Dangerous Levels Of Pesticides Will Poison Thailand's Food Plan

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So all the certifications and the labellings are false if not unreliable! So i thought i had been eating organic veggies but they could be pesticide-laden stuff!! I already cut down on meat, fish, shrimps, seafood here as they are all sprayed with chemicals for preserving corpses! Gosh amazing thailand!

any advice on cleaning the veggie from pesticde will be appreciated.

• Like 1

So all the certifications and the labellings are false if not unreliable! So i thought i had been eating organic veggies but they could be pesticide-laden stuff!! I already cut down on meat, fish, shrimps, seafood here as they are all sprayed with chemicals for preserving corpses! Gosh amazing thailand!

I can only suggest either u grow your own, soak the stuff in detergent water (special soap from most supermarkets) for a long time before using (but this only gets rid of the surface stuff), become a carnivore, or put up and shut up, as they say.clap2.gif

• Like 1

the government should make farmers aware of what they are using on their crops.

the fertilizer and persticide companies used the same tactic in england about 20 years ago.

they approach the farmers and say u can increase your crop yield by let say 50% if u use this on your crops

in the first year they give a big discount on the price, the farmers are happy 50% more income.

in the second year they have to pay more, but farmers do not want to see a 50% drop in income

so the cycle has started.......

the government must set strict limits and educate the farmers!!!!!!

b4 the companies pollute this beautiful country

• Like 1

soaking your veggies in a baking soda solution removes about 95% of the pesticides. I have friends here that work at a testing company, they test for this stuff, and they soak their lab equipment in a baking soda solution to prevent false readings. I buy more baking soda than anything else at the store because everything I eat doesn't come with a label other than produce from the royal projects.

the government should make farmers aware of what they are using on their crops.

the fertilizer and persticide companies used the same tactic in england about 20 years ago.

they approach the farmers and say u can increase your crop yield by let say 50% if u use this on your crops

in the first year they give a big discount on the price, the farmers are happy 50% more income.

in the second year they have to pay more, but farmers do not want to see a 50% drop in income

so the cycle has started.......

the government must set strict limits and educate the farmers!!!!!!

b4 the companies pollute this beautiful country

They have been educating farmers for 50 years about this, and the dangers of communal farming also.

And which politician imports and distributes the poison, one day soon all will come falling down, this house of cards! maybe 2015 will be the trigger?

For many of us long time observers, we are somewhat surprised that the trigger event that will bring down the house has not yet occurred. But speaking of bad health, as one who has long spent his years in-country in the rural agricultural areas, the health issues associated with the unprofessional use of pesticide is far worse that even this brief article hints at.

• Like 1

And which politician imports and distributes the poison, one day soon all will come falling down, this house of cards! maybe 2015 will be the trigger?

For many of us long time observers, we are somewhat surprised that the trigger event that will bring down the house has not yet occurred. But speaking of bad health, as one who has long spent his years in-country in the rural agricultural areas, the health issues associated with the unprofessional use of pesticide is far worse that even this brief article hints at.

Having worked in agriculture here, kill it quick with whatever works quickest.

I use Veggie Wash. I've seen it in Gourmet Market and Home Fresh Mart.

soaking your veggies in a baking soda solution removes about 95% of the pesticides. I have friends here that work at a testing company, they test for this stuff, and they soak their lab equipment in a baking soda solution to prevent false readings. I buy more baking soda than anything else at the store because everything I eat doesn't come with a label other than produce from the royal projects.

Thanks for the tip. I'll wash the produce when my gf isn't around because she says that it's not a problem,

Who would dare to test it?

• Like 1

Weirdest thing of all is that there is not an EU ban on import but a Thai prohibition on export. Make sense ? Well it does as far as the government is concerned as that attracts less harmful publicity than a ban would....apparently smile.png . Certainly many Thai restaurants in London at least are now getting their herbs like Holy Basil from Vietnamese importers who must be laughing all the way to the bank. TIT.

There are (large) farms in the north that are specially sponsored that come down the chain to the upper food supermarkets and are labeled "Organic" and "Pesticide Fee" but they are not, in no way.....

Baking soda and water - soak for a reasonable time 30 min. ++

Indeed! Where we lived, there were hundreds of Honey Tangerine plantations... Driving out of the area (a rather large one at that!) for a day and coming back into the area is a shock to the olfactory sense! You can smell the chlorine in the air immediately. Monsanto, Glaxo, and a few other death dealers were very busy in the area selling the poison. On a farm just 100 meters from one of my houses, there were 14 deaths "due to HEALTH". All were Shan immigrants (with work permits).

Indeed! Where we lived, there were hundreds of Honey Tangerine plantations... Driving out of the area (a rather large one at that!) for a day and coming back into the area is a shock to the olfactory sense! You can smell the chlorine in the air immediately. Monsanto, Glaxo, and a few other death dealers were very busy in the area selling the poison. On a farm just 100 meters from one of my houses, there were 14 deaths "due to HEALTH". All were Shan immigrants (with work permits).

No disrespect, but imported pesticides are largely not used because they are too expensive. Good old cypermethrin locally made is the stuff.

Wow!!! 202 times the amount of chemicals allowed by European guidelines.

Maybe it's time again for our dear leader in Dubai to arrange a Cabinet member Thai "safe" food eating show?

So when we starting to glow and loosing hair, that´s when we know we had to much "veggies" ??? Scary.

No disrespect, but imported pesticides are largely not used because they are too expensive. Good old cypermethrin locally made is the stuff.

Thai at Heart,

Oh they are using the stuff from abroad alright! I took many of the plantation owners to task and asked to see what they were using - I'm the uncle of the area because of being outspoken for the poor and downtrodden (via the missus). In Fang, about 10 yrs. ago, there was a very nice holistic monk who was murdered for opposing the big chem pushers. Rumors were that the hit men were paid by the chem reps. And "Rennet" was another nasty pesticide. DDT has been banned in almost every country in the world but Thailand has a weaker version of it - sorry, can't remember the name.

Thai at Heart,

Oh they are using the stuff from abroad alright! I took many of the plantation owners to task and asked to see what they were using - I'm the uncle of the area because of being outspoken for the poor and downtrodden (via the missus). In Fang, about 10 yrs. ago, there was a very nice holistic monk who was murdered for opposing the big chem pushers. Rumors were that the hit men were paid by the chem reps. And "Rennet" was another nasty pesticide. DDT has been banned in almost every country in the world but Thailand has a weaker version of it - sorry, can't remember the name.

The domestic manufacturers have 85% market share. The products are minimum half the price of imported. If there are no limits and no testing what benefit would the farmer get for using them.

Now up north there are plantations exporting idemame beans to Japan and they are tested, orange plantations i know all about i used to work for one of the owners of one the biggest.

If it was for domestic consumption, i doubt they would waste one satang more than necessary for pesticide. For export, possibly.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Thai at Heart,

The domestic manufacturers have 85% market share. The products are minimum half the price of imported. If there are no limits and no testing what benefit would the farmer get for using them.

Now up north there are plantations exporting idemame beans to Japan and they are tested, orange plantations i know all about i used to work for one of the owners of one the biggest.

If it was for domestic consumption, i doubt they would waste one satang more than necessary for pesticide. For export, possibly.

TAH,

Tanathorn was (maybe still is) using Rennet (imported) for many years. And isn't it true that now, after getting the formulae from the big chem companies, that indeed, the Thai companies are locally producing the stuff?