Are There Any Farang Friendly Payment Gateways In Thailand

shadiadi

• 2 weeks later...

Paypal! By far the easiest and well trusted by customers.

However not well trusted by merchants! Accounts locked for silly reasons and then need lots of paperwork to get unlocked....

Thaiepay and paysbuy are the local players, not too expensive and easy on foreigners...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

Hello,

Do you mean that it's easy to use Thaiepay and paysbuy without many documents or show my work permit ?

Do they integrate easily with CMS as Drupal or Joomla ?\

The problem with Paypal is that they are not clear worldwide about the possibility to pay without opening a Paypal account.

Also some customers do not want to give their bank or credit card info to Paypal.

Thanks !

However not well trusted by merchants! Accounts locked for silly reasons and then need lots of paperwork to get unlocked....

Thaiepay and paysbuy are the local players, not too expensive and easy on foreigners...

Hello,

Do you mean that it's easy to use Thaiepay and paysbuy without many documents or show my work permit ?

The problem with Paypal is that they are not clear worldwide about the possibility to pay without opening a Paypal account.

Also some customers do not want to give their bank or credit card info to Paypal.

Thanks !

The possibility to pay without opening an account is a setting with your own PayPal account and IMHO I'd rather pay PayPal than some Thailand merchant if I was in america

Hello,

Thanks !

The possibility to pay without opening an account is a setting with your own PayPal account and IMHO I'd rather pay PayPal than some Thailand merchant if I was in america

Have you ever made a website ?

:-)

Hello,

Thanks !

Have you ever made a website ?

:-)

Several,

:)

So please tell me where is the option in Paypal ? Because I couldn't find it and what I can see until now is that showing or not clearly that customers can pay without a Paypal account depends on the the countr from where they try to Pay.

Thank you !

I cannot speak for the merchant side of things here in LOS but as someone needing to move funds around to places including thailand I find Moneybookers to be great. They are kinda a UK based paypal type processor and have been around for like 10 years now.

Well if you do paypal empty your account everyday,if just one customer complains about your webiste the lock your acocunt for just any stupid reason-Happend to my company.Moneybookers is great,they are growing a lot, but also have a look at CCBill.supergood.All they want is 2 copy of id or passport and some other paperwork,easy.You can have it company name or privat as merchant.They are litlte bit expensive.charge you from 16% and dropping down depending on your salesnumbers so pricy it you are a smal business but easy.

Edited by crille30
  • Like 1

Well if you do paypal empty your account everyday,if just one customer complains about your webiste the lock your acocunt for just any stupid reason-Happend to my company.Moneybookers is great,they are growing a lot, but also have a look at CCBill.supergood.All they want is 2 copy of id or passport and some other paperwork,easy.You can have it company name or privat as merchant.They are litlte bit expensive.charge you from 16% and dropping down depending on your salesnumbers so pricy it you are a smal business but easy.

And if you empty your account every day, they block you the account because you empty the account.

My Paypal was blocked because I received 500 USD from a customer in Australia and I emptied the account.

They than wanted a lot of ridiculous documents (bank statement, invoices from our supplier). On emails you don't get any human answer.

On the phone they told us they blocked the account because if the customer is complaining they could not book the money back. They still wanted a lot documents and asked the customer per email if everything is OK.

If the customer would not have answered we would still have problems.

So if going the Paypal route, open a Paypal also for your wife, your mother, father and grandmother so you always have one spare when they block one.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...