Fox News Broadcasts Suicide On Live Television

webfact

Police ID man who killed self on TV after chase

PHOENIX (AP) — A man who stole a car at gunpoint, shot at
Phoenix police officers
and then led them on a chase that ended with his suicide broadcast on national television was identified Saturday as a wanted felon with a long criminal history.

Jodon F. Romero, 33, was wanted for violating his parole for a weapons conviction and had numerous other violent crimes in his background, police spokesman Sgt.
Tommy Thompson
said.

Shepherd Smith is the only one of those Fox people who shows some sense of embarrassment at the ridiculous stuff he has to read. Not that I watch it that often...

Does anyone know if any of the Fox people have ever left and found broadcasting work elsewhere? Or does Ailes do character assassinations on defectors?

The only notable person who has left and been hired by anyone else was the hottie Kiran Chetry, who was immediately hired by CNN, then famously flamed out last year after a short tenure, and has to this date failed to be rehired by anyone in the business. I don't think they can't get work elsewhere because of Ailes anger, but because they become so tainted that nobody in the mainstream press will touch them.

I agree Shepard is enjoyable, if not a little over the top dramatic to watch, but does liven up news. And, I agree this incident was certainly not intentional by Shep or others. I shudder to think how quickly he'll be bounced out of the gay-bashing channel if he ever comes out of the closet. Brit Hume has become a shill for Ailes, as has, unfortunately, Chris Wallace, whose father of course is the famous Mike Wallace.

Edited by keemapoot
  • Like 1

Most of the broadcasters on Fox News do not want to leave because they are so much more successful than any other network, but a few have left and work elsewhere.

The liberals have done the same number on Fox as they do to pretty much every conservative. They just repeat the same lies over and over again until it becomes the conventional "wisdom." The truth is that they have to demonize them, because there is finally a news station without a liberal bias and it makes it more difficult for them ignore scandals like Fast and Furious and to present politics from only their own point of view and get away with it.

60% of the American people distrust the media these days and it is not because of Fox. It is because of the mainstream media perpetuating lies like pretending that Romney caused a woman's cancer, that he has not paid taxes in 10 years and that the terrorist attack on the US embassy in Libya was just a spontaneous riot.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

You know what is really fun to do? Watch Fox News for a week. Then, watch RT channel (Russia Today) - the international News channel trying to compete with BBC, CNN, Aljazeera etc.). You can watch both free online.

It's amazing how similar they are. Nonstop direct and subtle putdown and criticism of the Obama administration. You can't help but laugh because one channel is trying to eliminate American influence in the world, and one channel is trying to eliminate the "worst President in history," but both end up broadcasting similar content. laugh.png

• Like 1

I watch Fox News, BBC and Aljazeera regularly. They are all on the cable that I get for 350 baht per month. I also get RT, but do not watch it often. Fox News is not any more honest than the other stations, but it is not any less honest either. They all lie regularly, but about different things.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I think Shepard Smith's on air comments immediately after the incident should be watched by certain of our members.

It would seem to be a heartfelt apology. Make your own judgement.

Great bit of delivery, but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that it if wasn't for the uproar over Janet Jackson's tit, Fox would be showing every piece of filth and grime they could.

It's a Murdoch thing, that's how he's built his empire.

Oh, and personally I'm not even going to bother to look, but I daresay a load of rubberneckers have posted this on Youtube and a load more rubberneckers have had a good old look at it.

If you had bothered to waste 1:21 of your valuable time you would find out I DID NOT post the graphic video.

I think you are confusing Fox with MSNBC concerning the filth on air.

A favorite jab was by Olbermann, who said:

"...Bill Hemmer, who had a career in journalism that he gave up to work at Fox..."

Yeah, Olberman is a character reference most people don't brag about..

Anyone still feel sorrow for the career violent criminal who shot himself in the head? For the record - I don't. I hope the news highlights that someone who car-jacked someone at gunpoint, took the police on a wild chase, shown nationwide on TV, decided to take his own life. This is the kind of news (result of criminal action) that young wannabe hoodlums need to see more of, not just the "exciting" Grand-Theft-Auto car chase where all that happens is someone gets handcuffed (just like in the video game).

• Like 1

Anyone still feel sorrow for the career violent criminal who shot himself in the head? For the record - I don't. I hope the news highlights that someone who car-jacked someone at gunpoint, took the police on a wild chase, shown nationwide on TV, decided to take his own life. This is the kind of news (result of criminal action) that young wannabe hoodlums need to see more of, not just the "exciting" Grand-Theft-Auto car chase where all that happens is someone gets handcuffed (just like in the video game).

I don't disagree with your point, but show it in Juvie, not on national broadcast television, eh? And in the video game, I believe you can beat whores to death with tyre irons. Sad that grown ups want to play that kind of game, if you ask me.

No wonder I like Fox News so much.. They have moved to the center.

The strategy comes with both rewards and risks. Fox’s debates have won widespread plaudits, as well as good ratings — two of its debates are in the top five rated debates of the season, in a list that included several network debates. The channel remains solidly at the top of the cable news ratings, with more viewers last year than CNN and MSNBC combined. Fox News declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72825_Page2.html#ixzz27xZju2zV

The video is in no way "graphic". In fact, it is shot from so far away that it is difficult to tell what is happening.

