Where Are All The Thaiexpat Tv Users Here....is There A Boycot?

belidofan

A boycott for what? What type of discussion were you expecting to find?

i would think this is great news for native english folks (and others), an excellent alternative for the almighty truevisons and i would welcome opinions & comments about it before deciding to purchase their box... do i feel aggressivness in your response?....The (local) hua hin forum has 6 pages, i see nothing here on tv....just wondering......

i would think this is great news for native english folks (and others), an excellent alternative for the almighty truevisons and i would welcome opinions & comments about it before deciding to purchase their box... do i feel aggressivness in your response?....The (local) hua hin forum has 6 pages, i see nothing here on tv....just wondering......

blink.png

Aggressiveness in a couple of simple questions ?

Seriously ??!!

I guess I assumed you'd run a search using a few variations on the search term, "ThaiExpat TV".

There isn't a sticky or dedicated forum for it - it's just not that important - but it and the pros/cons of buying the set-top box have been discussed in great depth here.

I subscribed just for the Olympics which was very good to have, other than that not really bothered watching it. Be good if they had some PL football channels.

It annoys me there is no mute button, or no minimize. Basically they only cover 7/8 channels, the rest are catch up, which honestly you could easily download in HD

Living in Thailand, I am not really bothered about watching Sky news

• 1 month later...

@belidofan

If you want the BBC and Itv channels it works great i watch it everyday and have done for the last 4 months

i would be lost now without Minder and the Professional's and Deal or no Deal .

I would be happy to re_sell this product for them since i have 1000s of loyal customer's

hope that helps you @

Edited by IPTVThailand
  • Like 1

Hi, not sure if repeating as does not seem a lot on Thaivisa about this.

From what I read there are 3 VPN systems available:

iPtv Thailand at 15000 Baht per year - a bit steep!

Thai- expat tv at 600 baht per month

my-expat-telly.com at £ 5 per month = 250 Baht.

Such a difference in price, but unsure if they offer the same, it seems Thai expat tv and my expat-telly have the same programs.

I am on a current 2 day trial with thai-expat tv and it is great to see all the shows you cant see on True Visions.

I have just tested Thaiexpat TV the last few days - the (new) Mac software only via my Mac mini. Was with lan cable directly to router. Was impressed with the speed and ease of menu. Picture good and sound clear.

Negatives was (the Mac software still says Beta so that can be why) - the full screen button I never got to work. Also; scrolling in the TV guide as well as programs list was almost impossible as there were no (working) buttons for same - and using the mouse to "grab and scroll) most often meant that it grabbed the program instead - after which it would only allow limited scroll (hard to explain here really!).

Not being British the selections seemed mighty UK focused - but there were also good portion international stuff.

Cheers!

Thaiexpat.tv works fine on my iPad, also the TV Guide. Smooth scrolling!

On the Mac scrolling is not easy, it seams to be the same code as for the iPad. Mac specific code would be nice, then scrolling would not have to be like simulating a "touch and push" with a mouse.

Fullscreen on the Mac works for me, using OS X Lion and latest Safari.

Since they have the new TV Guide, I'm getting addicted. It's so easy now to watch what I like whenever I like. I love it!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had Thai Expat TV since September. Brilliant, I'd be lost without it. Shows you how good REAL English TV is, and to think I put up with True for so long. I would be really bereft without the wonderful drama and the high standard of programs. I will be renewing my membership for 2 years come March 2013.When will True realize that it's the quality of programs not the quality of picture that really counts.

I have had Thai Expat TV since September. Brilliant, I'd be lost without it. Shows you how good REAL English TV is, and to think I put up with True for so long. I would be really bereft without the wonderful drama and the high standard of programs. I will be renewing my membership for 2 years come March 2013.When will True realize that it's the quality of programs not the quality of picture that really counts.

Yes it is nice to have the BBC and ITV Channels i dont use the pc software i have the box and its really not bad great little device

what make it so unique is that it does have EPG which is pretty handy . The box and 1yr cost nearly 15'000 baht but its well worth every penny for some classic british tv .

• Like 1

Such a difference in price, but unsure if they offer the same, it seems Thai expat tv and my expat-telly have the same programs.

I am on a current 2 day trial with thai-expat tv and it is great to see all the shows you cant see on True Visions.

Your price quotes here are wrong on our products not true

Thai IptV Box inc 1 Year Free Viewing = 7'900 Baht ( its TRUE ) 2ND Year Renewal = 7'000 Baht

[ + VOD + XXX Adult included ] Nearly 100 Channels + 17 HD true are included

Super IpTv Box English Box now 80 Channels 1 Year Free Viewing 12'500 Baht - 2ND Year Renewal = 6'000 Baht

on the English box you get channels that YOU CANNOT get anywhere else in Thailand look channels carefully

Its Unique with its channels and cheap !!

Our Products are not PC based / you get a receiver box HD

Edited by IPTVThailand

Don't forget forum sponsor UK-TV at 860 Baht a month http://www.uk-tv.asia/ , 13 channels and a 7 day EPG (5 days of historical programming).

Big plus for those on crappy connections is its ability to bridge over periods of poor connectivity with a 15 minute buffer. As long as you can average 1.5-2Mbps it will work with no interuptions.

Unlike some of the above it works worldwide, I'm using it in Singapore on a hotel internet connection, a perfect antidote for the state controlled media here :)

Don't forget forum sponsor UK-TV at 860 Baht a month http://www.uk-tv.asia/ , 13 channels and a 7 day EPG (5 days of historical programming).

Big plus for those on crappy connections is its ability to bridge over periods of poor connectivity with a 15 minute buffer. As long as you can average 1.5-2Mbps it will work with no interuptions.

Unlike some of the above it works worldwide, I'm using it in Singapore on a hotel internet connection, a perfect antidote for the state controlled media here smile.png

I have tested the demo mode of uk-tv-asia its not bad pic quality is ok and as you say as some above are not international

Our Super IpTv English and Indian and Chinese work also worldwide .

If uk-tv-asia are intrested in selling this product get them to contact me by PM

Im looking for a UK Product to add to our shopping cart

Edited by astral
Removal of e-mail addr as per fprum rules

• 4 weeks later...

blink.png

Aggressiveness in a couple of simple questions ?

Seriously ??!!

I guess I assumed you'd run a search using a few variations on the search term, "ThaiExpat TV".

There isn't a sticky or dedicated forum for it - it's just not that important - but it and the pros/cons of buying the set-top box have been discussed in great depth here.

I think a lot of the expats, particularly the retirees in Thailand, are too busy drinking and getting drunk, to bother much about computers.

To throw another hat into the ring: https://ilikehd.com

They're pretty new, though don't really have many international TV channels (and the ones they do have are usually in Thai audio anyway), but they have tons of great movies with selectable audio and subtitles. Their prices are fair and service is good. And you can watch on iPhone/iPad or their Android app (which works great with those Android HDMI TV sticks that are popular these days).

If you do sign up, enter 1931 as the referrer ID and I'll get some bonus points :D

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Old thread I know but looking at thaiexpat.tv and wondering if to go android or Apple TV ....

Anyone got either and recommend ?

I am interested in this also but when I looked at the site I did not fully understand how it worked on the ATV? Does it only work in airplay mode? Or will it stream to ATVs via centrally connected computer/iTunes?

I am a bit of a computer duffer, but airplay seems to require that I have the apple IOS device near the TV?? And then I stream from the IOS device to the ATV??