Don't You People Need A Break From Thailand?

tartempion

The OP is what make me depressed about Thailand, Rich retired cranky westerners that have came here to take advantage of poor women, they should go retire in a gated community in Florida.

Since the Portuguese sailor went running for his life away from the Thai women in Phuket in the 15th century and settled in Ayutthaya Thai women have been taking advantage of Farangs. A little study of Thai history would be in order. Did you ever wonder why Thai men don't mind Western men coming to Thailand? Wake up!biggrin.png

Phuket was the Pattaya of the 15th century ? Harrrrrr, now I understand where all those exotic chinese-arabian-martian-thai-bulgarian mixes are from, where there are sailors, there are .. business establishments.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likewise I am happy here and no intention of going back to where I was born, if wanting a change for a few days out of Thailand then 1 hour or so can be in KL or Hanoi, and in only 4 hours can be in Australia...

Remember well one year being fed up with Portugal in August [live and worked there for 13 years] going to Madrid in Spain, much hotter, had no idea people from Madrid closed up for August to go on Holiday as so hot and humid in Madrid in August....... Only Problem with Portugal was when they joined the EU.

Please advise which airline can fly you to Australia from Thailand in 4 HOURS....I would like to book immediately....LOL

The OP is what make me depressed about Thailand, Rich retired cranky westerners that have came here to take advantage of poor women, they should go retire in a gated community in Florida.

Since the Portuguese sailor went running for his life away from the Thai women in Phuket in the 15th century and settled in Ayutthaya Thai women have been taking advantage of Farangs. A little study of Thai history would be in order. Did you ever wonder why Thai men don't mind Western men coming to Thailand? Wake up!biggrin.png

Would you care to elaborate?

It's in my next book, Thai cooking Portuguese style. Look for at at your favorite newstand. Or google Portuguese history in Thailand.

I'm glad it's only a cookery book (and not a history book) that you're writing.

Bon chance.

Hi guys,

Just to mention I am in rainy and reasonably fresh Belle-gium, happy to cool off away from LOS, with my fridge bursting with a zillion food items you can´t find at Tops, Villa Market or Foodland. These delicious edible items were bought at the local small supermarket 15kms away from anything resembling a "town".

These include beers where Chang is horse-piss in comparison, not to mention the wines and cheese, pates, saucisses.

Wondering what for super food I will be able to buy hitting a real delicatessen shop.

Now the Belgians are a sad bunch of people having suffered from 9 months of rain so far this year, poor people.

I for one am happy and enjoying the bad weather, wearing a pullover all day, watched the 7pm news and upped the heating to 22C compared to the 25C aircon from last week.

Don't get me wrong: I am a happy man in Thailand, happy to leave after a 5 months stay and happy to come back 4 weeks later.

Just that I can't stand more than 150 days in LOS, missing too much of the good and bad from bloody Europe.

Funny replies some of you make here laugh.png

Enjoying the best of both worlds every day.

• Like 1

"people driving on the wrong side of the road, without lights, without drivers license, without helmet, police collecting money like buying eggs at the market from the above motorbike drivers."

These are the reasons I love Thailand; the fact you can pretty much do what you want. Many people are tired of the 'Nanny State', I'm a libertarian, it's innate within me. Try living in Europe for 365 days!!

If you are a farang, you just wait and see what happens to you if you cause a problem. You will cry for your nanny states help, OR here. sad.png

Easy for you to say that NIck. Its all fun an games, till something goes wrong. Ever seen "The Beach"? (NOt that im comparing general life to that movie, OR Thailand, im jsut saying that things may seem like paradise and Utopia when alls fine and dandy, but when you things go wrong, its not so much fun anymore.) Ive had friends bikes being messed up due to bad workmanship. Sticking back wheels in front wheels. Fake parts. Shoddy workmanship when serious loss of life or limb may occur, isnt fun. ..and there is never any recourse. Not to say that i want a "nanny state" either, but there is a difference between over protection and zero responsibility. Do wish that Thailand was more conscientious regarding some factors.

Hi guys,

Just to mention I am in rainy and reasonably fresh Belle-gium, happy to cool off away from LOS, with my fridge bursting with a zillion food items you can´t find at Tops, Villa Market or Foodland. These delicious edible items were bought at the local small supermarket 15kms away from anything resembling a "town".

These include beers where Chang is horse-piss in comparison, not to mention the wines and cheese, pates, saucisses.

Wondering what for super food I will be able to buy hitting a real delicatessen shop.

That's how it is in Europe. No comparison to "Villa" or "Tops" in Thailand. Great food at half prices. My girlfriend couldn't believe this until I showed it to her.

But people argue "Thailand has the best food on earth".... Not true. A lot of better food in Malaysia, Singapore, Japan - to name a few. And more hygienic too.

Thai food isn't bad, much better than in Philippines, Cambodia.... But it gets boring after a while, and their attempts to make Western or Japanese food never gets above mediocre levels.

Now the Belgians are a sad bunch of people having suffered from 9 months of rain so far this year, poor people.

I for one am happy and enjoying the bad weather, wearing a pullover all day, watched the 7pm news and upped the heating to 22C compared to the 25C aircon from last week.

That's the reason I'm here now, I cannot stand exactly that weather back home.

Everything you do in life is a compromise. But it's good to have a choice.

I miss my home country Australia and go back every 6 months and travel around the country side with my Thai wife.We stay there for 1 month each time and she always wants to move there. When we come home we love it , but love going to the outback where there is a shortage of people which we both love . As I am getting older I feel my country can give me better health care and if I got sick the ambulance would be there in 10 minutes or quicker. So at the moment we have a great life , but when I think of it , in the future we will be in my country .