Have Multiple Entry Visa-Do I Need A Re-Entry Permit?

I have a 1 year multiple entry Immigration B work visa and 1 year work permit. I just got my first 90 day passport stamp.On the stamp it says to apply for a re-entry permit even though I have a multiple entry visa. My question is, do I need to apply for a rentry permit to keep my visa valid or is it ok just to fly out and fly back in without losing any of the 1 year priveleges granted? And if I do need one, how and where and how much? Thanks in advance for informed replies

You either have one of the following:

- a 1 year multiple entry visa and you exit Thailand every 90 days, in which case you don't need a re-entry permit or do 90 day reporting.

- a 1 year multiple entry visa and you extended your stay for 1 year at immigration and do 90 day reports. In this case you need a re-entry permit to keep the 1 year extension alive if you plan to leave the country.

• Like 1

Is there an entry on your visa "No. of Entry" and does it have an M ?

Also, does your visa have an "Enter Before" date and what is that date ?

I have an Non-Immigrant O-A visa with M for multiple entry and as long as I was entering the Kingdom before the "Enter Before" date, I could leave and return without a re-entry permit. If I leave and then attempt to return after the "Enter Before" date, I will need a re-entry permit.

Is there an entry on your visa "No. of Entry" and does it have an M ?

Also, does your visa have an "Enter Before" date and what is that date ?

I have an Non-Immigrant O-A visa with M for multiple entry and as long as I was entering the Kingdom before the "Enter Before" date, I could leave and return without a re-entry permit. If I leave and then attempt to return after the "Enter Before" date, I will need a re-entry permit.

My visa has an "M" and enter before June 2013

So its 2 for me and therefore need to apply for re-entry on your reckoning-can you please advise how this is done?

You apply for a re-entry permit at your immigration office. You fill in a form and give a passport photo and pay the fee. The fee is 1,000 baht for a single and 3,800 baht for a multiple.

The multiple can be used unlimited times, but only for as long as your current permission to stay is valid. A new permission to stay means you ened a new re-entry permit if leaving.

You must always re-enter before the permission to stay ends, as that is also when the re-entry permit ends. If you arrive back later, you need a new visa.

I forgot.

The airport also has a re-entry permit desk, but is only open between 06:00 and 24:00 hours. Price is also slightly higher, but believe they take your picture themselves. It is an emergency service, so you must have a ticket out for the same day and have checked in for your flight.

Best is always to apply at your own immirgaiton ofice.

So its 2 for me and therefore need to apply for re-entry on your reckoning-can you please advise how this is done?

You apply for a re-entry permit at your immigration office. You fill in a form and give a passport photo and pay the fee. The fee is 1,000 baht for a single and 3,800 baht for a multiple.

The multiple can be used unlimited times, but only for as long as your current permission to stay is valid. A new permission to stay means you ened a new re-entry permit if leaving.

You must always re-enter before the permission to stay ends, as that is also when the re-entry permit ends. If you arrive back later, you need a new visa.

Please excuse my ignorance and confusion. I have already paid for a multiple re-entry visa in Aus. So my situation is that I have a 1 year visa, multiple entry and need to report every 90 days as you pointed out. I intend to fly to Aus on business for a week only. So I still need to make another application for re-entry? Despite having a 1 year visa multi-?

The question is what you have, as outlined in my post 2.

The 1 year multiple non-B visa is valid for 1 year, and during it's validity it allows you to travel to Thailand an unlimited number of times. But it only allows a stay of up to 90 days at a time, after that you have to leave the country.

You can apply for a 1 year extension of stay at immigraiton, if you didi that, you need to have a re-entry permit to keep the 1 year extension of stay alive.

Did you go to immirgaiton with your workk permit and compnay papers and applied for an extension to stay? Or simply tell till when are you allowed to stay in Thailand. That should be a date ater June 2013 or is it a date still in this year?

If he has a multiple entry visa and he exits Thailand BEFORE his "permission to stay" stamp expires, and then re-enters Thailand BEFORE his "Enter Before" date; Why would he need any re-entry permit.?

