Abusive Text Messages

kaliYUGA

Is there anything I can do about a series of abusive text messages (sent by my wife)?

We're talking about stuff like this ...

"**** off and die, I will sons"

She has not included a verb here, which doesn't make it any less upsetting, as you can imagine (it could mean what? Hurt, punish. ????)

About 12 minutes later it was ...

"Stay and die their [sp!]."

Even if there is nothing I can do under the law, can I file a complaint at a police station and would you recommend I do so?

I'd appreciate your opinions ...

Save the messages, you never know when they will be needed to be used in evidence in a court of law.

In the short term, use the informal Thai patron-client system. Who does she have to kowtow to? Her boss, her parents, the headman of her village? Report the incident to them and ask them to tell her to stop. Clearly do not respond directly to her. Use an intermediary if you cannot speak Thai well enough to, say, contact her parents.

• 2 weeks later...

Realistically the best way to stop these texts is to resolve whatever issue is causing them to be sent. You know better than anybody else why you are receiving these texts and you know better than anybody else if there are any potential consequences for ignoring them.

So my advice would be to ask yourself.