Diet Drink Problems

Gonzo the Face

Has anyone else experienced this problem.

Since the great diet drink scarcity of last year and earlier this year I have been experiencing can leakage.

The tops are completely sealed, albeit with the Coke products, it seems to be somewhat of a new can design, and there is no obviously hole in the can. Sometimes if you have shaken the can around a bit, there is a fine jet of a spray coming out. I have had probably a dozen or so cans in the past few months.

Anyone else run across this happening ???

G

yup...had a can with a hole it (no obvious hole) just the other day... squeeze the can, you could hear air whisper out.... it went straight into the bin. Also, the actual material the can is made out of seemed to be thinner on that can... i compared it to other empty cans and it crushed easier.

Diet soft drinks are just as bad for you, or even worse, than regular ones. Lots of studies show this, do your homework.

They don't make you lose weight, the chemicals in them cause all sorts of nasty effects, and they taste worse than regular soft drinks (if that's possible). Give your body a chance to get used to natural drinks.

Water, coconut water, freshly squeezed fruit juice, green tea (not the plastic bottle variety as that's full of added caffeine and sugar)... so many things you could drink that taste good, and actually improve your health in some way, rather than the other way round. Anyways, the choice is yours.

Diet soft drinks are just as bad for you, or even worse, than regular ones. Lots of studies show this, do your homework.

They don't make you lose weight, the chemicals in them cause all sorts of nasty effects, and they taste worse than regular soft drinks (if that's possible). Give your body a chance to get used to natural drinks.

Water, coconut water, freshly squeezed fruit juice, green tea (not the plastic bottle variety as that's full of added caffeine and sugar)... so many things you could drink that taste good, and actually improve your health in some way, rather than the other way round. Anyways, the choice is yours.

That is very nice of you to post that, but do you have any comment re the cans leaking.....??????

and before anyone suggests it......... he doesnt need a plumber either

They don't make you lose weight,

A major study came out recently that directly contradicts this. I'm too lazy to Google it, but it has been all over the news.

I drink Coke light and usually have a can a day, sometimes more depending on if I meet others out. I haven't had this problem with any of them so far.

Whew, I thought you were about to tell us that cokes were becoming scarce again. Now everybody's going to start hoarding.

I drink Coke light and usually have a can a day, sometimes more depending on if I meet others out. I haven't had this problem with any of them so far.

Whew, I thought you were about to tell us that cokes were becoming scarce again. Now everybody's going to start hoarding.

actually, i could not find an diet coke in tesco/lotus kamthien (off superhighway 11) last 2 weeks... ended up buying at rimping.

btw.. i average less than one can a day and have watched these "scientific" reports popping up right and left.

Mildly amusing to see peoples reactions who don't understand that correlation is NOT causation. But papers have to sell "news" and scientists/researchers have to "publish" ... so america and its constant stream of fear based journalism finds a good opportunity to blame (correlate) just about anything with anything.

I mean, what is the correlation between drug users and breast feeders ?

I leave you with that thought/image

• Like 1

Well you obviously have not tried Pepsi Max. I agree that water is good for you up to a point. I have a fiend who is only allowed about a liter and a half a day. Over that and it takes the needed salt out of his system. Never heard of coconut water and as for freshly squeezed fruit juice. How good is it for you any how what with all the chemicals they use to grow the fruits and pesticides.

Not sure but have they not been cross bred and what not over the years to give them a better look and take away some of the natural goodness of them. Take strawberries for instance they taste nothing like the ones I grew up with.

A major study came out recently that directly contradicts this. I'm too lazy to Google it, but it has been all over the news.

If you google it you can find anything you want. Now they are saying a cup or two of coffee a day are good for you. goggling can be a big help but it is also much like a Thai Poll where they get a answer and then proceed to find the people who agree with it.

Steady on before I crac-kup here thumbsup.gif

actually, i was obliquely referring to a recent news article where a Northern woman seduced and drugged a man (doctor?) by anointing her breasts with a drug that rendered the poor guy senseless....

actually, i was obliquely referring to a recent news article where a Northern woman seduced and drugged a man (doctor?) by anointing her breasts with a drug that rendered the poor guy senseless....

.....and her can leaked ????????

If you google it you can find anything you want.

True, but finding a major study that says what you want is a lot more difficult.

It's easy to find studies that indicate a correlation (which does not equal causation, fair enough) between diet soda and stroke, as well as obesity.

As for the major study Ulysses talks about, I did a bit of googling but came up blank, which seems strange if it has really been all over the news.

It's easy to find studies that indicate a correlation (which does not equal causation, fair enough) between diet soda and stroke, as well as obesity.

As for the major study Ulysses talks about, I did a bit of googling but came up blank, which seems strange if it has really been all over the news.

The problem with studies is that they typically ignore other lifestyle choices that play a significant role. For instance, years ago there was a scare involving breast implants that caused a whole lot of women to have their's removed. As I understand it, it turned out that it wasn't implants that were causing the increase in disease etc but it turned out that women that get breast implants tended to lead less healthy lifestyles. The problem wasn't the implants.

So people that drink diet sodas could very well be drinking those with bacon double cheeseburgers and a large fries at every meal.

Just saying, studies are often very misleading unless the controls are properly in place.

Back to the question of why leaking cans. A mate used to own a coke truck and he said the cans burst all the time. Even when he picked them up. Said it was usually from transport rubbing together in the pallet.

• Like 1

Back to the question of why leaking cans. A mate used to own a coke truck and he said the cans burst all the time. Even when he picked them up. Said it was usually from transport rubbing together in the pallet.

So simple as that you think you have it all sorted then, do you? And not just the diet ones eh? Likely story.....I'll see what I can google.

Some remedial work needed here.

How about taking each can and having them pressure tested before buying?

Take each can and have them reinforce welded.

Wait.... wait wait..... plastic bottle perhaps?

Burst / pin hole leaks.

What's the difference. If its done a few k's in a truck. Vibration can definately be a factor.

I watched a documentry the other day about a bottling plant for coke and it was mentioned the bottles are at about 100psi when full.

Id guess cans are similar

Edited by eeeya