Third Gender, Why Are There So Many Here?

barefoot1988

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hormones(estrogen) packed in chickens and eggs to speed growth.... I Blame CP

Its the ultimate McDonalds advert....

Cheeseburgers or Zinger benders.......

Apologies in advance for any offence.....

Zinger is KFC wai.gif It's clear you know nothing about the " thing " .biggrin.png

For you geniuses out there?

How do you define the differences between ladyboys and the practice of transvestism?

What factors determines the definition of a ladyboy? For example, if I dress up in women’s clothing or take certain drugs or use surgery to enhance some feminine features, any or all of them, would that make me a ladyboy?

Is it a physical phenomenon or a mental frame of mind? Who do ladyboys feel physically attracted to? Men, women, other ladyboys, gays, lesbians, or could be any or all the sexes?

I wonder if there has ever been a study on this subject?

This is one of those something we have always wanted to know, but been afraid to ask mysteries.

I have no idea and not claiming to be a genius. I`m just an old fart trying to understand and make sense of it all, so I’m asking?

Who is we?

If " we " doesn't include you, what witholds you to answer Beetlejuice's question?

Who is we?

For you geniuses out there?

How do you define the differences between ladyboys and the practice of transvestism?

What factors determines the definition of a ladyboy? For example, if I dress up in women’s clothing or take certain drugs or use surgery to enhance some feminine features, any or all of them, would that make me a ladyboy?

Is it a physical phenomenon or a mental frame of mind? Who do ladyboys feel physically attracted to? Men, women, other ladyboys, gays, lesbians, or could be any or all the sexes?

I wonder if there has ever been a study on this subject?

This is one of those something we have always wanted to know, but been afraid to ask mysteries.

I have no idea and not claiming to be a genius. I`m just an old fart trying to understand and make sense of it all, so I’m asking?

Who is we?

I assumed 'we' was 'old farts', so congratulations 'you' are officially included in 'we'.

Unless you are beetlejuice how would you know? Or do you speak for him troday?

There are a lot of us here because we are beautiful, sexy and proud.

Back home too many people look and point and laugh at us like we a spastics or something.

What you really need to ask, is it any different in other countries or is it just suppressed?

How many of us hiding under tight suits or lycra pants too scared to burst out. How many of YOU are hiding out there?

You would be surprised at the numbers just here on ThaiVisa going by PM's to myself and requests for dressups.

I am no spastic but can be anything if it turns you on.

I find it a bit odd that you complain about ill treatment, but use a derogatory term for people who suffer from cerebral palsy or a handful of other like diseases, inferring that you are somehow better than them.

Supply and demand...farangs demand it....so thailand supplies it.

Seriously though, where have you lived with a population density as thick as thailand?

I would much rather see a thai ladyboy than a western ladyman. On extended vacation here in Los Angeles at the moment and i constantly see old chubby men with unshaven faces walking around in drag. bah.gif

fuc_k man don't wear that miniskirt dude...If you do, atleast try and lose some weight and shave. sick.gif

Edited by KRS1

Thailand could teach some countries about tolerance. Thais don't seem to have any hostility to homosexuals or transgender people whatsoever. Worlds apart from the states(where I come from I'm ashamed to admit).

You are right about tolerance and right about the US... but even though Western Europe is now much more accepting from a legal perspective, it still is the societies attitude towards transgender / homosexual people that needs lot of adjustment until we would have the same level of tolerance as in Asia

And that is why I really think that the Wiki article about Third Gender ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_gender ) has a very good point when it talkes about the impact of the "heteronormative" gender system in the West which only recognizes man and woman... and the christian religion based condemnation of equal gender relationships does not help at all...

That said, of course it is obvious that in Thailand, more and more Thai "ladyboys" are just men who started to take hormones / get implants in order to be able to get their share of the sex-business to which their is a steady inflow of Westerns who come here to live their phantasy / dream...

Unofortunately, nowadays ladyboys are only seen in the context of sexual encounters and the real roots of the "real" ladyboys - the gender identity issue - is mostly forgotten or ignored - which many of the previous posts clearly prove.

Maybe because Thailand has more tolerance than the west.?

Yermanee wai.gif

Hit the nail on the head, probably just as many in the west but due to social prejudices they remain behind closed doors.

If you do not think that there are social prejudices towards the "trans" segment, think again. There are barriers that prevent them from aspiring to senior positions in business, the health care industry and the government. Human beings are the same all over and if someone doesn't conform, he/she gets stepped on. Trans people in Thailand are tolerated, but still have limited redress in employment equity, pensions, benefits and civil laws. If I take up with a trans in Germany or the Netherlands, I have protections not available in Thailand. If I am discriminated against in my workplace because I am transgender in North America, I have some strict laws that will protect me. Not so the case in Thailand.

Seriously though, where have you lived with a population density as thick as thailand?

I would much rather see a thai ladyboy than a western ladyman. On extended vacation here in Los Angeles at the moment and i constantly see old chubby men with unshaven faces walking around in drag. bah.gif

fuc_k man don't wear that miniskirt dude...If you do, atleast try and lose some weight and shave. sick.gif

Yo dude you do know that Thailand had lady boys hundreds of years before Farang arrived here and that there are lady boys in towns that never see Farangs. And further that Thai men are the first choice of a lady boy.

Yermanee wai.gif

Hit the nail on the head, probably just as many in the west but due to social prejudices they remain behind closed doors.

