We Work In Thailand -- But Where Else Have You Worked

DrWho

Nice thread, well except for the OP that is.

I have a feeling he won't be around too long anyway.

No particular order.

Worked in: Azerbaijan, Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, Sweden, Norway, Sakhalin, South Korea.

Called home: Australia, Thailand (6 years), Indonesia (last 4 years), Singapore (3-4 years).

Played footy: Singapore, Vietnam.

Disliked most: Singapore.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuscanny ain't cheap. I used to visit a client in Florence (Firenze). He had an amazing farmhouse with a small vinyard and olive grove. A wonderful life!

Provence in the south of France would also be nice. But again, it's no longer cheap.

Have you thought about parts of south America: Peru and Ecuador? Great food; relaxed lifestyle; affordable.

I guess it all comes down to your own individual budget.

Rest assured - it never comes down to my individual budget.

In no particular order

Singapore, Hong kong, Thailand, China, USA, Africa, Vietnam, Indonesia, UK, mainland Europe

I wouldn't like to be your wife. tongue.png

Which one ?....tongue.png

I will confess working all over the place does have tendency to play havoc with relationships...

OP, you're really doing rather well on the 'making friends with everyone on this forum' thing, aren't you?

I might as well post something on one of your threads before you get banned or sent on holiday...

As for me - pearl farming has taken me to some rather remote spots, mostly around SE Asia. Philippines, Indonesia, and Myanmar (Burma) - and all in the most isolated parts of those countries. Some stunning spots, I feel quite lucky to have been to these places.

Australia (origin), Hong Kong, China, Japan. Was in Rhodesia when younger - (now Zimbabwe).

In more recent years I have been working on wildlife projects which took me to some other wilderness and forest areas well off the beaten track, including the far eastern part of Cambodia, and the mountains of Tasmania.

Back in Myanmar now, or at least commuting between Yangon and Bangkok....

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
  • Like 1

Uganda was raw and almost every day I would see something that surprised me. The women are renowned for their ugliness though and everybody shouts at each other when they speak. Get a motorbike or car and you'll live happily, enjoying every weekend.. cars are expensive though.

Lucky me, I must’ve dated the only beautiful girl from Uganda then.tongue.png

At least in comparison to the other ugly girls present in the bar, most of which came from Ghana.

Anyway spend most of my working life in Saudi (20 yrs and counting) which tends to distort your sense of beauty.

Let THE MASTER decide.

Seriously though, what sort of prick feels the need to make comments about other men's wives?

Our Semper is one of the nice guys of Thai visa and is quite well liked here.

Using verbal abuse and obscenities to get a point over is an indication of low intelligence and lack of education, plus it contravenes Thai visa rules.

Think it`s about time the Tardis warpped off somewhere else in time and space.

And so is modifying someone else's post in a quote with font or colour changes, if you want to be pedantic.....zzz

Swearing is a really important part of one's life. It would be impossible to imagine going through life without swearing and without enjoying swearing... There used to be mad, silly, prissy people who used to say swearing was a sign of a poor vocabulary -such utter nonsense. The people I know who swear the most tend to have the widest vocabularies and the kind of person who says swearing is a sign of a poor vocabulary usually have a pretty poor vocabulary themselves... The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or a lack of verbal interest or -is just a fuc_king lunatic... I haven't met anybody who's truly shocked at swearing, really, they're only shocked on behalf of other people. Well, you know, that's preposterous... or they say 'it's not necessary'. As if that should stop one doing it! It's not necessary to have coloured socks, it's not necessary for this cushion to be here, but is anyone going to write in and say 'I was shocked to see that cushion there, it really wasn't necessary'? No, things not being necessary is what makes life interesting -the little extras in life.

-- Stephen Fry on the joys of swearing

S.V.B. finally something interesting on this thread, if you care to eloborate on your wildlife projects please share, thanks.

It was the development of remote camera and video monitoring equipment for wildlife research, conservation, documentary applications. Had some amazing experiences with it, and saw some brilliant wildlife too.

I kept a website going for a while, haven't updated it recently though:

http://thebeastcameras.xanga.com/

Click 'next 5' on the bottom of each page to see more.

This may be of interest too, did some filming around the islands of Myanmar

dr who,,\

you seam to like calling people pricks,

the way i read this there is only one of them on this thred, can you guess who im talking about, ill give you a clue it isnt the man you said is one

get a life,,

and yes ive worked all over the world and still do, oil and gas

OMG. Are you for real? Didn't you ever learn to read and write and spell?

Come back when you're worth taking seriously.

