House Proud............... Yes Or No ?

thequietman

A trying day is when the poor old guy comes with his weed eater.Wife standing there stick in hand, yelling at him when he gets close to her prize plants. I feel like I should slip him extra baht for the abuse.He does seem to have the ability to ignore her. After he leaves she is trimming around the plants with a cleaver.She actually cut front and back yard grass using that method one time.At 60 she's still half barracuda and half chainsaw, but takes good care of me, the old woman across from us, and of course the soi dogs.

My wife likes to have all of the other women over for a big pot luck a couple of times a year. The husbands and kids are optional. They can come or not as they please. The boys and I hate these parties as we are put to work for a week ahead spring cleaning the house getting it ready to show off.

when a thai wife asks for pretty things and a nice home and garden but is unwilling to do the simplest thing like cleaning it herself as there is no financial incentive to do it............... then it bothers me.

Change wife or don't by her stuff. No, I have not noticed what you descibed in the op.

Mine isnt a cleaning freak but she does do it regularly and likes things to be nice, she does get very offended if I go to do something as she says its not my job and I must tell her. Her parents are the same, very tidy and they like keeping the garden tidy, cutting the grass trimming bushes and all sorts for us.

The place always looks nice, not spick and span but very presentable and it suits me fine, wouldnt like a sterile cleaning freak. My brother married one of them and she's a nutter ! makes life very uncomfortable .

Edited by CharlieH

My wife keeps are house very clean in Belgium. She asked me once why i don't help to clean. I said i don't mind doing the dishes but hoovering ect, no. When she started to complain, i said next time the leaves need picking up or the grass needs cutting, you can do that and i'll clean the house. The garden is big and we are on the edge of a forest. It takes hours to do. So now she is happy with the housework. I'm happy with the garden. Win win for both of us.

Plus, she made a mistake when we first met. I started to iron my cloths and she told me not too as it's womens work. She made her bed, now she can lay in it. tongue.pngsmile.png

My wifes friend was brought up with a maid. Her house is a tip, because of her up bringing. But her husband never says anything. He always buys takeaway meals, everytime she cooks he ends up ill. He needs to grow a pair and give her a kick up the ass. Forgot to say, she doesn't work, so she has plenty of time on her hands.

My wife and her friend keep making excuses as to why they can't go around her house. You would think she would click on.

Before anyone says my wife and her friend are stuck up. My wife is alergic to animal hair and dust, her friend has not long come out of hospital due to a lung problem. As you can imagin, being in a dirty house is bad for both. She has a dog too.

Edited by dean999
  • Like 1

Well this has turned into a "my wife is so clean and houseproud" thread. I'm with the OP on this one. They don't appreciate or maintain anything for long. It's not just the women either, the maintenance dept in our company are a bunch of halfwits. How many hotels and resorts go downhill not long after the honeymoon period finishes? Motorbikes are generally trashed after a short period. Because they don't think of the future, Today is all that matters to them whistling.gif

• Like 1

A lot of Thai houses are so poorly constructed that it's an exercise in futility to try to stop them from looking tatty after only a few years. You could clean the bejeezes out of it and it would still look like a ruin.

Rubbish! It's called maintenance.

Well this has turned into a "my wife is so clean and houseproud" thread. I'm with the OP on this one. They don't appreciate or maintain anything for long. It's not just the women either, the maintenance dept in our company are a bunch of halfwits. How many hotels and resorts go downhill not long after the honeymoon period finishes? Motorbikes are generally trashed after a short period. Because they don't think of the future, Today is all that matters to them whistling.gif

Speaking of Hotels going downhill, how about the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. When was it opened? 1879 I think. Probably gone to heck though. Who stays there now a days? I think these people do, Neil Armstrong, Lauren Bacall, George H. W. Bush, Jacques Chirac, Sean Connery, Mel Gibson, Václav Havel, Audrey Hepburn, Mick Jagger, Henry Kissinger, Helmut Kohl, David Beckham, Niki Lauda, Sophia Loren, Yehudi Menuhin, Richard Nixon, Pelé, Queen Sofia of Spain, Diana, Princess of Wales and Prince Charles, Omar Sharif, Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Jackson, and Michael de la Force.

Speaking of Hotels going downhill, how about the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. When was it opened? 1879 I think. Probably gone to heck though. Who stays there now a days? I think these people do, Neil Armstrong, Lauren Bacall, George H. W. Bush, Jacques Chirac, Sean Connery, Mel Gibson, Václav Havel, Audrey Hepburn, Mick Jagger, Henry Kissinger, Helmut Kohl, David Beckham, Niki Lauda, Sophia Loren, Yehudi Menuhin, Richard Nixon, Pelé, Queen Sofia of Spain, Diana, Princess of Wales and Prince Charles, Omar Sharif, Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Jackson, and Michael de la Force.

Farang managed. Try again.

• Like 1

Prince Bhanu, General Chai Prateepasen, Pote Sarasin (a Thai lawyer). In addition to management the staff is Thai. Now if you want to look at trash go to Arkansas and visit my ex in laws family. Not the whole family of course. Ask for Dude's place.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Prince Bhanu, General Chai Prateepasen, Pote Sarasin (a Thai lawyer). In addition to management the staff is Thai. Now if you want to look at trash go to Arkansas and visit my ex in laws family. Not the whole family of course. Ask for Dude's place.

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/media/press-kits/ thumbsup.gif

My wife seems to pay a lot of attention to allways keeping the floors spotless. The rest of the house can be dirty and thats O.K. though. I work, wife looks after the house to a point. We each have our place in keeping domestic bliss. If the house starts to get a bit dirty or the washing needs to be done or something then I'll do it myself, when my wife see's me doing what's her reponsibility she lifts her game quickly. Generally were happy.

I built a house in Thailand, a big house, quite plain and nothing fancy but respectable, today it appears to have been neglected, We live in Oz and the outlaws live up country in the house and do nothing to maintain it, sad really but when you look at how they lived before I would be crazy to expect better.

• Like 2

http://www.mandarino...dia/press-kits/ thumbsup.gif

The family that owns Central department stores is Thai as are thousands of other Thai families who own well managed and maintained businesses. To suggest otherwise is simply not true.