Bangkok Gangs Danced " Gangnam Style " Before Ekkamai Gun Battle, Report Claims

webfact

My car was hit while I was driving past Ekamai.

post-46810-13482165791448_thumb.jpg

Sure it is not one of those taxi/pickup stickers?

Like drug, abuse of this dance contribute nothing, can lead to death.

Hence like drug, if should be ban, and any one caught doing it should be punish by law to the fullest.

It is time to call back Thaksin to solve this social ill.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The attackers fired at least 50 bullets from an 11mm gun and carbine rifle – miraculously failing to hit their targets.'

I wouldn't exactly call it a miracle. cheesy.gif

Think there is any truth to the rumor that this is the 1st graduating class taught by the new shooting instructor in the Bkk PD. The new re-policed Lt. son of whats his name ........ Chalerm

whistling.gif

It is time to call back Thaksin to solve this social ill.

Say what you like about the man this was one area where he succeeded in making a difference.

We may not have agreed with pogroms like the 'war on drugs' but they were universally popular and boy did they make a difference.

indeed, the difference they made was removing alot of the small peddlers from the business, making a small dent in the sale of locally produced ya baa, and allowing drugs like cocaine and ice to supplant the ya baa and ecstasy that were previously available.

Cocaine and Ice were quite rare in the country previous to the crackdown while ecstasy and yaa baa were common and , now it is the other way around. In essence the supply shifted and prices went up and more addictive drugs, especially in the case of ice, became more readily available.

Job done.

Oh for heaven's sake! The poor little misunderstood and misjudged dears.

Be careful all you posters. These are precious little Thai children you are discussing. Thai law is very strict in how it protects all of the sweet, innocent little dears in all their behaviors, and will stoop to any level to clear their adorable little names and make them to appear as blameless victims.

'The attackers fired at least 50 bullets from an 11mm gun and carbine rifle – miraculously failing to hit their targets.'

Maybe they were firing "gangnam style".

Gangnam is a fairly boring business district in SE Seoul, I lived there through 2011 and early 2012.

Cannot understand this "Gangnam Style" BS, theres nothing going on there to remark upon, some swank hotels, serviced apartments, office buildings and oh yes a Hooters plus local, inter and Jap style bars that are all expensive so the W#nkers here could not afford them.

Gangnam is pretty much crap, whats the deal here?

Its the rich side of town.. most of the singer and actress live there...

Sort of like Silverback Great Apes that have a 7-8 step routine before they get it on and fight.

My suggestion to you is that you find those individuals you refer to as "Silverback Great Apes" having a routine, call them that to their face and report back here, if you are able, and tell us their response.

• Like 1

Interesting note here. I just read an article that said the average soldier fires something like 12,000 bullets to actually kill one enemy combatant. I believe I read it in that new book, "No Easy Day".

Wonder how this would be if all 50 bullets landed in people, would Thailand wake up then? nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh probably not.

?????? You won't swallow the suicide theory then?

According to Hollywood, which always deals only with reality, shooting accurately from horseback using Colt 45's or Winchester rifles is fairly normal behaviour. It was how the West was won.

11mm gun? Must be new one the Thai's have cobbled together as I've never heard of that as an existing calibre

Overall though I'm a bit impressed, the Thais are obviously upping their game when it comes to gangs, normally I've seen them to be street-kids on tiny bikes or emo's

The 11mm is no doubt a "pradit Thai" homemade gun and bullet. There was an 11mm service revolver that was used in Germany at one point, but 11mm is not a standard sized bullet used in any country today. So either they managed to get their hands on a vintage German service revolver, or they made it themselves.

One unfortunate poster posted pictures after being hit by one of the bullets. It appears that the the bullet did not have sufficient energy to go through the skin of the car, which itself is not very thick. Thus, it's homemade as any commercially available hangun ammunition would have at least penetrated into the passenger compartment. For homemade guns and bullets, they are not generally capable of withstanding the PSI that a commercial grade firearm could tolerate, and it is these pressures plus the rifling which ensures the bullet will go straight. Homemade gun means that it is in no way accurate. If being shot at, probably the safest place to be is where the shooter is aiming because it simply is the place that that bullet is not going to go (and unfortunately for passers by).

P.S. jimsknight, I like your youtube motorcycle videos.

The 11mm is no doubt a "pradit Thai" homemade gun and bullet. There was an 11mm service revolver that was used in Germany at one point, but 11mm is not a standard sized bullet used in any country today. So either they managed to get their hands on a vintage German service revolver, or they made it themselves.

One unfortunate poster posted pictures after being hit by one of the bullets. It appears that the the bullet did not have sufficient energy to go through the skin of the car, which itself is not very thick. Thus, it's homemade as any commercially available hangun ammunition would have at least penetrated into the passenger compartment. For homemade guns and bullets, they are not generally capable of withstanding the PSI that a commercial grade firearm could tolerate, and it is these pressures plus the rifling which ensures the bullet will go straight. Homemade gun means that it is in no way accurate. If being shot at, probably the safest place to be is where the shooter is aiming because it simply is the place that that bullet is not going to go (and unfortunately for passers by).

P.S. jimsknight, I like your youtube motorcycle videos.

So glad that you and I resolved our differences in a PM blink.png