If you do not think that there are social prejudices towards the "trans" segment, think again. There are barriers that prevent them from aspiring to senior positions in business, the health care industry and the government. Human beings are the same all over and if someone doesn't conform, he/she gets stepped on. Trans people in Thailand are tolerated, but still have limited redress in employment equity, pensions, benefits and civil laws. If I take up with a trans in Germany or the Netherlands, I have protections not available in Thailand. If I am discriminated against in my workplace because I am transgender in North America, I have some strict laws that will protect me. Not so the case in Thailand.

You are of course with the legal aspect, much more acceptance and protection for them in Europe / US...

However... I know quite a few transgender people in Europe who would rather have a social society acceptance (as ladyboys have in Thailand) than have the legal protection and still be discriminated and despised by the poeple around them... the law does not help them being treated as outsiders and does not help them that the people around them still treat them as psychic...

Don't quote me on this but someone told me it may have something to do with the fertilizer used on crops - affecting the xy chromosone in the Thai genetics.

and this wasn't someone in a bar it was a chap ( Thai) who teaches at KKU.

Teaching sports? Language? blink.png

Yo dude you do know that Thailand had lady boys hundreds of years before Farang arrived here and that there are lady boys in towns that never see Farangs. And further that Thai men are the first choice of a lady boy.

Do you know that ladyboys travel from these small towns to supply the farang demand in tourist towns?

Don't quote me on this but someone told me it may have something to do with the fertilizer used on crops - affecting the xy chromosone in the Thai genetics.

Both at the same time - how did you know ?

ps he also sells non chromosone affecting fertilizer

thumbsup.gif

Do you know that ladyboys travel from these small towns to supply the farang demand in tourist towns?

Maybe 5% they rest are with Thai men. tongue.png

Both at the same time - how did you know ?

ps he also sells non chromosone affecting fertilizer

thumbsup.gif

Trying to be serious now: If their would be such an effect (fertilizer on human genetic), googling would provide loads of scientific articles on that effect... however I have not seen one so far... of course, their are articles about other effects of fertilizer use (specially pestizides) with regards to health issues, birth defects etc, but I found none that would create a context between fertilizer (mis)use and genetic variations leading to people becoming ladyboys / transgender

Their are articles about hormones and antibiotics used in meat production which create some context to possible changes in genetics... however in Thailand, meat production is not really an important issue as most Thai eat either chicken or fish and their is not extended use of hormones and antibiotics in this country.

That is why personally, I think all those stories - whether about plastics, hormones in meat or fertilizers used - are just that - stories...

Edit: and all above does not explain why in Asia, transgender / ladyboys exist for hundreds of years already... so for me, the cultural issues I mentioned before are still the best explanation.

Edited by Swiss1960
  • Like 1

Thai men usually wouldnt be caught dead with a ladyboy, farangs on the other hand (especially drunk ones) dont realize it's a ladyboy until it's too late. cheesy.gif

Your logic is ludicrous at best and reveals thinly veiled prejudice at best. You are taking a longstanding cultural institution (aka ladyboys) and trying to account for it with the relatively recent use of plastics? That is laughable. Wy don't you survey the "3rd gender" populations throughout Asia and then correlate that to plastics consumption per capita. That would at least be scientific.

Instead of asking white people on an expat board whether your comically ignorant conjecture holds water, why not ask a genuine Thai person to explain ladyboys to you.

Thai men usually wouldnt be caught dead with a ladyboy, farangs on the other hand (especially drunk ones) dont realize it's a ladyboy until it's too late. cheesy.gif

Nonesense post that anyone who lives in Thailand can tell you is false. False on all levels both Thai and Farang. Have you ever dated a lady boy? Have you ever talked to the family of a lady boy? Why post when you have not a clue what you are on about?

Nonesense post that anyone who lives in Thailand can tell you is false. False on all levels both Thai and Farang. Have you ever dated a lady boy? Have you ever talked to the family of a lady boy? Why post when you have not a clue what you are on about?

Have you ?

I know farangs that go after ladyboys in particular and dont make a big secret out of it, some even choose to act dumb but really know what theyre really getting into. Or what's getting into them. whistling.gif

Edited by KRS1

Have you ?

pot shouldnt call the kettle black

Of course I have. And I have many lady boy friends and business associates. And I know their families.

Unlucky, also the Thai lady boys becoming older, and older, and.... a lady man!

Plus almost all of the 'last business generation' of them abused HGH as the first step, in changing to boobs.

The jaw, the hands, the feet, the height, how do you think, that looks in a age of 'old chubby men', for them?

ermm.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

Can Thai 100% gender changer change the gender in the id-card/passport? Don't think so, last time I read about, they couldn't!

Have you ?

pot shouldnt call the kettle black

Of course I have. And I have many lady boy friends and business associates. And I know their families.

So youre saying that you date ladyboys?

Plus almost all of the 'last business generation' of them abused HGH as the first step, in changing to boobs.

The jaw, the hands, the feet, the height, how do you think, that looks in a age of 'old chubby men', for them?

ermm.gif

i have never seen a ladygrandpa in thailand.

ermm.gif

i have never seen a ladygrandpa in thailand.

Lucky you! Even in there mid 40's it's mostly not so great to look at, anymore. crying.gif

But maybe you have, but don't really noticed.

Or do you think, they disappear, after getting 25 or 30?

Edited by noob7