If he has a multiple entry visa and he exits Thailand BEFORE his "permission to stay" stamp expires, and then re-enters Thailand BEFORE his "Enter Before" date; Why would he need any re-entry permit.?

He has a multiple entry visa, but might also have an extension of stay. He would lose his extension of stay without a re-entry permit.

• Like 1

Wow! I think I need an attorney!

I went to immigration last week, with all of the paper work and got the extension until June 2013- Then I upgraded work permit to coincide (paper work intact). So as I understand it I can stay and work until next June, with only the mandatory 90 day reporting to immigration. All done and dusted (I think)

I will fly out for 1 week only. The stamp in my passport from Immigration office provides a warning "Notice: to keep your stay permit re-entry permit must be made before leaving Thailand" But I have a multiple re-entry visa (the 3,800 Baht one). So should I apply for re-entry visa-yes or no or maybe?

Yes, you need a re-entry permit to keep the extension of stay alive.

You could leave without a re-entry permit, but then the extension of stay expires. Meaning when you return you will only get a stamp for another 90 days and must apply for a new extension of stay again with all the paperwork and pay 1,900 baht again.

Maybe its a nomenclature misunderstanding-visa, permission to stay, re-entry permit-these are not interchangable terms right?

Correct, you cannot interchange them. They are different things and many people mix them up.

About June 2013. That seem strnage,as most immirgaiton offices would give you 1 year from applying, so till Septemebr 2013.

• Like 1

In other words you obtained a one year extension of stay using a TM.7 form and paying 1,900 baht at immigration and are now permitted to stay until xx June 2013 so you now have to obtain re-entry permit for any travel to keep that extensions of stay alive.

Maybe its a nomenclature misunderstanding-visa, permission to stay, re-entry permit-these are not interchangable terms right?

Correct, you cannot interchange them. They are different things and many people mix them up.

About June 2013. That seem strnage,as most immirgaiton offices would give you 1 year from applying, so till Septemebr 2013.

I arrived 3 months ago. I did all the 90 day things (immigration, work permit) They (immigration and labour) synchronised permits/visas/permissions etc to be the same date and also to coincide with my work contract expiration which is slightly less than 12 months-that explains why its not exactly 1 year.

Many thanks for weighing through the tedium-I hope this helps other people too.

Wow! I think I need an attorney!

I went to immigration last week, with all of the paper work and got the extension until June 2013- Then I upgraded work permit to coincide (paper work intact). So as I understand it I can stay and work until next June, with only the mandatory 90 day reporting to immigration. All done and dusted (I think)

I will fly out for 1 week only. The stamp in my passport from Immigration office provides a warning "Notice: to keep your stay permit re-entry permit must be made before leaving Thailand" But I have a multiple re-entry visa (the 3,800 Baht one). So should I apply for re-entry visa-yes or no or maybe?

Previously you said that you had a visa a "My visa has an "M" and enter before June 2013" (It should have an actual date, not just month and year). Now you are saying that you have an "extension until June 2013". That's different.

Also, since Immigration has stamped your passport telling you to get a re-entry permit, I would suggest you do so before you leave on your one week trip.

You are saying the June is what immigration put in your passport on a stamp "permitted to stay"? Your posting is very unclear and to provide specific answers we need to be sure what you have.

Yes what I said is accurate-it is this contradiction which has confused me-if the post is unclear, it is because the signals I am getting from immigration dont make sense either.The stamp says extension of stay permitted up to June 2013..holder must leave kingdom within date specified...etc

OK it seems you have a set contract for only until June and so provided an extension of stay only until that date. Yes you need re-entry permit for any travel to keep it alive and yes you must do 90 day address reports when staying longer than 90 days from the date extension applied for.

• Like 1

OK it seems you have a set contract for only until June and so provided an extension of stay only until that date. Yes you need re-entry permit for any travel to keep it alive and yes you must do 90 day address reports when staying longer than 90 days from the date extension applied for.

OK thankyou