Hilton Dinner Buffet

jpatj

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt sorry for you so googled the hotel info ...

Edge - This beachfront restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available.

Flare - This fine-dining restaurant serves dinner only. Reservations are required.

Drift - This coffee shop is located on the beach. Afternoon tea is offered. Reservations are required.

Shore - This restaurant is located by the pool.

Horizon - This beachfront restaurant serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.

24-hour room service is available.

Edge - This beachfront restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available.

Flare - This fine-dining restaurant serves dinner only. Reservations are required.

Drift - This coffee shop is located on the beach. Afternoon tea is offered. Reservations are required.

Horizon - This beachfront restaurant serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.

Been here twice. It's very nice food and probably the best value for money in Pattaya. The views from the restaurant are superb. Casual dress even shorts no problem.

http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/lunch-on-the-edge-5757

• Like 1

Hi, been to Hilton lunch and dinner Buffets. Lunch roughly 300 Baht and Dinner 800 Baht.

4 star or more, lunch and dinner. Dinner has far more selection and worth it. The lunch at 300 Baht is a better deal than most other places in the 300 Baht range. Deserts at both are to die for. Terrific views as well.

You can also reserve a private Sala for groups.

Drinks are separate but not that expensive.

Hi, been to Hilton lunch and dinner Buffets. Lunch roughly 300 Baht and Dinner 800 Baht.

4 star or more, lunch and dinner. Dinner has far more selection and worth it. The lunch at 300 Baht is a better deal than most other places in the 300 Baht range. Deserts at both are to die for. Terrific views as well.

Thank you.Ok i am going to leave now before the trolls come out to play.

Yes peter you are a great man don't worry about it thumbsup.gif

Been here twice. It's very nice food and probably the best value for money in Pattaya. The views from the restaurant are superb. Casual dress even shorts no problem.

http://www.pattayama...n-the-edge-5757

lol , the link will still take you there.

I too have been there twice, the first time was a novelty but fine, on the second visit my gf (who is a lawyer) told me when we were at home, that the chef removed some of the vegetables from the plate which she handed for stir frying,(strange as buffets usually mean eat what you want) then looked her up and down obviously thinking that she was from the dubious side of Pattayas' life, making her feel very uncomfortable.

She had also told them when she booked that it was my birthday, and coud they arrange a small cake, which they did for my pal on the first visit, needless to say, No Cake,

The next day when I looked at the bill 10% service charge added, and 7% tax

As nice as the restaurant is, I doubt that we will be hurrying back

Can anyone confirm this is still accurate..

These are on a rotational basis, with seven days and seven themes:

Mon - Wrap & Roll (THB 300 / Dinner THB 700)

Tue - Pizza Pasta (THB 300 / Dinner THB 700)

Wed - Sandwich & Burger (THB 300 / Dinner THB 700)

Thu - Asian Noodles (THB 300 / Dinner THB 700)

Fri - Seafood (THB 400 / Dinner THB 900)

Sat - Signature dishes & Huge dessert buffet (THB 300 / Dinner THB 700)

Sun - Brunch (THB 1200 / Dinner THB 700)

Edited by Jayman

monday is BBQ day now

• Like 1

I too have been there twice, the first time was a novelty but fine, on the second visit my gf (who is a lawyer) told me when we were at home, that the chef removed some of the vegetables from the plate which she handed for stir frying,(strange as buffets usually mean eat what you want) then looked her up and down obviously thinking that she was from the dubious side of Pattayas' life, making her feel very uncomfortable.

She had also told them when she booked that it was my birthday, and coud they arrange a small cake, which they did for my pal on the first visit, needless to say, No Cake,

The next day when I looked at the bill 10% service charge added, and 7% tax

As nice as the restaurant is, I doubt that we will be hurrying back

big hotel chains like this always add 10+7 %. nothing new here and not a reason not to go there anymore in my opinion. you just have to know they do it.

cheers

monday is BBQ day now

also its 350 baht net now for lunch and the ++ is included

• Like 1

monday is BBQ day now

well 350thb all in seems fair enough.. Thanks for the updates.. I have been meaning to take the wife for lunch one day but not sure which day would be best for us.

Edited by Jayman

monday is BBQ day now

Is the dinner menu a continuation of the lunch theme

or the same menu every evening?

monday is BBQ day now

Is the dinner menu a continuation of the lunch theme

or the same menu every evening?

same themes as the lunch menu

Lunch is 350 baht. You say it's "a better deal than most other places in the 300 baht range".... where are the better deals?

Dinner is 800 baht except on Friday it's 900 with a focus on seafood - they bring out the oysters.

These are net prices. On the bill they still itemize the 10% and 7% taxes which they are still paying out of your 350/800 baht.

Edited by tropo

WOW I wish I was fat. I can't even eat 100 baht worth of food here without being full. :(

Personally, I don't think that 800 - 900 is a "deal" but I guess if a guy can eat more than 900 baht worth of food, maybe it is.

WOW I wish I was fat. I can't even eat 100 baht worth of food here without being full. sad.png

Personally, I don't think that 800 - 900 is a "deal" but I guess if a guy can eat more than 900 baht worth of food, maybe it is.

Nice buffets are not about how much you eat, but the choices you have. It's a special dining experience. I'm sure you eat more than my 38kg wife but she always joins me. She sometimes apologizes to me about how little she eats, but I tell her that's not the point. The point is to enjoy the experience.

