Aircon Problems

MESmith

When I start my truck & aircon, no cool air, only outside temperature air blows for 5 - 10 minutes. Then it starts to blow cold air. Very cold. Any ideas what might be at fault. Would prefer to have some idea of the problem before heading to aircon repair shop.

you have the new ranger or mazda right? someone spoke about issues with the air con on one of those threads previously, mostly about it being freezing cold all the time. maybe check in those topics?

It's my old truck that has the problem, not the Ranger.

you have the new ranger or mazda right? someone spoke about issues with the air con on one of those threads previously, mostly about it being freezing cold all the time. maybe check in those topics?

so much for that theory then. my aircon in my condo is like that, takes a few minutes for the thing to juice itself up. i seem to remember way back in the day that aircons (maybe when freon was still used?) had to be recharged from time to time.

Sorry for not being much help, i am sure one of the resident mechanics will be along shortly to sort you out proper.

Thanks for clearing this out .......

...check the compressor clutch...looks like it's not engaging from the start...do you switch off the AC before you stop the engine?...or just leave it on?

Thanks for clearing this out .......

...check the compressor clutch...looks like it's not engaging from the start...do you switch off the AC before you stop the engine?...or just leave it on?

Always switch off first.

Gas pressure could be a little low. Don't worry about turning A/C off. l have never done it and never had issues. smile.png

Same for me, but that does not mean it does not potentially have any issues.

Thats right. When pressure gets too low the system will not function. A little low will take way longer to reach temperature. BUT, l am guessing. smile.png

Gas pressure could be a little low. Don't worry about turning A/C off. l have never done it and never had issues. smile.png

Same for me, but that does not mean it does not potentially have any issues.

Thats right. When pressure gets too low the system will not function. A little low will take way longer to reach temperature. BUT, l am guessing. smile.png

When it gets a little low, it will start freezing up. When it gets real low, it will quit working.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Took the truck in today to get the aircon fixed. They fixed a leak & replaced the expansion valve & accumulator. 2000Bt. Running normal all the way home.

After driving the new Ranger for the last month, the Strada seemed rather "agricultural", and altho' the raised 4WD model, I felt as if I was almost sitting on the road. Oh, and I forgot about using the clutch when selecting reverse biggrin.png

• Like 1

Update. Took the truck in today to get the aircon fixed. They fixed a leak & replaced the expansion valve & accumulator. 2000Bt. Running normal all the way home.

After driving the new Ranger for the last month, the Strada seemed rather "agricultural", and altho' the raised 4WD model, I felt as if I was almost sitting on the road. Oh, and I forgot about using the clutch when selecting reverse biggrin.png

...ARRRRlaugh.png GGHHHHTT...

So, you don't think wifey would prefer the Ranger (remark about a post of yours in another thread)? Esp. if it is automatic and she had only manuals... thumbsup.gif