Car Insurance Policy

phutoie2

Without seeing the policy impossible to judge, but: very limited coverages, 250.000 Bail is not enough, max. 200.000 Baht for damage to own car is only enough for very old cars. Most 8 year old cars (the maximum age the company will accept) are worth more here.

Have to agree the maximum of 200,000 Baht for own damage is low and we can offer several policies with (say) 1m Baht coverage depending on age of vehicle plus the 8 yrear maximum age is (again) very low. However the 250,000 Baht for Bail Bond is ample - for forigners the amount usually required is 200,000 Baht (100,00 Baht for Thais)

• 2 weeks later...

Monday I need to renew my insurance as my first year was free (Tokyo Marine), second year was Krungthep/Bangkok insurance which I paid for and yesterday I called them (<deleted>?! press English and the person can't speak it!!) and they said I have never had insurance, only temporary for a week?! I guess the motorbike guy kept my 20,000 baht who workED for them.

I'm thinking about using AA now as I hear good things about it here.

My dealer always wants to help me but I guess they only do that for getting commission.

I wonder if it's possible for getting a commission by cardealers when they offer AA so I can help the good guy as well.

A reply here would be welcome :-)

PS. I heard horror stories abt several insurance companies not covering own mistakes at all with first class insurance. One time I made a u-turn and out if nowhere came a dog so I drive around it not seeing a stone wall which scratched a small part of my body. It was 100% dark, but indeed my fault. I hope AA is just like Tokyo marine a good insurance for unlucky people like me, lol.

• 2 months later...

Just renewed today BUT

knowing that it was due this month was waiting for payment order, but also found out that this would of been no good as i was advised it was suppose to be paid 1 mth prior

No phone calls NOTHING Been with them for 4 yrs without a claim

So here i am thinking that this year we should get another dicount WRONG

What had happened though was they actually gave the policy to another company TQM who had a man come to the house to get the payment (thats when i found out they gave it to them)

Then to my suprise i found out it was a week overdue so I had to start a new policy with TQM costing 3-4000 bht more since we lost all our benefits from before

NOT HAPPY

Just so you know, AA is not an insurance company as such, they are brokers. My experience with them has been OK.

They marry you up with the policy ad company that they suits your needs and get a commission from the company, going direct is no cheaper in my experience by the way. They seem to know their stuff.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by nokbird

• 2 weeks later...

OK their a broker no different to other forms of brokerage & if the rep sells a sh8T load over 15 yrs could most likekly semi retire alot earlier than planned just on the commission

Back to my thought

Said previously insurance company dumped us to another without notification

Maybe it was due to the fact that we financed the car through Toyota who also supplied the insurance company so MAYBE because we made the last payment for the vehicle in Nov 12 & had to make the yearly payment for insurance arranged by Toyota through an insurance company in Dec 12 that they wiped their hands off us since we had paid the car of

Dont know but just a thought