Bt exchange rate?

How do pastries have any relevance??

• Like 1

I don't see the haters that you refer to.

There is a bit of sarcasm maybe, but that is because your question is seen by most of us as a really stupid one.

Why on earth would you think that the US embassy closing for a week would have any effect on the $/Bt exchange rate?

How do pastries have any relevance??

I can't imagine a pastry exchange being successful in Thailand, though I suppose if Bill Gates had followed my advice I'd be typing this on an slide rule.

SC

He was probably referring to 'proper bread' which is not so often found in Thailand !

Maybe I'm wrong about the pastry exchange... I've a yen for a few pounds of dough

SC