Dangerous Levels Of Pesticides Will Poison Thailand's Food Plan

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1Ghi everybody!

i wrote to bayer in thailand about the use of pesticides, suprisingly with no reply

but i am like a dog with a bone!

i wrote to bayer in england saying i was doing a school project! lol

somebody wrote back!!!!!!!!

this was their reply!

any has banned the use of neonicotinoids. Bayer still manufactures and distributes outside of the country. Why do u still sell?

Actually Germany has not banned the use of neonicotinoids; there is a single restriction in use, and that is a current suspension in its use in maize whilst a better understanding of how to reduce dust containing neonicotinoids coming out of the pneumatic seed drills used in this country. These products continue to be used extensively in other crops, including oilseed rape where it replaced more toxic and less environmentally friendly carbamates and organophosphates

2. Do u supply these chemicals in any format to farmers in third world countries to increase yields?

Some countries, for example in southern Africa, India and southeast Asia do have access to these products and they have proved extremely popular especially because of their very low human toxicity. It is important to recognise that many farmers and growers in these countries frequently have little access to personal protective equipment and traditionally their access to the pesticides that they need to control destructive pests has been limited to old, relatively toxic chemistries. Access to neonicotinoids not only means lower operator exposure but, in the case of seed treatments, means that less expensive equipment is required

3. Carbofuran, dicrotophos, methomyl and EPN?

None of these are neonicotinoids and, to my knowledge, we do not sell them.

xxxxx, a key issue here is that farmers and growers do have to control pests and diseases that would otherwise stop them producing a plentiful supply of high quality affordable food. The vast majority of them use pesticides both responsibly and carefully, making sure that they use enough to “do the job” but the minimum possible. Using a neonicotinoid seed treatment reduces the amount of pesticide put into the environment, and if used according to the detailed instructions, is safe to the user and will not harm non-target organisms.

Very happy to discuss

Yours Sincerely

Julian

Dr Julian Little

Communications

Bayer Bee Care Center