I don't know about that. I've never seen any videos of people shooting themselves in the head before - it was fairly unsettling but I was surprised that it wasn't messy (brain, skull, blood) - I guess I've watched too many movies or it depends on the gun & ammo used.

I watch Fox News, BBC and Aljazeera regularly. They are all on the cable that I get for 350 baht per month. I also get RT, but do not watch it often. Fox News is not any more honest than the other stations, but it is not any less honest either. They all lie regularly, but about different things.

With all due respect, the Al Jazeera (English) is much more subtle in its bias. I watch it sometimes for a different view, but I bristle at some of the overt negative UK and USA stories. Unlike Fox, it caters to what I think is a different demographic.

I find that the German news show DW is more factually based and yes, I still have faith in the BBC. Watching the RNC convention coverage on Fox was akin to watching the Republican party channel. For all of CNN's faults it does offer both sides of a political argument. As for the RT channel, the Russians never offer anything critical of their corrupt ham handed government. Mr. Putin is still considered the man with the" sh*t that don't stink." Check out the German news, you won't be disappointed.

Know what the biggest obstacle for me watching FOX is? The bloody freezing of the feed. Every couple of minutes, the picture breaks up and freezes. I don't know whether it is the Thai channel provider or the satellie feed or whatever, but there are times when I want to throw something at the telly.

The video is in no way "graphic". In fact, it is shot from so far away that it is difficult to tell what is happening.

I don't know about that. I've never seen any videos of people shooting themselves in the head before - it was fairly unsettling but I was surprised that it wasn't messy (brain, skull, blood) - I guess I've watched too many movies or it depends on the gun & ammo used.

Huh? I could barely see what was happening as it was shot from so far away. If it was "messy", I doubt it anyone would have known.

For all of CNN's faults it does offer both sides of a political argument.

So does Fox. Even the real nuts like Hannity always have liberals giving the latest talking points and many are quite eloquent.

Special Report has both liberals and conservatives on the panel and it is all quite fair and balanced - although Charles Krauthammer always blows the other commentators away because of his amazing intellect.

Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace and a bunch of the other Sunday shows have balanced panels and like Special Report, there is no yelling or screaming.

There are plenty of shows on Fox New that I do not like, but there are also plenty of good ones that do give both sides of the story.

No wonder I like Fox News so much.. They have moved to the center.

The strategy comes with both rewards and risks. Fox’s debates have won widespread plaudits, as well as good ratings — two of its debates are in the top five rated debates of the season, in a list that included several network debates. The channel remains solidly at the top of the cable news ratings, with more viewers last year than CNN and MSNBC combined. Fox News declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz27xZju2zV

That's funny because I heard last week on Fox's Special Report that Fox wasn't selected to do any of the presidential debates?

faux news is so far beyond the pale though laugh.png

i watch some times if i'm in need of a good giggle.

can you point me to some proof of BBC lying regularly just out of curiosity?

A post about the BBC has been deleted. This is a rather simple topic. It's about a Fox News Broadcast of a Suicide on Live Television. It's not about all things related to Fox, or a comparison of Fox News to anyone else.

Actually, it appears to be about a broadcasting error being made. Anybody that saw Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction can attest to the fact that it's not the first mistake made.

Stick to the topic.

A post about the BBC has been deleted. This is a rather simple topic. It's about a Fox News Broadcast of a Suicide on Live Television. It's not about all things related to Fox, or a comparison of Fox News to anyone else.

Actually, it appears to be about a broadcasting error being made. Anybody that saw Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction can attest to the fact that it's not the first mistake made.

Stick to the topic.

Bad example, Janet's was planned. ;)

Edited by koheesti

Stick to the topic.

Mistake or not, it was essential viewing for some of us!smile.png

faux news is so far beyond the pale though laugh.png

i watch some times if i'm in need of a good giggle.

can you point me to some proof of BBC lying regularly just out of curiosity?

Like all media it is lying by omission. It's not what they do say, it's what they don't say. When there is a right wing government in power the opposition always accuse the BBC of being biased in favour of the incumbent government. Likewise when there is a left wing government the same applies. Hardly surprising really, after all the government of the day has the last word as to who the Chairman of the BBC will be, Board of Governors etc. The idea that the BBC is some kind of independent democratic broadcasting organisation is the stuff of fantasy. But no matter what colour the government of the day, what is indisputable is that the BBC will always be packed and controlled by 'Establishment Figures'. Who will never rock the boat. As witnessed by the current scandal regarding the "National Treasure" recently deceased BBC disc jockey, who has left the BBC and their long serving establishment figures, ( of which he was one), looking extremely stupid, and open to charges of negligence, not to say serious corruption on a grand scale. But this is off topic! Would be an interesting new topic though mods, although i doubt if it would last long! Probably best not to go there!

My favorite Faux News folly was one Saturday morning about two years ago someone spotted something suspicious lying on the side of the path while driving across a bridge in NYC. He called it in, the bridge was closed while they checked it, and FN picked up the story. They said it was a bomb, and it was part of terrorist plot they and Homeland Security have been monitoring for a while, etc. Turned out it was an old flashlight. Story disappeared with no further comment.