... or should I consider if I can eat 1400 baht's worth of food to compensate? If I load a plate up with smoked and raw salmon I'm getting close.smile.png

Edited by tropo

Can anyone compare the 900 baht seafood buffet to the Pullman Saturday night buffet?

That's also 850/900 baht per head but includes half a bottle of drinkable wine per head as well. Service was very good the first time but the second time (about 5 weeks ago) only okay. It is also next to the pool and even inside is very casual.

Been there many times for dinner - last time was last night. We were a little later than usual, and by the time we hit the meat counter the chef was trying to tell my gf they were closing in a minute, hence the poor selection of anything (1 leg of ham, most vegetable dishes empty). This was around 9:30pm, after asking the waitress she told me the buffet closes at 10:30pm.....

Always enjoyed it before, but last night was embarrassing as I had clients from South Africa with me - I will not be returning.

Been there many times for dinner - last time was last night. We were a little later than usual, and by the time we hit the meat counter the chef was trying to tell my gf they were closing in a minute, hence the poor selection of anything (1 leg of ham, most vegetable dishes empty). This was around 9:30pm, after asking the waitress she told me the buffet closes at 10:30pm.....

Always enjoyed it before, but last night was embarrassing as I had clients from South Africa with me - I will not be returning.

You've enjoyed eating there many times but you won't be going back because they couldn't offer you a full selection at 9:30pm. You drive a hard bargain. Good luck finding a better deal elsewhere.

Can you imagine how much food they would have to waste by topping up all the dishes for one late group?

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

You've enjoyed eating there many times but you won't be going back because they couldn't offer you a full selection at 9:30pm. You drive a hard bargain. Good luck finding a better deal elsewhere.

Can you imagine how much food they would have to waste by topping up all the dishes for one late group?

Understand your point, but then they should say it closes at 9:30. Or maybe a reduced price for latecomers with limited selection?

If they say it is open, then you should get the same choices at 10:25pm as the people who ate at 6pm, IMHO.

• Like 1

Understand your point, but then they should say it closes at 9:30. Or maybe a reduced price for latecomers with limited selection?

If they say it is open, then you should get the same choices at 10:25pm as the people who ate at 6pm, IMHO.

I think in your case they should have explained that you may not get a full selection or told you you're too late.

I would never expect a buffet here to be fully stocked an hour before closing and would never go that late.

Where are you going to find a buffet as good fully stocked at 9:30pm for that price? I'll bet sooner or later you'll be back when you've tasted the competition.

Edited by tropo

I agree with QED on this. He didn't turn up late to his mate's BBQ and complain that there were no burgers left... He went to a nice restaurant at an international 4-star hotel and quite rightly expected there to be a good selection available at their buffet, for which he was paying around $25, 1 hour before the buffet closed. At the very least he should have been warned before he sat down that there was only a limited selection of food available. Real customer service (and damage limitation) would have involved the floor manager (or someone) taking stock of the situation and offering to either discount their meal, offer them some kind of voucher for a free or discounted meal in the future, or else offer to tell the chef to make them something special to compensate for the lack of items available at the buffet. A pan-friend chicken breast in some kind of sauce for example would cost less than 100 Baht to the restaurant I would imagine, and would most likely have resulted in their disgruntled customers leaving with a pleasant taste in their mouths and feeling somewhat special instead of feeling ripped off and planning on never returning.

These hotel buffets are not some kind of charitable event nor a loss leader. They are a money-spinner - they attract a crowd because they appear to represent good value... as you correctly stated in an earlier post most diners enjoy the mix of food available and do not focus solely on consuming as much as possible of the high value items, and so most diners eat a lot less than the value of the food consumed, and they do very nicely from the drinks ordered. Good F&B management would ensure there was still a good selection of items available at 9.30pm and smart F&B management would ensure that it is not the expensive items left sitting in the half empty trays at close of business.

That's my take on it anyway...

My approach to buffets is more realistic. I won't go to any buffets 1 hour before they close because you won't find any with full stock at that time no matter which hotel they are located at.

Cooking up a chicken dish to compensate for lack of other items is not going to cut it. You may as well dine ala carte. Food costs money and I disagree with you that this buffet is a "money-spinner". Perhaps the lunch buffet makes a profit, but the evening buffet has many times been very quiet when I've been there. These hotel restaurants do not need to perform as well as stand alone restaurants and this is one reason why they can offer more for less. This restaurant is a necessary part of the Hilton Hotel, whether it makes money or not and I don't believe it does on its own.

If there was a situation where I had to dine at a buffet that late, I would have a look at the selection before I sat down. If there were too many items missing I would ask the manager what can be done if anything.

Maybe you can find some very expensive buffets in other cities around the world which remain fully stocked until the last minute, but that's not going to happen at an 800 baht buffet.

As I said before, if QED boycotts the Hilton buffet, he's going to have to find a better one - and one which will remain fully stocked up until closing time. I wish him good luck and hope he reports about this better place on here.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

monday is BBQ day now

Does anyone know what are the "signature dishes" on Saturday? I have someone over and was thinking about going there tomorrow. I have tried the Sunday brunch a few times (very nice worth the extra money for special occasions), but never Saturday lunch.