Further advice...... read the forum rules, because you are in breach, whether you are real or a troll.....And whilst on the topic of trolling, the secret of success is to be plausible. In one of your otther rants you are talking of having to prepare a boring presentation....so how come you have time to waste to fire abuse at all and sundry.

You are an idiot - either as an outed troll or as someone who hasn't got his presentation sorted. Surely you have been taught PPPPPP? When the presentation goes wrong, try to remember NOT to call your audience pricks, and DON'T tell them to get out of YOUR presentation. coffee1.gif

Agree with you.

The subject is interesting but the abusive attitude of the OP is unacceptable. It's a shame, it was a good thread.

• Like 1

No particular order but; throughout the UK, Holland, Germany, Iran, Saudi Arabia (3 times), Bahrain (twice), Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Malaysia (3 times), Vietnam, Hong Kong and of course Thailand.

Edited by mallyrd

Graduated Uni in the US and promptly became a low paid ESL teacher after a semester abroad here.

Loved teaching after 2.5 years of it so I went back to the US

Worked crap jobs due to being slammed with credits.

Graduated Dec 2011 certified in 7-12 Biology and after teaching in the US for a semester I was back in Thailand in April.

I'm 30 and my only real jobs have been in Thailand. It's been a weird road, but I've enjoyed it.

I'm in the British Navy, so can i class my stops as working.

If you say being in a country for one month or longer is excepted then - Bahrain 7 months, Belgium 2 half years, all over the UK and the Falkland islands x 2.

One day or more - St Kitts, British virgin islands, Barbados x 2, dominica, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos islands, Anguilla, Fortaleza Brazil, Montevideo Uruguay, South Georgia and the southern most Sandwich island (thule island), Ascension island (Island, smack bang in the middle of the South Atlantic, between Brazil and Africa), Tenerife, Cape Verde, Lisbon, all around France, and Guernsey.

I don't think i have forgotten any. smile.png

Edited by dean999

dr who,,\

you seam to like calling people pricks,

the way i read this there is only one of them on this thred, can you guess who im talking about, ill give you a clue it isnt the man you said is one

get a life,,

and yes ive worked all over the world and still do, oil and gas

OMG. Are you for real? Didn't you ever learn to read and write and spell?

Come back when you're worth taking seriously.

Further advice...... read the forum rules, because you are in breach, whether you are real or a troll.....And whilst on the topic of trolling, the secret of success is to be plausible. In one of your otther rants you are talking of having to prepare a boring presentation....so how come you have time to waste to fire abuse at all and sundry.

You are an idiot - either as an outed troll or as someone who hasn't got his presentation sorted. Surely you have been taught PPPPPP? When the presentation goes wrong, try to remember NOT to call your audience pricks, and DON'T tell them to get out of YOUR presentation. coffee1.gif

If cheesy.gif he is a troll, he's winning...........rolleyes.gif

Mexico, Bolivia, Uganda, Libya, Cambodia, China and Thailand and looking to drag my ass through Saudi Arabia next year. I will feel like a whore and maybe break contract but I feel I need to be imprisoned there before I have the cash to be free.

How was Uganda?

a friend told me a lot of Africans live and work in Uganda.

I'm in the British Navy, so can i class my stops as working.

If you say being in a country for one month or longer is excepted then - Bahrain 7 months, Belgium 2 half years, all over the UK and the Falkland islands x 2.

One day or more - St Kitts, British virgin islands, Barbados x 2, dominica, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos islands, Anguilla, Fortaleza Brazil, Montevideo Uruguay, South Georgia and the southern most Sandwich island (thule island), Ascension island (Island, smack bang in the middle of the South Atlantic, between Brazil and Africa), Tenerife, Cape Verde, Lisbon, all around France, and Guernsey.

I don't think i have forgotten any. smile.png

Like you Dean, I have been round the block once or twice serving my country. Or going from one party venue to the next? Whatever! Not even going to try to name them. Have done all continents (including Antartica!) with the exception of, believe it or not Australia. On the one occasion I had to go there I ended up staying in Hong Kong doing extra patrols for a mate who's wife was having a baby. But I digress!

I would highly recommend to the OP that he tries a perfect little island called South Georgia, deep in the South Atlantic for himself and lovely other half. Try and keep away from the city lights of Stromness and become one with nature. You should get on well with the resident battalion, as they get bored with love affairs with the penguins.

Added bonus for TV members is that it don't have internet!.................thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Sydney

The Netherlands (Just outside of Amsterdam near the airport - Hoofddorp)

Paris

San Jose

Boston

Tokyo

Sydney

Seattle

Hong Kong

Singapore

Thailand

Kuala Lumpur

Staying here in KL unless something quite large comes up . . . and then in a few years to NZ

Edited by Sing_Sling