Thai Breakfast

phuturatica

I'm guessing some of these dishes are Bangkokian, right? I seldom see them being cooked in Pattaya.

No, mostly breakfast dishes in this post are all around Thailand, I said about Tom Lued Moo in Pattaya Klang, it is very famous among Thais, not just pattaya residents but well known to Thai tourists.

Khao Tom, Jok, Patong Ko, they are easily found in most Thai local markets in the morning time.

Except Khai Kata (egg pan), only can be easily found as breakfast in Isaan especially around Ubon, but in other parts of Thailand including Bangkok, can be seen only in Vietnamese restaurant.

Edited by paggamb

Many Thanks Paggamb,

Khanon Kai Hong are the ones. Simply delicious!

Sorry, I am not sure of the name, but the lady who pushes the food cart past the office in the morning also sells a plastic bag full of a type of donut, completely round, sort of dark on the outside with an interesting tasting herb within. If any one knows the name of these - I would be interested to hear. They are very different from the Patong Kho in SBK's post.

I guess you mean ขนมไข่หงส์ "khanom khai hong" khanom = dessert, khai hong = swan's egg

They are fried sugar coated flour made from sticky rice flour and sweet potatoes stuffed with salty herbs and mashed green beans.

kaihong5.jpg

There is another kind of Khanom that look like this, but smaller and just sweet fried bun, no stuffed inside called Khanom Khai Nok Krata ขนมไข่นกกระทา Khai Nok Krata = quail's egg

horapa20070504_160843.jpg

I don't live in Issan and I start work at 7:15am I don't exactly have time to be going to morning markets to be fair.

Also fermented fish is horrid. sick.gif

Markets are in full swing about 5am. Have to eat breakfast on the way homesmile.png