Generators....

AL1508

I know there are many topics on this subject, But i cant see any recent ones with an answer i'm looking for.

I'm looking for a generator, something about 7 or 8Kw also an ATS.

What sort of money would i be looking at for this? also i would appreciate recommendations.

thank you all

Contact forum sponsor Genset by PM for deals on generators and transfer switches

But before you do, consider:-

Preferred fuel:- diesel, gasoline, LPG

Usage pattern:- is this occasional use, regular standby or a primary power source.

Actual rating of what you intend running

Do you want full auto, or don't you mind turning the key to start.

Once you have this info you can start looking as costings.

Gensets website is here http://www.generatorsolutions.org/ and is well worth a read, it will answer many questions.

• Like 1

I had actually sent him an email. but with it being rainy season i guess he must be busy.

My purpose of it is for emergency power only, and i need it to be fully automatic. Fuel source is not really a big factor, i would probably prefer it to be gas, as its easy to get hold of, plus no mess during the hook up, and i can also hook a few bottles up at once. But this is not a deal breaker. I would accept petrol or diesel.

Al:

I had John (aka) Genset install a 11kw Cummins diesel generator with the Cummins ATS at my Isan house last April. It's been 6 months now and it's been running like a swiss watch, wish I would have had it years ago. All in with genset, ATS, delivery, running cables, etc. I put the total cost at 450,000 baht.

I would whole heartedly recommond him to do the work, I know he's a very busy guy but it's worth having him around to interface between yourself and the Cummins people

The link Crossy has supplied is the one I started to detail my experiences.

Ken

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. guys. Ken like yourself i'm a rig pig, so i know the cummings diesel do supply solid gear.

450k is a bit rich for my tastes, as i live in a rented house, so i'm not willing to make that kind of investment on someone else's property.

I was looking for something like this

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/GENERAC-Automatic-Standby-Generator-6FDL9?Pid=search

Thanks for the feedback. guys. Ken like yourself i'm a rig pig, so i know the cummings diesel do supply solid gear.

450k is a bit rich for my tastes, as i live in a rented house, so i'm not willing to make that kind of investment on someone else's property.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/GENERAC-Automatic-Standby-Generator-6FDL9?Pid=search

Is 60hz OK for you? everything would run 20% faster. AC compressors, fridge compressors etc.

If you are living in a rented house you will have to obtain the owners permission to install the additional wiring along with any upgrading of main switchboard if required.

It might be more advantageous if you installed the generator set by means of an inlet socket with manual change over switch. It must be connected in a manner so as to prevent backfeeding into the distribution network.

http://www.grainger....FDL9?Pid=search

Is 60hz OK for you? everything would run 20% faster. AC compressors, fridge compressors etc.

I did not mean that exact model, just something with that amount of power in that price range.