• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Online Bank Payments To Pattaya Electric Co.

LukDod

How to setup your Thai bank to pay your monthly Pattaya electric bill:

Last week, I tried to use my online account with Bangkok bank to

setup automatic payments for my monthly Pattaya electric bill.

I found that I can make payments to the Metropolitan Electric Co

which serve the Bangkok area, and doesn't help me at all, but cannot setup

payments online for the Pattaya Provincial electric company!

So, I've since found to establish automatic monthly payments, by your bank,

for Pattaya's Provincial Electric Co., you need to perform the following ...hassle:

Take a copy of your electric bill, bank book and either passport or a current

5-year driver's license which will have your passport's number...

...and drive to the Pattaya Electric company's office.

Go north on Suk/Hwy-3, about 6-7km and turn left on the street next to and

before the large Banglamung police station. The electric company's office is

on the left, about 250-meters down the road after turning off of Suk/Hwy-3.

A gal at the desk in the middle of the room, who spoke English, will fill out a

form (in Thai), using the info from the documents your brought.

Next take the completed form _back_ to your bank. The bank will

stamp and sign the form and make a copy for their records.

Now, again you need to go to the Pattaya Electric company's office,

with the stamped/signed form and your bank book, passport, etc. and a gal

located on the 2nd floor will enter the info in her computer. Your now good to go...

I'd been paying bills for years at 7/11....but....

I sometimes take extended motorcycle trips (Cambo, Laos, Malaysia) and a few times returned earlier than planned, due to bills becoming due.

Sometimes I've paid more than the amount due, to hopefully cover the next months' invoice..

I don't want to return home and find I've no electricity, water, internet or phone service.

Now, that I've (finally) initiated automatic payments for all my Thai bills, I've no more worries.

Go to your bank and tell them that you want direct debit of your Pattaya electric bill. They will give you a form with all you account information on it. Take that form to the electric company office located on the same soi as the Bamlamung Amphur and within several weeks they will start debiting your electric bill from your Thai bank account. Do it right after you paid your last bill and you might get it started by the next bill, but like most things here, your mileage may vary

You can do the same with water but be prepared to wait up to 4 months for it to take effect. Don't ask me why the electric company can do it so fast, yet the water company takes forever

post-10942-0-39809900-1348496389_thumb.p

Go to your bank and tell them that you want direct debit of your Pattaya electric bill. They will give you a form with all you account information on it. Take that form to the electric company office located on the same soi as the Bamlamung Amphur and within several weeks they will start debiting your electric bill from your Thai bank account. Do it right after you paid your last bill and you might get it started by the next bill, but like most things here, your mileage may vary

You can do the same with water but be prepared to wait up to 4 months for it to take effect. Don't ask me why the electric company can do it so fast, yet the water company takes forever

post-10942-0-39809900-1348496389_thumb.p

The water company definitely is daft.

I live at the same place for the last 7 years. 4 months ago I stopped getting water bills. Not wishing to get cut of, I went to the water office armed with the meter number and my address.

They told me I noted the meter number down wrong as it's not in their computer system.

They were not able to do a search on address.

Went back the next day, after checking I did write down the number correctly (which I did). Also took a picture of the meter with my phone.

They again told me I wrote down the number wrong, after which I showed them the foto on my phone.

Lots of Oooh's and Aaaah's, nobody having any idea what to do about it.

4 months later, still no bills, and luckily still not cut of.

Am expecting a rather big bill one of the days, or come home in the evening with the meter taken away.

And somehow I have this nagging feeling that they will find a way to blame me and slap reconnection fees on top of regular usage....

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

Since I cannot be bothered to park 300 yards up the road or at Big C I present myself to the TOT office on Pattaya Klang and pay 6 months in advance. They send me a bill every month for a zero amount and when I received one demanding money I hand over that amount and another 6 months rental. I never use the land line and just pay 107 baht per month just to keep the telephone for emergencies and to help when I decide to sell my house. Nobody in their right mind would buy/rent a property without a line already installed.

Electricity and water are paid by direct debit. Truevision is settled by Internet. The ladies at 3BB tell me that I have to pay cash which, they providing my Internet service, I find a tad strange.